inXile is making a server based VR survival game!

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Grohal
Adventurer

Re: inXile is making a server based VR survival game!

Post by Grohal » November 16th, 2017, 3:11 am

Woolfe wrote:
November 15th, 2017, 8:24 pm
I find this interesting.
To each his own. :)
I have a very pragnatic view on this: I hope they make enough money with VR to being able to continue making games that interest me, like Wasteland 2. :mrgreen:
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » November 16th, 2017, 9:43 pm

Grohal wrote:
November 16th, 2017, 3:11 am
Woolfe wrote:
November 15th, 2017, 8:24 pm
I find this interesting.
To each his own. :)
I have a very pragnatic view on this: I hope they make enough money with VR to being able to continue making games that interest me, like Wasteland 2. :mrgreen:
:-)

Fair enough. I kind of think I would like to see them branch out and do something new, that way they stop trying to do new things in the old games. They can keep it closer to the original and play with the technology in the new IP.
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

Lucius
Master

Post by Lucius » November 22nd, 2017, 9:26 pm

Of their options, Wasteland is the perfect fit for a game like this. I don't see it being the Bard's Tale IP, since they just did Mages Tale; though it could be an open world sequel to that. I suppose it could be some kind of Torment open world, but considering their sales were pathetic, if it was my decision, I would stay very far away from that property with something that is going to require some large investment. The other thing, I'm really skeptical of the time frame unless that date is early access, this was started quite awhile ago, or the world is going to be extensively pregenerated.

At any rate, not too interested in this. I don't have VR (not even sure if I am able to use VR) and multiplayer pvp games are not my thing anymore.