Ask inXile Thread & About This Forum

The place to ask detailed technicaly questions about the crowdsourced assets experiment, and to post and discuss WIPs if you so desire.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

d-Koy
Acolyte

Re: Ask inXile Thread & About This Forum

Post by d-Koy » January 29th, 2013, 12:44 pm

skywalger wrote:Hey,...I wanna ask InXIle if they could let us know when they are finished with batch 2 so I know if there is some problem with my asset or not ....pending review for 1 month now and no e-mail so far...Thx :-)
We are almost done with batch two and will be sending out emails shortly. If you are suspiciously worried about us receiving your prop, feel free to give me the name of the package and I can tell you if we have received it and reviewed it.

Thanks,
dKoy vanOteghem
enviroArtist
inXile entertainment

Boredom
Novice

Post by Boredom » February 5th, 2013, 7:38 am

Hey there, I just wanted to ask if it was acceptable to touch up the accepted models a bit before resubmitting them. There are a few things I feel like I could tweak without really changing the model too significantly.

I'm guessing no, but I figure it never hurts to ask. :]

cw8
Scholar

Post by cw8 » February 6th, 2013, 1:30 am

Boredom wrote:Hey there, I just wanted to ask if it was acceptable to touch up the accepted models a bit before resubmitting them. There are a few things I feel like I could tweak without really changing the model too significantly.

Yes you can, I did so for my batch 1 asset. I emailed Koy and he said it's fine as long as the changes aren't too radical.

Boredom
Novice

Post by Boredom » February 6th, 2013, 2:52 am

cw8 wrote:
Boredom wrote:Hey there, I just wanted to ask if it was acceptable to touch up the accepted models a bit before resubmitting them. There are a few things I feel like I could tweak without really changing the model too significantly.

Yes you can, I did so for my batch 1 asset. I emailed Koy and he said it's fine as long as the changes aren't too radical.

Great, thanks for the help. :]

zelmund
Initiate

Post by zelmund » February 7th, 2013, 10:47 am

Hello dear inXile!
Tell me please, when you will finish Batch 2 ? Because i submited my little work a month ago and still im on Pending Review. Bit worry about it... maybe somewhere was an error and it bugged or so...

skywalger
Novice

Post by skywalger » February 10th, 2013, 2:03 pm

I want next batch!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

d-Koy
Acolyte

Post by d-Koy » February 12th, 2013, 8:45 pm

It's really no big deal, if we see a major shift in the work and we dont like what we see, we will let you know. But generally speaking, improvements are welcome :)
dKoy vanOteghem
enviroArtist
inXile entertainment

d-Koy
Acolyte

Post by d-Koy » February 12th, 2013, 8:47 pm

zelmund wrote:Hello dear inXile!
Tell me please, when you will finish Batch 2 ? Because i submited my little work a month ago and still im on Pending Review. Bit worry about it... maybe somewhere was an error and it bugged or so...
I hope this was resolved... if not, please let me know. FYI... If it was submitted after the deadline, it might be a little late for review.
dKoy vanOteghem
enviroArtist
inXile entertainment

d-Koy
Acolyte

Post by d-Koy » February 12th, 2013, 8:50 pm

skywalger wrote:I want next batch!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD
Fear not, we are working on it! Getting the demo together (which I sincerely hope you all enjoyed) set us back a little bit on the asset store lists and concepts. we have started getting together Batch 4 listings. This batch will be a return to some fairly regular props, for those of you that were scared off by the drones :(
dKoy vanOteghem
enviroArtist
inXile entertainment

zelmund
Initiate

Post by zelmund » February 17th, 2013, 2:51 am

d-Koy wrote:
zelmund wrote:Hello dear inXile!
I hope this was resolved... if not, please let me know. FYI... If it was submitted after the deadline, it might be a little late for review.

Hello, d-Koy. Its still pending review there. But as you told, may be it was late submition, after deadline, but i dont remember now, it was more then month ago.
But how to cancel it now? and can i just put it on asset store without "hold for inXile entertainment"?

Prime8brain
Novice

Post by Prime8brain » February 18th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Some thoughts on the timing of batch release and the "deadline"...

It would be nice if the deadlines for current batches would be extended or make a 2nd round if the next batch is not released soon.
For example with batch 3 we had roughly 1.5 weeks between release and deadline and now we are 3 weeks behind the deadline. Right now probably most people are not starting to work on another batch 3 model and wait for batch 4.

Hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say :D

Cheers

d-Koy
Acolyte

Post by d-Koy » February 18th, 2013, 4:22 pm

Prime8brain wrote:Some thoughts on the timing of batch release and the "deadline"...

It would be nice if the deadlines for current batches would be extended or make a 2nd round if the next batch is not released soon.
For example with batch 3 we had roughly 1.5 weeks between release and deadline and now we are 3 weeks behind the deadline. Right now probably most people are not starting to work on another batch 3 model and wait for batch 4.

Hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say :D

Cheers
I do know what you mean, and I wish i had more control over all the forces at play here ;)
We are trying to post our next batch, but our concepts are a little behind schedule because the same person (Phill) was also working on the UI for the video. Once he has all his thumbnails wrapped up, we will post.

If anyone wants to crank out an old asset request, the deadline is not a showstopper. We just don't want to encourage people to be working on them indefinitely.
dKoy vanOteghem
enviroArtist
inXile entertainment

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » February 18th, 2013, 8:46 pm

d-Koy wrote:If anyone wants to crank out an old asset request, the deadline is not a showstopper. We just don't want to encourage people to be working on them indefinitely.
Well... Mardi Gras is over for this year, and I now have the option to get back into model making; [Mardi Gras is a seasonal business for me that puts everything on the back burner].

I plan to submit what I originally started on ~now that I can resume where I left off. I hope to have a few uploaded in the next week or so.

GunslingerStudio
Novice

Post by GunslingerStudio » February 19th, 2013, 12:54 pm

If anyone wants to crank out an old asset request, the deadline is not a showstopper. We just don't want to encourage people to be working on them indefinitely.
I'm working on a big van right now.

I think it would be nice if it was more a constant flow of things, like a blog. Posts could be updated when the need is filled. Like: "We don't need more rocks for now" or "Still want one or two more wrecked cars". This is just from my perspective. I am very grateful for this opportunity, so please, do what is best for you. :)

Trappey
Initiate

Post by Trappey » February 26th, 2013, 1:28 pm

Still no new batch?

Getting more than a little tired of refreshing the http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/unity page multiple times each day to disappointment.

Any thoughts to adding a mailing list, or even update that site with an update on next batch eta, maybe some preliminary info on what the next batch will contain (beyond vagaries about a vending machine) so people can make something of a pre-conceptive start perhaps?

You guys did a great job on your first gameplay video; but I can't help but feel like the wave of support that would have come from new content creators in the aftermath, may have been stifled by a confusingly outdated page.

I love what you guys are creating and i love being a part of it, but your silence is deafening, and we may struggle to hear when you ask again.

d-Koy
Acolyte

Post by d-Koy » February 27th, 2013, 7:50 pm

So sorry folks. Yes, a new batch is overdue. Very overdue.

So our concept guy has been ignoring my complaints that he only got through half of the assets I requested.
"Hmmmm, to busy for you Koy."
I get that a lot.

So, in an effort to move this along, I am going to push a mini batch with some old friends tagging along. I'll try and get it up and running this week. Thank you for your patience.
dKoy vanOteghem
enviroArtist
inXile entertainment

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » February 28th, 2013, 2:57 pm

As someone suggested before, maybe a mailing list (mail dispatch) would be useful, something users can simply subscribe, and then get the latest news (new batch up, ..) on their email account.

Prime8brain
Novice

Post by Prime8brain » March 7th, 2013, 5:01 am

Whats going on?
Everyone busy preparing Torment Batch 1 for us to work on? :D

Seriously some update would be great, before the people lose interest, it's getting very quiet here already.

Cheers

Trappey
Initiate

Post by Trappey » March 19th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Koy, I'm calling you out son, go update the sodding Wasteland Unity page.

This experiment seems evidently over.

And if it isn't you've got some explaining to do.

Just go put something official in writing already.

It is that easy.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » March 19th, 2013, 8:34 pm

It has been quiet for a while now, as other things (mostly working on Wasteland 2) took priority. We'll get to it. In the meantime, feel free to blame me.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer