So, when to expect some technical improvements?

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

RadonGOG
Scholar

So, when to expect some technical improvements?

Post by RadonGOG » July 7th, 2017, 12:17 pm

I´m talking about Stuff like this:
  1. Supersampled Character Models
    To prevent non-Sharp-looking Characters or flickering, Characters (any 3D-element in the scene) should be supersampled.
  2. Preload everything option
    Some users have PCs with tons of RAM today and in ten years, nearly everybody will have tons of RAM by todays standards. On top of that, there are already very fast SSDs and there will be even faster, so preloading can be done very fast. You can use both to preload every map in it to kill all loading times. Just add an option in the menu.
  3. HighResShadows
    Pretty self-explenationary, isn´t it? Super-easy to implement, sooo...
    ...implement it!
Well, I hope you agree on these ideas beeing some to let the game shine even more. Therefor, it would be cool to see them in the next updates. But when?
Oh, and I´m sure others might have good ideas as well. Drop them here, so InXile knows about easy ways to improve the game!

Serjo
Scholar

Re: So, when to expect some technical improvements?

Post by Serjo » July 7th, 2017, 4:51 pm

I don't expect any further additions to the game.

Maybe a final patch to fix the remaining problems, especially in the Lazaret. But they stopped patching WL2:DC even though it still has a couple of really annoying bugs, especially on consoles. I'm not optimistic.

jsaving
Initiate

Post by jsaving » July 7th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Sales for TToN barely budged after the recent new-content patch and the even-more-recent half-off sale on Steam. If those things couldn't sell many copies of the game, it's hard to see inXile spending time on less visible game improvements (though your ideas are good and it would be great if they did get added).

RadonGOG
Scholar

Post by RadonGOG » July 7th, 2017, 10:59 pm

Well, as stated these are rather trivial fine tunings. Espacially because they don´t require any input from artists, any in-house discussions or so. #2 might be the most trickiest one, depending on how InXile implemented their loading algorithms at all.

Anyways, even if InXile cannot afford putting that efford in the game, they should ask Obsidian. PillE and Tyranny could use these tweaks as well and these should be easy to port over...

RadonGOG
Scholar

Post by RadonGOG » July 19th, 2017, 6:12 am

Well, although this thread has been on top of the board for ten sequential days there still wasn´t any answer from InXile... :(

Serjo
Scholar

Post by Serjo » July 19th, 2017, 6:38 am

I suspect the Torment project has reached the end-of-life stage.