where to buy physical box?

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
MysteriousStranger
Initiate

where to buy physical box?

Post by MysteriousStranger » September 22nd, 2014, 8:44 pm

Hello,

I was going to wait until release day to get the physical box, but it appears to not be listed anymore for purchase on the inXile store page, only downloadable versions, which I do not want. I'd rather have the disk.

I tried emailing inXile directly through their support, but never received a response at possibly ordering a physical box version by request.

EDIT:

First, thank you for the responses from inXile. I had to search for it on European sites, no big deal, I often buy stuff from the UK and have it shipped to the US.

For those that may read this post and are looking for a DVD hardcopy, either regular edition or the special Ranger Edition (Collector's Edition), here is what I found:

Amazon.com (US) - Wasteland 2 Regular Edition DVD - $39.99 + Shipping - In Stock

Amazon.co.uk (UK) - Wasteland 2 Regular Edition DVD - £21.85 (or $35.32 US) + Shipping - In Stock

Amazon.co.uk (UK) - Wasteland 2 Ranger Edition DVD - £59.99 (or $96.98 US) + Shipping Only 2 left in stock as of 10/8/14

Game.co.uk (UK) - Wasteland 2 Regular Edition DVD - £29.99 (or $48.48 US) + Shipping - In Stock (Ranger Edition not yet in stock)

Gameseek.co.uk (UK) - Wasteland 2 Regular Edition DVD - £20.85 (or $33.58 US) - In Stock

Gameseek.co.uk (UK) - Wasteland 2 Ranger Edition DVD - £29.79 (or $47.98 US) + Shipping (Was in stock, but now temporarily out as of 10/8/14)
Last edited by MysteriousStranger on October 8th, 2014, 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: where to buy physical box?

Post by Drool » September 22nd, 2014, 9:37 pm

As far as I know, the physical boxes haven't been finished yet. Whenever Deep Silver finishes them, they'll be shipped. If they're going to have physical retail, I would assume you'll be able to buy it wherever you buy other computer games.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

MysteriousStranger
Initiate

Post by MysteriousStranger » September 23rd, 2014, 3:45 pm

I had to do a search for Deep Silver, never heard of that.

Is this it? Has there been any estimated time frame from inXile when these will be purchasable? http://www.deepsilver.com/us/game-view/ ... eland-2-1/

EDIT:

I checked on Amazon as well http://www.amazon.com/Wasteland-2-PC/dp ... asteland+2 , which has a release date of September 30th, however it does not say if it is in the "Ranger Edition" as listed on the Deep Silver site.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » September 23rd, 2014, 4:45 pm

I'm afraid we can't really answer this. We're aware Deep Silver is not releasing in all territories simultaneously, but you'll have to get word from them on what the exact plan is, or perhaps try contacting a retailer like Amazon.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 24th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Buying a boxed retail copy online may be your best bet.

Qoojo
Novice

Post by Qoojo » September 30th, 2014, 9:06 am

Amazon does not have any in stock the physical release day of the 30th.

Qoojo
Novice

Post by Qoojo » October 2nd, 2014, 3:59 pm

Amazon has them in stock now for US. Mine arrives on Monday.

MysteriousStranger
Initiate

Post by MysteriousStranger » October 8th, 2014, 3:46 pm

The regular edition is on Amazon US.

However, the Ranger Edition (collector's edition) is only sold in Europe, which I found out. I am searching like mad all over UK gaming sites to find one.

Amazon.co.uk have a couple, but are extremely expensive. Game.co.uk say they are out of stock right now. What other game sites in the UK can I check?

EDIT:

Best deal I have found for Ranger Edition is gameseek.co.uk, and they are currently in stock. Total purchase price for conversation rate comes to a total of $56 US w/shipping.

Amazon.co.uk has 2 Ranger Editions in stock as of this writing. However, the price is rather absurd - conversation rate is $100 US w/shipping (insanity)

Game.co.uk has no Ranger Editions in stock as of this writing. Its pricing is as reasonable as gameseek.co.uk (£28.99 = $46.86).

MysteriousStranger
Initiate

Post by MysteriousStranger » November 5th, 2014, 4:16 pm

I just got word that gameseek.co.uk was never able to receive any copies of Wasteland 2 Ranger Edition on DVD, so I had to cancel my order. Several other UK gaming sites still have not received theirs as well. What in the world is going on?

This is disheartening, because it is looking like I will never be able to get the collector's edition of Wasteland 2 and I still haven't even got to play the game yet.

inXile, please tell me, through your Deep Silver contacts, how in the world someone can obtain the boxed Ranger Edition? Has deep silver decided not to stock any overseas stores with it?

Gruftlord
Explorer

Post by Gruftlord » November 9th, 2014, 8:46 am

retailers in germany have boxed copies of WL2 in stores. with Deep Silver being a german publisher i suspect it might be worth a shot to try german amazon.

http://www.amazon.de/Deep-Silver-ECD009 ... asteland+2

http://www.amazon.de/Wasteland-2-Ranger ... asteland+2

MysteriousStranger
Initiate

Post by MysteriousStranger » November 10th, 2014, 9:44 pm

Unfortunately the manual is in German for that edition. Its been 15 years since I last spoke or wrote in German lol.

Mika
Initiate

Post by Mika » November 10th, 2014, 11:46 pm

I'll sell you one. Mint backer box unopened.

Gruftlord
Explorer

Post by Gruftlord » November 12th, 2014, 3:49 pm

well, if you can live wih a digital copy of the manual, one is downloadable from inXile.
sure, if your a collector of physical goods, this may not be for you. but if you want the box primarily to save on bandwidth, it's an option.

oh, and just for the record, the small box, the non ranger edition, does not come with a printed manual at all anyway.