Who are the Developers

One week "Ask A Dev" event. Closed to new threads.
Sxerks
Global Moderator

Who are the Developers

Post by Sxerks » December 14th, 2012, 10:35 am

Who are all the developers, both salary and contractual, and what are their main tasks with WL2?

d-Koy
Acolyte

Re: Who are the Developers

Post by d-Koy » December 20th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Sxerks wrote:salary and contractual
Well, I can chime in a bit here. To answer your question... both. This is true for a variety of disciplines here, and the tasks within WL2 are pretty typical for this sort of situation. Folks that are in-house tend to work on more of the coordination sensitive stuff, while contracted folks tends to get a task and then work toward that implementation.

Of course, as a contracted person becomes more and more familiar with our pipeline and goals, they tend to get more involved in complex initiatives. We are using some pretty good coordination tools, getting away from email heavy communication, and it's been a pretty smooth operation. I personally work remotely a few days a week, and these tools have afforded me the opportunity to not feel like I am missing out on the daily forward progression... I have to imagine it's the same for our contractors.

And with the launch of our Wasteland Asset Store Experiment, even more people are getting involved in the production. So far, so great.
dKoy vanOteghem
enviroArtist
inXile entertainment

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Re: Who are the Developers

Post by Woolfe » December 20th, 2012, 5:02 pm

From a professional point of view, can I ask what the coordination tools are.
It's not too late. Make it Eight!