Customer Support? Not in my experience.

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
cryocore
Acolyte

Customer Support? Not in my experience.

Post by cryocore » April 5th, 2017, 4:49 pm

3 days ago I emailed the support team about my damaged and sub-par Collectors Edition. The automatic response came in, and since then nothing.

72 hours with no contact is not acceptable.
So how long can I expect to wait for a response?

Twigleaf
Initiate

Re: Customer Support? Not in my experience.

Post by Twigleaf » April 6th, 2017, 11:48 am

I have just been told, that they did not follow procedure. In some cases, they have used La Poste to send out the copies.

They have burnt all bridges they had. The way this backer system has been handled has been a circus, and I would be ashamed to be this company treating people like this.

I still haven't recieved any type of shipping confirmation for a regular edition CE... so it probably has been shipped via La Poste, and will be damaged. InXile has lied to many of us about their backers getting their items. They have not cared one bit how this has been handled.

I honestly feel robbed.
Chiisai Banni Banni no Kawaii Bouken Monogatari !

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » April 6th, 2017, 5:11 pm

Support has been backlogged but we're getting through it, thanks for your concern! Re-ships have not been an issue, we're always happy to oblige and as Eric mentioned in another thread, the requests have been reasonable - currently only about 60 re-ships due to damages or shipments lost, which is good news for everyone. I believe we got to yours now!

As for La Poste, for practical reasons some packages can not be shipped by UPS - eg a backer did not provide their full name, and doesn't respond when we reach out to ask, UPS won't ship without a full name, so we use La Poste. Same for PO Boxes, that UPS does not ship to. It's either use something other than UPS, or don't ship, so that's an easy choice!

When possible we still use tracked shipping, I believe you got your tracking code, Twigleaf. La Poste is a reputable post service, so I have no reason to believe they will handle the package with any less care than UPS would, but if that is the case, again, we're happy to re-ship.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

cryocore
Acolyte

Post by cryocore » April 6th, 2017, 7:51 pm

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.

CS got back to me, and I was very impressed with the resolution and the CS reps professionalism and helpfulness. Here's hoping the reship get here unscathed. a bigger box and packing peanuts/bubble packing would likely completely solve the problem.

So, while I have many issues with inXile's conduct, I can say that your Customer Support is certainly not one of them.

waltc
Scholar

Post by waltc » April 7th, 2017, 2:58 pm

I have no issues with inXile's "conduct"....;) Seriously, is this grammar-school mentality speaking?....;) "Conduct"...? I can barely remember "report cards" but I believe the last grade I got for "conduct" might have been when I was 9 or 10 (talk about feeling ancient!) Bottom line for me is that I backed inXile's product and inXile has delivered 2/3 of my order already--BTIV is the last backed item and I see no reason that it won't also be delivered as per WL2 and Tides.