Unanswered Questions

One week "Ask A Dev" event. Closed to new threads.
SniperHF
Adventurer

Unanswered Questions

Post by SniperHF » December 14th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Since you haven't decided yet, what are some of the arguments internally about using skill buy or not? What are the advantages/disadvantages of such a system as you see it in Wasteland 2.

Thanks,

For reference:
Brother None wrote:Skill buy at character creation. Still not 100% decided. There are good arguments on both sides. If we decide to go without skill buy, there are systems discussions on thresholds needing to be met for the skill to be moderately functional.

Ronin73
Master

What is the official Wasteland Currency?

Post by Ronin73 » December 14th, 2012, 12:53 pm

The original had a simple "Cash" currency. Will we be seeing something similar again or does inXile have something else in mind?

Will the Coin Crafting Skill be related in any way to currency?
The biggest failure in the recent past is this assumption that the audience is not smart.Too much effort is being spent making it dummy proof..all the clues are being held right in front of their nose.The exploration and journey is the reward

Brian Fargo

SniperHF
Adventurer

How are you planning on creating the sounds of Wasteland 2?

Post by SniperHF » December 14th, 2012, 12:55 pm

How is InXile (or contract team) creating the sounds of the Wasteland gameworld such as ambient noises, gunfire, explosions and the like?
Will you release some samples of it before release?

Thanks,

Lucius
Master

what types of cosmetic customizations?

Post by Lucius » December 14th, 2012, 1:24 pm

Using XCOM:EU as an example, it was really easy to tell who my sniper was by his green armor; medic by her pink gear and so on. In a top down perspective, this made it very easy to differentiate characters on the battlefield with a quick glance.

What types of cosmetic customization can we expect for our Ranger party? Armor coloring? Hair colors and styles? What about less noticeable things like faces, piercings, tattoos?

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Concerning the Desert Rangers leadership

Post by CaptainPatch » December 14th, 2012, 4:52 pm

1) Does the Desert Rangers constitute the Government of Ranger Center?
2) Does HQ want to simply help Governments reestablish the Rule of Law, or does HQ desire to become THE Government of the Wasteland?
3) What would HQ do if it encounters a reemerging USA that claims legitimacy as _the_ rightful USA? Fight it? Join it? Ignore it? Compete with it?
4) Is HQ at all concerned about what impression its designated representatives leaves with newly contacted communities?
5) Will there be _any_ negative consequences to Ranger Parties that behave like bandit raiders? (Murder, theft, destruction of private property, rape, etc.)
6) How binding are any agreements made between DS representatives (e.g., the Ranger party) and any other individuals, groups, communities, or budding nations?
7) What DID the Engineers do to the original prisoners at the commandeered prison? Force them out at gunpoint, or just allowed them to "escape" by their own choice? Did any prisoners refuse to leave, and what became of them?
8) Is Ranger Center-the-nation an X by Y region, or a polka dots of localities under Desert Ranger control?
"If you don't know what is worth dying for, Life isn't worth living."

"Choose wisely."

snakeoil
Adventurer

how much % kickstarter money did you use already?

Post by snakeoil » December 14th, 2012, 6:24 pm

And will wasteland be made only by kickstarter money?

i_ramiz
Initiate

Player income

Post by i_ramiz » December 15th, 2012, 4:36 am

What is the main source of player's wealth? Like:
-Selling the loot
-Payments for completed quests
-Selling crafted items
-May be some kind of business
-Etc

And related question - how player can obtain best equipment? Primarily from looting, or player must buy it or craft?

sparkee666
Adventurer

Old Wasteland

Post by sparkee666 » December 15th, 2012, 7:32 am

-Will the Old wasteland game be included with Wasteland 2, or will it be a seperate download?

-Will it be updated for current OSs or will you need to get a hold of an emulator still?

-Are there ideas from the old Wasteland, selved or not, that will apear in Wasteland 2?

under_dog
Explorer

Secede the Rangers HQ

Post by under_dog » December 15th, 2012, 7:38 am

I'm not asking about it plot-wise, but as a game mechanic, as in :

If I decide for some reason that the Rangers way is not my party's way, does it mean auto - game over?
If I bend the Rangers rules too much can I be expelled and have to get things done without the HQ's support?

In other words, is the game "Ranger centric" and there simply is no point playing it not being a Ranger, or is it more "Party centric" and whatever the story throws at you, you have to get things done anyway you see fit ?

To illustrate this i will point :
Fallout 1, where the game would be "vault 13 centric" in that even if the main goal is dealing with the Master, you just can't let your fellow vault dwellers die.
Fallout NV, where the game wants you to decide the fate of New Vegas and starts you off on Mr Houseside, but in the end lets you decide to deal with the situation as you see fit, and there is no game over for choosing either or any faction over the other.making the game what i would call "character centric"

Arcanix
Master

Traits & Perks.

Post by Arcanix » December 15th, 2012, 8:42 am

Are there any traits & perks in the game? Or any traits & perks like mechanic?
March 24th, 2014, 4:13 am
Drool wrote:WL2 being turn-based is bad enough.

McDougle
Adventurer

Cross-Modding with Project Eternity

Post by McDougle » December 15th, 2012, 5:58 pm

WL2 & PE will both be developed on Unity 4. Both will have mod tools.

How likely is it that we will be able to "cross-over" game assets like characters, portraits, (weapons, armor and props ?) from WL2 to PE and vice versa?

More indepth question:
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.c ... f=7&t=2857
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)

Grave
Scholar
Location: At Scott's Bar, waiting for this radiation cloud to blow past...

How Autonomous are Hired NPCs Going to Be?

Post by Grave » December 15th, 2012, 7:00 pm

How autonomous are hired NPCs going to be?

- Will they simply "refuse to trade" items and choose their rate of fire, like in the original?
- Will they have the ability voice their opinions on key decisions we make throughout the game?
- If they have a programmed moral code, is there a possibility they can walk out on our party, or turn hostile?

Thanks for taking the time to review and answer our questions!
"One thing about the desert: anything goes. It's just one big lawless sandbox. Do anything you want, but just don't get yourself killed. That tends to shorten your life span incredibly. Good luck, and may your Uzi never jam."

sparkee666
Adventurer

Range of emotion the music will cover

Post by sparkee666 » December 16th, 2012, 1:53 pm

We have heard music which was dangerous, dark, and depressing how wide a range of background and theme music will we be listening to?

Will the music be lighter when traveling, or exploring non dangerous towns?

Will there be a transition between calmer less dangerous moments and exciting suspensful moments in the game's audio tracks? or is the music going to be a single encompasing track that will cover the whole gamut of situations and emotions in the game?

Ohminageeshi
Initiate

system requirements

Post by Ohminageeshi » December 16th, 2012, 7:18 pm

Getting a new laptop since old Dell tower :oops: has finally given up the ghost. Wondered what the minimum and max stats you guys would suggest?

reiniat
Scholar

Power Armor dominating late game?

Post by reiniat » December 17th, 2012, 8:23 am

Pretty much self explanatory and it was discussed a lot by the community. PA being obligatory for late game has always felt dull.
Sorry for my ugly english
"We're all gorebags"

Coolicy
Initiate

End Game Weapons

Post by Coolicy » December 17th, 2012, 3:25 pm

Unlike many RPG's I've played where there is only 2-3 gun skill options, WL2 has divided Gun skill into 7 categories (as illustrated in the 20th update). While its been made clear that not all skills have equal usefulness, how has each combat skill been balanced for the end game where enemies get much tougher?

Will there be a more powerful variant of each weapon category to allow players to still be able to utilize their favorite combat skill? Or will players be gradually pushed into using weapons more designed for the end game?

Elthosian
Novice

Are the climbing and swimming skills in the game?

Post by Elthosian » December 17th, 2012, 6:50 pm

Well, I somehow had taken these two skills for granted due to Fargo mentioning the swimming one in his first choice and consequence example, but they're not in the list that was released some weeks ago, are they going to get removed? It would be somewhat disappointing, but I could understand it due to it requiring a lot of extra work in animations and the such, anyways, thanks in advance for reading this, devs! :mrgreen:

Coolicy
Initiate

Cut Content

Post by Coolicy » December 18th, 2012, 2:59 am

What are some examples of content that is cut from the game? Which one(s) was your favorite and was sad to see it cut?

Ronin73
Master

Starting equipment for Rangers

Post by Ronin73 » December 18th, 2012, 12:49 pm

How is this going to be handled? Will we just be given pistols and canteens, and sent on our way or will we get to pick and choose a little?
The biggest failure in the recent past is this assumption that the audience is not smart.Too much effort is being spent making it dummy proof..all the clues are being held right in front of their nose.The exploration and journey is the reward

Brian Fargo

McDougle
Adventurer

Disbanding party members

Post by McDougle » December 18th, 2012, 12:51 pm

As a stealth player I love the disbanding feature.

Is there a time and/or space limit to disbanding?

Can I leave my talented but asshole CyborgMechanic "Bob the fascist" out of "HippieLand" when i need to visit it from time to time?

Will "Kid Stealth" be able to finish a mission on his own, sneaking through the whole level alone and finishing the boss undetected with a trap?
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)