Where is my Physical Copy???

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Klute
Initiate

Where is my Physical Copy???

Post by Klute » September 30th, 2014, 7:25 am

Hey Guys, you've been great and all, so please don't take this as being non-appreciative, but not having my physical copy is one thing, not even having a DUE date is entirely unacceptable. Look at it from my perspective - I could have pledged $20 for what I currently have, two weeks after launch, instead of the $170 that I did. I think it's your response that ".. for reasons squarely in the hands of third-parties.." is total BS - are you suggesting that as a company you entered into an agreement with a third party to distribute your goods without ANY stipulations around when they must do so? Come on - give us some credit - what if this third party decides to just not deliver the goods at all? Are you suggesting that you would have no control over this? I'm sorry, I've been pretty patient, I have too many things going on to have to keep track of this deliverable that I have paid for but never received. I'm going to have to ask for inXile to either set a firm delivery date, or cough up and refund my $170 dollars - I'm not going to sit around on my hands waiting for this. I'll CC this post on the forums, but to I'm looking for a firm date for goods to be delivered, or my money back. Simple stuff.
:D :arrow: :) :arrow: :( :arrow: :cry: :arrow: :evil:

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Where is my Physical Copy???

Post by Drool » September 30th, 2014, 1:30 pm

Klute wrote:not even having a DUE date is entirely unacceptable
inXile can't give you what they don't have. They will inform us as soon as they know. Nobody is happy about this situation.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Risuli
Initiate

Post by Risuli » October 1st, 2014, 11:39 am

Drool, you stated "inXile can't give you what they don't have". While they apparently don't have the physical copies to distribute, I agree with Klute that not having a due date IS inexcusable and should be something that inXile has knowledge of. So, inXile DOES HAVE SOMETHING it's backers want and that is distribution information.

I too am expecting a physical copy from my Kickstarter backing and have been have been patient about the long delay through development, but the fact that the game has been released, physical copies are being sold, and yet we hear nothing about when to expect our pre-paid physical copies IS unreasonable. inXile has been paid by its backers. inXile made a distribution deal with Deep Silver and I am sure got paid again. SO.... what terms did inXile set for backer distribution of the physical copies? Either inXile knows and is not saying, or they have been negligent in not setting out the distribution terms for backers in the agreement.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 1st, 2014, 9:22 pm

Copy-pasting from our recent Kickstarter update for posterity:

While everyone can and hopefully is playing Wasteland 2 now with their Steam or GOG.com keys from the Ranger Center, we've been awaiting timelines from Deep Silver on physical shipping. Because they assembled different elements from different locations in the world and generally used slower shipping, the timeline of physical goods was much longer than we anticipated. As it is looking now, our timeline will be:

- The first batch of physical goods will be standard boxes only, shipped on the 3rd week of this month. These will go out to backers receiving only the standard box.
- Batches of physical goods including the metal Collector's Edition box will ship next and we'll announce a more precise time as soon as we have it.

Deep Silver will ship them with general post shipping (without tracking). We will keep you informed as we get more info on the specific batches shipping out.

We apologize this process took longer than we'd planned or hoped for at the outset. Unfortunately, things outside of our control made it take longer than anticipated. We will do our utmost to ensure you get your physical goods as soon as is possible and in good order.

Krail Kharn
Initiate

Post by Krail Kharn » November 18th, 2014, 2:09 pm

When did the international shipping price change from $15 to $20?!

I have been waiting for months for my box and repeatedly been logging back in after getting the email asking me to confirm my address and now have noticed a single line in the red box mention $20 when the Donation Reward box still says its $15?!

I am now wondering if I am ever likely to see the box as I need to move address next week and the address has been locked since August.

Ghaa!!!!

Rant over and message sent to the contact link...

Out of curiosity when was notice sent out about the international shipping costs change?

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » November 18th, 2014, 2:15 pm

If you paid your shipping cost at $15 you're fine. The $20 price bump was for either late backers or people who did not pay it on time and thus our organizational overhead increases. But it only applies to those people. Contact us on the Ranger Center if you want to verify that you're set.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Krail Kharn
Initiate

Post by Krail Kharn » November 18th, 2014, 3:11 pm

I just noticed the updated news on the collectors edition goodies. so I guess I haven't missed out so far... If I don't need to add more shipping that is great because it insisted on adding a further $20 on the pay pal page as I couldn't edit the amount. This may need explaining better on the donation management site as it it's very confusing and seemed to imply it was my fault the physical goods had not being sent out as I had not updated my international shipping additional pledge...

My message to the support team did include my new address details so hopefully the details are updated and I wont need to do anything else.

Cheers for the reply!