Stop Dicking Around Devs

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Re: Stop Dicking Around Devs

Post by Crosmando » April 28th, 2014, 7:25 am

I think it's just people getting antsy because Fargo is hyping the game with every interview or press release, yet the game development seems to be dragging on, yes he's a business man and a good one but it can get grating when we just want to play the finished game and not talk about it. Remember that originally WL2 was going to be a 18 month project, in April of 2012, it's now April of 2014. I am absolutely behind InXile taking the necessary time to complete the game, the game has improved hugely through the beta because of input from players, but I think the development is at the stage now when backer's patience is just about up and they need to name a release date, just for peace-of-mind. cunningandvalor's comments are just a reflection on the impatience we're all feeling, keeping in mind that some people aren't participating in the beta at all, they're waiting for the complete game, so for any big fan that's an very frustrating process to deal with, with the constant hyping and teasing by BF/InXile. It particularly annoyed me for example when the skill list got cut/merged a bit a couple of patches ago, especially Silent Move, it seemed to be the opposite of what Inxile were saying about expanding the scope of the game, at the same time they put a Fallout Tactics feature (crouching) into WL2 they cut and merged some skills (and skills being the defining thing about Wasteland 1), which made me think the game might be going in the wrong direction.

I'm not advocating the game's release be rushed or anything though.

EDIT: And there's also the issue that many WL2 backers are also Torment backers.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Arcanix
Master

Post by Arcanix » April 28th, 2014, 10:05 am

Tets wrote:Isnt a new beta build with release notes and ~monthly updates and ranger corners, twitter messages, etc. enough information?
Apparently not.
Crosmando wrote: Remember that originally WL2 was going to be a 18 month project, in April of 2012, it's now April of 2014. I am absolutely behind InXile taking the necessary time to complete the game, the game has improved hugely through the beta because of input from players, but I think the development is at the stage now when backer's patience is just about up and they need to name a release date, just for peace-of-mind. cunningandvalor's comments are just a reflection on the impatience we're all feeling,
Yes, this is true and i agree with you. Peace-of-mind equates peace in the development process. What i personally try to do is giving the devs as many ideas as i can, so they can focus on fleshing out features and content while polishing the game. The time consuming part of game production is the creative process. IF you want something legendary that is. Some devs are money whores.

I know people dont want to do this because they feel they are not paid to do it, which is a fair point. But if they dont care enough for the end product other than "gimmie what i want when i want it" they should atleast be greatful that there are others that do try to make the game better without being paid. Thus enhancing those peoples experiences once they do get to play the game.

If you are thinking "dude what makes you think they want or need your ideas", to you i say: Stfu GTFO.
March 24th, 2014, 4:13 am
Drool wrote:WL2 being turn-based is bad enough.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » April 29th, 2014, 9:00 pm

Arcanix wrote: Personally i would like to know about the random encounters and if any suggestions are being concidered.
Can't comment on this specifically, but I will say that as much feedback as possible is recorded, indexed, and reviewed by the required team member(s). Just because something isn't publicly commented on doesn't mean it hasn't been considered or discussed internally, nor does it mean no work is being done.

Part of Thomas' and my own jobs is to gather up all the suggestions made on our forums, Kickstarter comments, Steam, and other communities. I think the last beta update makes pretty clear that a lot of fan feedback is taken into account, whether that's more significant changes like opening up most world map locations from the beginning, UI improvements like the barter and dialogue screens, or smaller mechanical tweaks to combat, skills, etc. :)

otherunicorn
Scholar

Post by otherunicorn » May 9th, 2014, 5:53 am

I've been waiting for this since I saw WL2 on the computer IN WL1! Unfortunately, my old WL buddy has died in the meantime, so this whole thing is bittersweet.