Congratulations to the Web Dev team!

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Fimbul
Initiate

Congratulations to the Web Dev team!

Post by Fimbul » September 19th, 2014, 9:21 am

With the launch, I was expecting to have issues downloading my copy, as well as getting access to my rewards, but I'm pleasantly suprised that there were no issues whatsoever!
  • The ranger center works fine, and continues to perform blazing fast even with the stress of presumably a ton of people accessing it
  • None of my codes were invalid or had problems - I got access to all my rewards as soon as they came out with the click of a button
  • Revoking the steam key and getting a GOG key instead was instant and with no issues - the GOG key worked immediately
  • Whenever I needed to contact inXile through the ranger center, not only was it fast and error-free, the team replied very quickly
  • The forums are quite slow today, but still working fine
  • Zero downtime for the website, blog and ranger center, whenever I needed to access any of those, they were up and running
I know the game will be awesome, and many people will talk about it, but sometimes people forget everyone else who worked to make this a trouble-free process!
I won't forget the people who developed and maintained the site, blog and forums, great work guys!

sear
Developer

Re: Congratulations to the Web Dev team!

Post by sear » September 22nd, 2014, 7:27 am

Thanks! You have Joby Bednar to thank for that, who is one of our best designers/scripters but also isn't half-bad at web development either. ;)

Things did go surprisingly well over launch. A few issues here and there with some users and unfortunately some stuff we are still waiting to resolve, but on the whole the success rate appears to have been about as good as possible. Thanks for the kind words and hopefully we can continue our streak with Torment.

pseudonymous
Scholar

Post by pseudonymous » September 23rd, 2014, 9:43 am

Please tell me they're in the process of changing the default phpBB theme in the subforums.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » September 23rd, 2014, 10:21 am

pseudonymous wrote:Please tell me they're in the process of changing the default phpBB theme in the subforums.
We are.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Wile
Adventurer

Post by Wile » September 23rd, 2014, 10:28 am

This is most certainly weird, other pages have old layout, but this page has something completely different. Is this the new layout for forums? :|

Edit: Or maybe it is just some hiccup in forums software and it loads wrong CSS?
Last edited by Wile on September 23rd, 2014, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » September 23rd, 2014, 10:30 am

Wile wrote:This is most certainly weird, other pages have old layout, but this page has something completely different. Is this the new layout for forums? :|
No, we're just trying this one out. Personally I like the basic layout of this one but it'd need some work to fit our purposes of course.

We may go with a different style per subforum, it's intentional that we're only testing this one on this subforum now.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Talien
Novice

Post by Talien » September 23rd, 2014, 12:41 pm

Will we have an option to change forum skins after all the experimentation is done?

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 23rd, 2014, 12:47 pm

We're still working on it. We'll probably keep this theme and change banners/colors/logos for subforums. :)

Joby
Developer

Post by Joby » September 23rd, 2014, 2:21 pm

Fimbul wrote: I know the game will be awesome, and many people will talk about it, but sometimes people forget everyone else who worked to make this a trouble-free process!
I won't forget the people who developed and maintained the site, blog and forums, great work guys!
Wow, thanks! I really appreciate that. It was a little tricky since I'm also the manager for the scripting team and was working mostly on the game. It was a bit hectic to be finishing the game and needing to create the backer key distribution system. ;) Our newest addition, Jason, is thankfully taking over the online side now. He's already done great things with Torment and solidifying these forums, and I'm excited for where we are heading in the future!
- Joby
inXile's ruthless Leader of Scripters

pseudonymous
Scholar

Post by pseudonymous » September 23rd, 2014, 2:44 pm

This is much better looking, thanks.