Backer Input

One week "Ask A Dev" event. Closed to new threads.
Nosreteparod
Initiate

Backer Input

Post by Nosreteparod » December 17th, 2012, 9:30 pm

In regards to the 1000$+ tiers, how much input from the backers are you planning on implementing?

RangerKeenan
Developer

Re: Backer Input

Post by RangerKeenan » December 18th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Hi Nosreteparod,

For the $1000 tier, we are putting an NPC in the world with the name that the backer wants. We will also work (within the limitations of our character system) to put a general likeness together if they so desire. By general likeness, I mean, hair color, skin color and body type.

We've actually used many backer names so far as major characters. Originally, we weren't sure that the names would fit the world very well so we imagined them being more random NPCs in the world that had small parts. For the major characters, we will contact the backer to find out if they are ok foregoing the likeness to have their name in a major character.
Chris Keenan
VP of Development
@RangerKeenan

Roachy
Novice

Post by Roachy » December 18th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Hi Dark Twinkie,

Thank you for clarification, one small thing I would like to add, if one were to opt for a major character would you be able to choose from a set of major characters so you can pick one to match your gender, ethnicity and hair colour?

Sharkey
Acolyte

Post by Sharkey » December 18th, 2012, 1:46 pm

That's really cool you guys are using backer names for major characters, I would definitely consider that an honor versus a random NPC! :D

Vault_13
Scholar

Post by Vault_13 » December 20th, 2012, 6:06 am

And what about those cases when players choose to name a location instead? Is there any chance you will listen to their suggestions of what this location might be?

Ratboy
Acolyte

Post by Ratboy » May 3rd, 2013, 10:11 am

I'm interested to see if facial hair will be an option as well. General likeness seems pretty generic.