All your props are belong to us.

The place to ask detailed technicaly questions about the crowdsourced assets experiment, and to post and discuss WIPs if you so desire.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

sparkee666
Adventurer

Re: All your props are belong to us.

Post by sparkee666 » February 21st, 2013, 6:42 pm

I've seen more than a couple of assets being offered for free by the community. Considering the amount of time and effort they take to create these assets I think it's really cool for all of these 3d developers to dedicate their energy to this project and not expect anything in return.

cw8
Scholar

Post by cw8 » February 21st, 2013, 9:09 pm

sparkee666 wrote:I've seen more than a couple of assets being offered for free by the community. Considering the amount of time and effort they take to create these assets I think it's really cool for all of these 3d developers to dedicate their energy to this project and not expect anything in return.
Wanted to give it to Inxile for free, but have no interest yet for putting it free for the general public. Doesn't seem to have that option yet, so I just put the cheapest price.

Prime8brain
Novice

Post by Prime8brain » February 22nd, 2013, 2:01 am

cw8 wrote:
sparkee666 wrote:I've seen more than a couple of assets being offered for free by the community. Considering the amount of time and effort they take to create these assets I think it's really cool for all of these 3d developers to dedicate their energy to this project and not expect anything in return.
Wanted to give it to Inxile for free, but have no interest yet for putting it free for the general public. Doesn't seem to have that option yet, so I just put the cheapest price.
I was quite troubled picking a price, since I'm just interested to make the stuff for Wasteland 2. I actually decided to pick a pretty high price, not sure if this will work out in the end, maybe too expensive for InXile to buy it now as well :lol:

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » February 22nd, 2013, 9:16 am

It really is best to follow the pricing Unity suggests in their asset submission guidelines.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

sparkee666
Adventurer

Post by sparkee666 » February 22nd, 2013, 12:32 pm

Just a friendly tip of the hat to all the 3d guys :P

This project has taken the crowdsourcing concept and has taken it to the next level ,more than any other project.

Wish I could contribute like this. :)