Radiation Station (WIP)

The place to ask detailed technicaly questions about the crowdsourced assets experiment, and to post and discuss WIPs if you so desire.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

bastardrodent
Initiate

Radiation Station (WIP)

Post by bastardrodent » May 22nd, 2013, 9:29 am

I have been working on this suit, with an improvised "portable" air purifier. I thought would be funny to have a totally inefficient and bulky system that in the end it would just left hanging in a closet gathering dust.

I am having some trouble with the normal map and textures looking bad (especially the hose), and the specular lighting looking weird. Any suggestions?

skywalger
Novice

Re: Radiation Station (WIP)

Post by skywalger » May 22nd, 2013, 10:18 am

bastardrodent wrote:I am having some trouble with the normal map and textures looking bad (especially the hose), and the specular lighting looking weird. Any suggestions?
Check your texture and material settings in unity. Material should use shader Bumped Specular. In normal map, make sure that the "texture type" is normal map and make sure that "create from greyscale" is unchecked. Specular texture should be in alpha channel of your diffuse texture. Specular map should be then loaded automatically. I hope this helps :) Or it could be that the normal map is just too strong,...you can try to fix it by making it softer.

Its looking nice though, this reminds me of old diving suits :D