Wasteland 3 confirmed?

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Infinitron
Adventurer

Wasteland 3 confirmed?

Post by Infinitron » May 24th, 2016, 11:35 pm

http://existentialgamer.com/brian-fargo ... -interview
EG: What’s the relationship between your life experiences and the way you write, design, and create characters, storylines, and games?

BF: I draw almost all of my inspiration from my personal life experiences, reading about others or stories that people share with me personally. Authenticity resonates. I was in Croatia recently and met a local who told me about his grandfather the hunter. He said that he has owned 4 four dogs in his life, each with the name Jackie.

Apparently one day he was out hunting and shot a wild boar, but his bullet only grazed the animal, causing it to enter a frenzy. As the boar was charging to kill the hunter, his trusty dog Jackie jumped out and took the hit, dying in the process.

His Grandfather dropped his rifle and ran to the doctor but was unable to save the dog. According to the hunter’s wife, it was the only time she ever saw the man cry. After that he named every one of his dogs Jackie. These kinds of stories are powerful, and you can bet you’ll find some part of this one in Wasteland 3.
Last edited by Infinitron on May 25th, 2016, 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

kilobug
Adventurer

Re: Wasteland 3 confirmed?

Post by kilobug » May 25th, 2016, 12:53 am

Wasteland 3 has been hinted a few times by Brian Fargo in his twitter account and in some interviews, but always in an evasive way like "there will probably be less time between 3 and 2 that there was between 2 and 1". That does sound a bit more affirmative, but still more a "one day there will be a WL3" that any actual plan to start making one "soon" (but perhaps once TTON is released, who knows...).

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » May 27th, 2016, 3:49 pm

Well, if (or "if") there is a Wasteland 3, which I hope, I (also) hope they'll get Mark Morgan to do the music again.
(And also also party based, turn based, top-down 3rd person view.)
marmelade & jam

ogi79
Acolyte

Post by ogi79 » June 1st, 2016, 3:56 pm

yes,its basicly confirmed/hinted. Maybe we will get official conformation on E3 :)

Infinitron
Adventurer

Post by Infinitron » August 31st, 2016, 2:02 am

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » August 31st, 2016, 10:00 pm

Where's those picsfrom?

If true, wonder where WL3 will be set. I'm thinking it'll either be set in Las Vegas (and other WL1 areas that weren't in WL2, like Quartz, Needles, Junkyard) or it'll be set in an entirely new place the Rangers are exploring, like LA was in WL2.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » September 1st, 2016, 12:17 am

I saw those pics in Brian Frago's twitter, so probably Wastland 3 is underway.

As for where it'll be, what I'm half-expecting half-hoping is a something in two parts like Wasteland 2, first part as newbies in Ranger-controlled area (perhaps rebuilding after the events of WL2) and second part is a new area, so we the two different ambiances/feelings which are both nice. But well, I'm pretty much open to anything,

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » September 1st, 2016, 10:50 am

I find myself wondering what the plot would/will be. Will it basically be "Wasteland 2 but better with new factions?" A team of four level 1 cops fight lizards and raiders and work their way up to battling a robot army? It was cool that Wasteland and Wasteland 2 told more or less the same story, but it would seem a bit strange for W3 to follow the same blueprint so soon after W2. I wonder what will be different this time.

Ranger1
Scholar

Post by Ranger1 » September 1st, 2016, 11:18 pm

I hope for a vertical dimension to exploring Wasteland 3s environments. I want to explore abandoned office blocks and descend into underground bunkers (with the right equipment of course)

Also on my wishlist is getting to construct and program your own robot companion which would be cool too. I liked having a robot following me around. Its very Johnny 5. Upgrading and replacing the robots parts would be fun too.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » September 2nd, 2016, 10:10 am

Im looking forward to it, wish it was a bit more serious series though :P but thats nitpicky

Infinitron
Adventurer

Post by Infinitron » September 28th, 2016, 10:16 am

Welp!