Watchtower

The place to ask detailed technicaly questions about the crowdsourced assets experiment, and to post and discuss WIPs if you so desire.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Xarek
Initiate

Watchtower

Post by Xarek » April 24th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Thought I'd go a bit off-spec with this one! A UH-60 Blackhawk Watchtower :D Still might do some more work on it, add some more supports and work on the texture more.

http://i.imgur.com/o9bAopA.png

Sinnorfin
Acolyte

Re: Watchtower

Post by Sinnorfin » April 24th, 2013, 1:12 pm

This is a super idea with super execution, really atmospheric with that chair up there, the cut tail, the overhang , this is golden:)
Best asset, i really hope it will be in there:)

I think you really need to support it a bit more however as it is highly unbelievable in terms of stability.. Maybe wedge it among some huge rocks or have it supported by a massive treetrunk, like it was crashed there and was just slightly repositioned..

But to think of it, you may have been right to leave this thing to the mapbuilders..As they can use ready made assets for this.

Grats:)

Xarek
Initiate

Post by Xarek » April 25th, 2013, 5:15 am

Thanks. Definitely agree it needs more support in some way, I was going to just stick some more poles in, but I'm sure I can think of something more creative.

I want to get started on a new model before the deadline though, so might just leave it as is.

McDougle
Adventurer

Post by McDougle » April 25th, 2013, 11:52 am

AWESOME!

YES for real creativity!

Props, mate, we need more such ideas. :D
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)

Xarek
Initiate

Post by Xarek » April 25th, 2013, 12:38 pm

McDougle wrote:AWESOME!

YES for real creativity!

Props, mate, we need more such ideas. :D
Haha, thanks :D I hate the time it takes between getting the idea in your head out into reality. The first 5 hours are fun, you're fuelled on the idea - the next 10 hours, you just start to hate it!