Question about a late pledge

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Strayth
Initiate

Question about a late pledge

Post by Strayth » April 18th, 2012, 10:00 am

Hi !

I wasn't home and missed the kickstarter time limit.

But I noticed the paypal pledges were still up and running (it was around 1 hour - 2 hours after the Kickstarter was closed).

So I did that, I pledged through paypal, and I've been billed right away.

Is my pledge still valid (I hope so since I already payed) ?

Besides the paypal confirm, I have not received any indication from Inxile, I don't know if it's normal (might be, just want to make sure ! ^^).

Thank you.

Joby
Developer

Re: Question about a late pledge

Post by Joby » April 18th, 2012, 10:34 am

Yeah, no worries. We kept it open a couple hours after, and all PayPal donations will be folded into the mega super awesome system of pledges. We are scrambling around trying to deal with the logistics of 64k donors (across Kickstarter and PayPal), so things are a bit crazy right now, but we will be following up and contacting everyone. We'll also be making some announcements on what to expect in the months to come and how everyone will be able to manage their accounts (shipping info, reward tiers, etc)... so please be patient. We've got ya covered. No worries! :mrgreen:
- Joby
inXile's ruthless Leader of Scripters

Strayth
Initiate

Post by Strayth » April 18th, 2012, 11:23 am

Thanks for the quick reply !

I'm glad I was able to participate in the funding just in time and can't wait to see this Wasteland 2 take shape in the coming months !

See you soon ! n.n

Stryder87
Initiate

Post by Stryder87 » June 11th, 2012, 6:39 pm

I was wondering a little bit about that too. I made a $20 pledge through the Kickstarter web site, then, when they announced the $55 level, I made a Paypal pledge to up my original pledge to the $55 mark to get the International Friendly package. However, I still show on the Kickstarter page as only at the $20 level and the $15 pledge package. I'm hoping that gets updated and I don't lose out on the $55 dollar package!

RangerBen
Global Moderator

Post by RangerBen » July 25th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Stryder87, the newly rolled out Ranger Center - https://rangercenter.inxile-entertainment.com/login - as previously advertised should show all your pledges. If once you log into this system you don't see all your various pledges, contact inXile using the "Contact inXile" page & form after logging into that site.

Kosmonaut
Initiate

Post by Kosmonaut » March 11th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Greetings from another planet, etc. Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I just wanted to know whom I need to contact about a late pledge that I did through PayPal. It's been (more or less) three weeks since I did the pledge and I haven't received the Ranger Radio account details. I got the PayPal confirmation for the transaction, tho.

I tried to contact support using the form in the inXile web page, but I also didn't get any answer. I just want to know if there's an issue with my payment and I should contact Paypal, or I should wait more?

I know that you are pretty swamped with work because the Torment kickstarter, but honestly, I get pretty nervous when I make a payment and then I just get static silence.

Thanks! Sincerely, the Kosmonaut.

~Kosmonaut~

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » March 13th, 2013, 6:34 pm

i pledged at the beginning of february and it took about 2 weeks until i received an email from inXile. Now with the torment kickstarter ... it might take even longer.

zplayer
Initiate

Post by zplayer » July 8th, 2013, 1:37 am

Kosmonaut wrote: Greetings from another planet, etc. Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I just wanted to know whom I need to contact about a late pledge that I did through PayPal. It's been (more or less) three weeks since I did the pledge and I haven't received the Ranger Radio account details. I got the PayPal confirmation for the transaction, tho.

I tried to contact support using the form in the inXile web page, but I also didn't get any answer. I just want to know if there's an issue with my payment and I should contact Paypal, or I should wait more?

I know that you are pretty swamped with work because the Torment kickstarter, but honestly, I get pretty nervous when I make a payment and then I just get static silence.
I'm in the exact same position, I pledged through Paypal on the 15th of June and used the inXile support contact form and as of yet haven't heard a thing. All I want to know is what's happening?

Kosmonaut, did you hear anything back?

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » July 8th, 2013, 2:38 am

zplayer; right now we are several weeks behind on importing PayPal pledges (it's current since the 13th, so we just missed yours). We usually do them on a weekly basis but due to illness and the current high workload of the guy who does them, they've been pushed around a bit. Really sorry for the inconvenience, I'm keeping my fingers crossed to have them done this week.

But that's what's happening and while it is annoying (and again, sorry), you shouldn't be concerned, your PayPal pledge is in that batch and it will get added, it's just a question of when.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Grohal
Adventurer

Post by Grohal » July 8th, 2013, 3:54 am

Haha, I pledged via PayPal April 2012 (yes 2012) and still got no message. I just trust everything will work out well. :mrgreen:
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » July 8th, 2013, 4:30 am

Grohal wrote:Haha, I pledged via PayPal April 2012 (yes 2012) and still got no message. I just trust everything will work out well. :mrgreen:
Messages can get lost, but be sure to check on https://rangercenter.inxile-entertainment.com/, with an account with your PayPal email, to see if your pledge shows up there.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

zplayer
Initiate

Post by zplayer » July 8th, 2013, 6:08 am

Brother None wrote:zplayer; right now we are several weeks behind on importing PayPal pledges (it's current since the 13th, so we just missed yours). We usually do them on a weekly basis but due to illness and the current high workload of the guy who does them, they've been pushed around a bit. Really sorry for the inconvenience, I'm keeping my fingers crossed to have them done this week.

But that's what's happening and while it is annoying (and again, sorry), you shouldn't be concerned, your PayPal pledge is in that batch and it will get added, it's just a question of when.
Thanks for the update - just happy to hear something back :)

Grohal
Adventurer

Post by Grohal » July 8th, 2013, 7:27 am

Brother None wrote:
Grohal wrote:Haha, I pledged via PayPal April 2012 (yes 2012) and still got no message. I just trust everything will work out well. :mrgreen:
Messages can get lost, but be sure to check on https://rangercenter.inxile-entertainment.com/, with an account with your PayPal email, to see if your pledge shows up there.
I guess its an gmx(the emailaccount is on this) problem, I won't get other messages from other sources as well - no matter what I do in the options. Which is also part of the problem that I can't get into the rangercenter - the message will simply not appear, not even as spam. I tried more than 10 times, but gmx is my email-account conneted with paypal sadly.

I am old and thus patient, the money was sent via paypal so I guess the game will be sent to me once it is finished - correct me if I am wrong, but that would be good enough for me. :mrgreen:

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » July 8th, 2013, 8:36 am

The only way to know for sure is to register an account and check if your pledge shows up.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Grohal
Adventurer

Post by Grohal » July 8th, 2013, 9:14 am

Brother None wrote:The only way to know for sure is to register an account and check if your pledge shows up.
Ok, just to get this right: the email is the one connected with paypal and the password is the one from paypal or the one from the forum? I ask because neither password seems to work...
I already tried via "forgot your password" to let the center sent me a link - but this one also never arrives at my gmx-account (After trying to create the login via email used for paypal, of course).
Well I just try again I guess. :mrgreen:

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » July 8th, 2013, 9:25 am

Grohal wrote:Ok, just to get this right: the email is the one connected with paypal and the password is the one from paypal or the one from the forum? I ask because neither password seems to work...
I already tried via "forgot your password" to let the center sent me a link - but this one also never arrives at my gmx-account (After trying to create the login via email used for paypal, of course).
Well I just try again I guess. :mrgreen:
You could try whitelisting webmaster@inxile.net to see if it goes through. If not, PM me your email and I'll manually send the gmx account the activation code.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Grohal
Adventurer

Post by Grohal » July 8th, 2013, 9:30 am

Brother None wrote: You could try whitelisting webmaster@inxile.net to see if it goes through. If not, PM me your email and I'll manually send the gmx account the activation code.
I'll try that one, didn't work with the mails from Trion (Rift) though. Thanks anyway - I'll whitelist it on gmx, try again and wait a few days. :)

fompt
Acolyte

Post by fompt » October 14th, 2013, 5:41 am

On 8th October I payed via paypal, I recived only info that payment was made successfully. I have no problem waiting but how long is average waiting time?
English is not my mother tongue. Sorry for possible mistakes.

Olrikus
Initiate

Post by Olrikus » October 17th, 2013, 2:16 pm

fompt wrote:On 8th October I payed via paypal, I recived only info that payment was made successfully. I have no problem waiting but how long is average waiting time?
I'm curious about the same thing. Made my pledges September 29 for both Torment and Wasteland 2.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » October 18th, 2013, 1:43 pm

You can always check the status of our database here. We're current as of September 22nd, which means pledges made after that date won't show up until we next update. Sorry we've been so infrequent in our updates, the programmer who does them has been hammered on work on Wasteland 2's beta.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer