Excavator

The place to ask detailed technicaly questions about the crowdsourced assets experiment, and to post and discuss WIPs if you so desire.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

shivan
Acolyte

Re: Excavator

Post by shivan » April 5th, 2013, 12:49 am

Hey, thanks, the back part is actually supposed to look like some kind of plastic :). Your advice on the shovel is right too, it should look more sturdy, but I want to first have it all textured (especially the details I wanna add via normal map) and afterwards decide if I'm gonna make it more thick by modifying the geometry (Yes, I know, alternating between changing the geometry and the texture is not really professional, but thankfully neither am I :) )

Prime8brain
Novice

Post by Prime8brain » April 9th, 2013, 5:16 pm

shivan wrote:Hey, thanks, the back part is actually supposed to look like some kind of plastic :). Your advice on the shovel is right too, it should look more sturdy, but I want to first have it all textured (especially the details I wanna add via normal map) and afterwards decide if I'm gonna make it more thick by modifying the geometry (Yes, I know, alternating between changing the geometry and the texture is not really professional, but thankfully neither am I :) )
I'm neither professional, but I would try to avoid that situation anyway. Depending on the changes you make to the geometry your whole UV layout can change and you have to retexture the whole thing. Who wants to do that? :D

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » April 22nd, 2013, 4:51 pm

nice work :) , except the textures