Collector's Edition

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Ravagna
Initiate

Collector's Edition

Post by Ravagna » March 6th, 2013, 11:33 am

Hi guys, I have a question about the Collector's Edition version.

How much is going to be the declared value?

I live outside of US and that really matters to me.

Thanks in advance.
Steam ID: ravagna

Brother None
Developer

Re: Collector's Edition

Post by Brother None » March 6th, 2013, 5:37 pm

We don't have a definite number for that yet. We'll value it at its contents so it will be lower than your total pledge, but need to be honest on this too, so we need to do some research on that.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Ravagna
Initiate

Post by Ravagna » March 7th, 2013, 12:53 pm

No problem, thanks for the answer.

I was hoping for it to be lower since the pledge was for the collector's edition plus 2 digital copies.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » March 7th, 2013, 1:02 pm

Ravagna wrote:I was hoping for it to be lower since the pledge was for the collector's edition plus 2 digital copies.
Exactly. We'll subtract the value of digital copies and content from the total pledge value.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

under_dog
Explorer

Post by under_dog » March 7th, 2013, 1:24 pm

technically speaking, couldn't this work out as a gift? after all, as a paypal backer, i think i made a donation and not a payment for something ? i should get back to my account to make sure though

EDIT : Yes it was indeed listed as a donation

KithKanan
Novice

Post by KithKanan » March 7th, 2013, 6:16 pm

under_dog wrote:technically speaking, couldn't this work out as a gift? after all, as a paypal backer, i think i made a donation and not a payment for something ? i should get back to my account to make sure though

EDIT : Yes it was indeed listed as a donation
Still not a gift because you were promised the reward in exchange for your donation. The reward may not be worth the full value of your donation, but it does have value. Sort of like how (in the US at least) the value of any goods/services you get in exchange for a charitable donation reduces the amount donated that you can deduct from your income taxes.

under_dog
Explorer

Post by under_dog » March 8th, 2013, 12:40 pm

Actually, tiers are called rewards. Rewards are either given or offered, and it doesn't have the same meaning as a product or a commodity.

Adding to that, that if the creators fail to fullfill the project and/or decide not to give the reward they promise, there is nothing to do but cry in the corner. So it's not a commercial trade, hence it shouldn't be sent as a product and shouldn't generate custom fees.

Please note that i don't give a damn about paying the custom fees, i'm only discussing how a reward should be treated in my opinion, and i'm yet to read court rules about this particular matter.

KithKanan
Novice

Post by KithKanan » March 8th, 2013, 1:04 pm

under_dog wrote:Adding to that, that if the creators fail to fullfill the project and/or decide not to give the reward they promise, there is nothing to do but cry in the corner. So it's not a commercial trade, hence it shouldn't be sent as a product and shouldn't generate custom fees.
Actually, kickstarter considers reward offers binding in their terms of use so if the project creator took the money and ran, their backers could sue them:
Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don't. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

Ravagna
Initiate

Post by Ravagna » January 13th, 2015, 1:04 pm

I'm just resurrecting this topic to say that my collector's edition arrived today!

I was just lucky, it wasnt even taxed! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vault_13
Scholar

Post by Vault_13 » January 14th, 2015, 12:43 am

Still waiting for my survival edition :).

matthewfarmery
Novice

Post by matthewfarmery » February 2nd, 2015, 4:22 am

my signed collectors edition came today!! I was really worried for a bit on the size of it, as I was thinking it was going to be huge, (something like WOW's collector edition boxes. but really pleasantly surprised by the size.

I haven't unsealed anything, (just the parcel itself) everything seems to be in good condition, is there a list on what the collectors edition includes? as wondering what is inside the light plastic black box? (edit, its the miniature figure) as I don't want to unseal it to find out. but I do like the collectors edition, and will store it in a safe place. and the other boxed copy is there as well.

so just signing in to say that my copies have come.

edit

the standard edition that came with my collectors edition, is that a steam version or DRM free version, if steam is the code in the box or does it require the code from the ranger centre to install? from my ranger centre, I have two keys, one I already used, and a second one, is that for the standard edition that has come too or is that different? as I not opened that either.

thanks in advance

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » February 5th, 2015, 8:03 am

matthewfarmery wrote: the standard edition that came with my collectors edition, is that a steam version or DRM free version, if steam is the code in the box or does it require the code from the ranger centre to install? from my ranger centre, I have two keys, one I already used, and a second one, is that for the standard edition that has come too or is that different? as I not opened that either.
It depends entirely on your rewards. But based on your descriptions, this is likely what you have:
  • 1 Deluxe Steam/GOG Key: Ranger Center
  • 1 Standard Steam/GOG Key: Ranger Center
  • 1 Deluxe Steam Key: Signed Collectors Edition
  • 1 Deluxe Steam Key: Backer Edition
Giving you a total of: 4 copies of the game.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.