NPC's making a return in Wasteland 2

One week "Ask A Dev" event. Closed to new threads.
Ronin73
Master

NPC's making a return in Wasteland 2

Post by Ronin73 » December 15th, 2012, 2:14 pm

Those of us that played the first game are curious as to who will be making an appearance in WL2. From the information pieced together so far it looks as if Faran Brygo and Bobby will be returning (you can confirm or deny this if you wish :) ) ,but I am going throw out the names of other NPC's and a couple of canon related questions as well. Just a simple yes or no answer will be fine, no need for it to be too spoilerish :)

Max?
Charmaine?
Hire-able NPC's: Ace, Christina, Vax, etc ?
Fat Freddy: Alive or Dead?
Ugly John: Alive or Dead?
The biggest failure in the recent past is this assumption that the audience is not smart.Too much effort is being spent making it dummy proof..all the clues are being held right in front of their nose.The exploration and journey is the reward

Brian Fargo

RangerKeenan
Developer

Re: NPC's making a return in Wasteland 2

Post by RangerKeenan » December 20th, 2012, 11:08 am

There will be a few cameos but I can't go into which ones. We did say Bobby will be back but you guys don't want me to reveal which other ones...or maybe you do. It's like opening up an early Christmas present and you're excited, but when Christmas comes, you kinda wish you'd have waited. Or is that just me...
Chris Keenan
VP of Development
@RangerKeenan

Arcanix
Master

Post by Arcanix » December 20th, 2012, 11:12 am

No, give us a straitjacket then have our minds blown like blood sausages on release date.
March 24th, 2014, 4:13 am
Drool wrote:WL2 being turn-based is bad enough.

Ronin73
Master

Post by Ronin73 » December 20th, 2012, 1:14 pm

DarkTwinkie wrote:There will be a few cameos but I can't go into which ones. We did say Bobby will be back but you guys don't want me to reveal which other ones...or maybe you do. It's like opening up an early Christmas present and you're excited, but when Christmas comes, you kinda wish you'd have waited. Or is that just me...
I guess I can go along with that reasoning. I was hoping yes or no answers wouldn't spoil things too much, but I do see where you are coming from.

Thanks for the reply :)
The biggest failure in the recent past is this assumption that the audience is not smart.Too much effort is being spent making it dummy proof..all the clues are being held right in front of their nose.The exploration and journey is the reward

Brian Fargo

Son of Max
Adventurer

Post by Son of Max » December 21st, 2012, 10:29 pm

Don't tell us!

I want the experience to be just like the original: I don't know who's out there and I wanna find 'em on my own. 8-)
25 years and it's finally here...