inXile / RPG Codex Gamescom Interview Scuttled

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: inXile / RPG Codex Gamescom Interview Scuttled

Post by Drool » August 28th, 2016, 12:36 pm

Zombra wrote:You've mentioned this a couple times. There are definitely some who are overestimating the Codex's prestige, but ... honestly I think you're underestimating it.
I'd say the evidence is pretty solid that inXile isn't worried in the slightest about the Codex's feelings.

But, hey. It's the weekend. Maybe, come Monday, inXile will come grovelling and begging for forgiveness from the Mighty RPG Codex, Lord Of All It Surveys.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » August 28th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Drool wrote:I'd say the evidence is pretty solid that inXile isn't worried in the slightest about the Codex's feelings.
Yeah. I'd say you're on the right track but once again overstating the case.

Sacred_Path
Scholar

Post by Sacred_Path » August 28th, 2016, 3:48 pm

Drool wrote:
Wish they had enough gumption to say so instead of hiding behind Techland.
Again, I think you're vastly inflating the Codex's importance. I sincerely doubt inXile is "hiding" or that they're in any way concerned about the Codex's opinion, let alone afraid of it.
It's BS to think that they would correspond with a sizable fan community without the usual sugar coating "just because they can".

tuluse
Adventurer

Post by tuluse » August 28th, 2016, 6:00 pm

Drool wrote:I'd say the evidence is pretty solid that inXile isn't worried in the slightest about the Codex's feelings.
I'd say this is very clear, yes. I'm letting InXile know that message has been received.

Goral
Acolyte

Post by Goral » April 15th, 2017, 1:04 am

Goral wrote:
August 25th, 2016, 6:24 am
And of course developers won't even comment on this, they just shrug it off and wash their hands of this whole case blaming Techland for it. Well, I won't forget this and with bullying small developers, lying to your customers and treating RPG Codex as if it doesn't exist will have repercussions. I hope it will be worth it because I doubt inXile will manage to rise up again if Torment will flop. I'm sure Choplifter was a huge success though so no worries.
It couldn't be more ironic: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10604