inXile opening satellite studio in New Orleans

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
IHaveHugeNick
Master

Re: inXile opening satellite studio in New Orleans

Post by IHaveHugeNick » October 28th, 2015, 2:15 pm

Rivethead wrote:really good game developers

Rivethead wrote:Garriott
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

Dork Mage
Scholar

Post by Dork Mage » October 28th, 2015, 3:51 pm

tonurics wrote:
Zombra wrote:If you're going to spend some of that relocation money on new concept artists, remember I can do fantasy AND science fiction!!
Is that a dragon attacking a space station? There is such a thing as "too good".
Nice dragon

Jimmious
Scholar

Post by Jimmious » October 29th, 2015, 7:44 am

Is anyone from the satellite studio attending the White Wolf Vampire "party" in New Orleans by any chance? :twisted: 8-)
Float away, little butterfly. Just flutter away. I got a gig in Vegas. And the wastelands ain't no place for kids.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 29th, 2015, 10:30 am

Oooooooooooh

Jimmious
Scholar

Post by Jimmious » October 29th, 2015, 5:18 pm

Zombra wrote:Oooooooooooh
Their silence is a sign of guilt you know :lol:
Float away, little butterfly. Just flutter away. I got a gig in Vegas. And the wastelands ain't no place for kids.

warpower
Initiate

Post by warpower » November 4th, 2015, 7:24 am

Just wondering, will you guys have any accounting/finance jobs at the new location?

SuAside
Global Moderator
Location: MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Suprisingly Obvious

Post by SuAside » November 5th, 2015, 1:53 am

Zombra wrote:P.S. I hear New Orleans is lovely. If you're going to spend some of that relocation money on new concept artists, remember I can do fantasy AND science fiction!!

Too much armor on the warrior chick, you will never find work in the gaming industry.
Rivethead wrote:Just one biased person's opinion, but putting any type of business 20 feet below sea level on a coast prone to hurricanes is a big mistake. You want to know where all the really good game developers in the area work? They work here in Austin, Texas. That's why Star Citizen has a dev center here. That's why Lord British (Garriott) is here, that's why Edge of Reality games is here. And many, many others.

Having said that, the last thing Austin needs is more Californians (y'all can't drive worth a damn). So this is a good thing.

Regardless, best of luck with the new studio.
Insurance & offsite backups are a thing, though.

I would also expect property prices and/or rent to be lower in New Orleans than Austin, in part due to the reasons mentioned.
"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of touching a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it."

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » November 6th, 2015, 10:41 am

Our updated corporate site is live.

The current positions we are looking to fill can be found on the careers page: http://inxile-entertainment.com/careers More opening will follow as operations in New Orleans ramps up.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » November 8th, 2015, 5:26 am

Hello Tonurics,

i have a question regarding the Jobs InXile offers mainly QA Tester/Lead, im living in germany and i do not have any intention in migrating to the US, is a home office position something possible or would you rather hire local people that can actually come to the office?

EDIT: on a side note, on the Career page only QA tester is shown, in all tabs, if you select production you have a QA Lead posting as well though so there may be an issue on the page.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » November 8th, 2015, 10:10 am

Lord of Riva wrote:Hello Tonurics,

i have a question regarding the Jobs InXile offers mainly QA Tester/Lead, im living in germany and i do not have any intention in migrating to the US, is a home office position something possible or would you rather hire local people that can actually come to the office?

EDIT: on a side note, on the Career page only QA tester is shown, in all tabs, if you select production you have a QA Lead posting as well though so there may be an issue on the page.
I'm afraid these are on-site positions only. Historically, our QA team works closely with everyone on-site and impromptu design and engineering meetings are pretty common [it's a great spot for a college internship]. But we do work with a remote QA firm called Testronic; they have offices around Europe. If your serious about wanting a QA role, perhaps that's an easier option for you. Our on-site QA Lead will end up managing Testronic's resources.

Currently, the QA Lead appears on the second careers page. ;)
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » November 8th, 2015, 10:29 am

i see thanks for the information, i already have a QA Lead position currently but the offer may have been interesting, i dont think i currently want to join a company that lends out people, but thanks anyways.

and whoops, page two huh? XD

sear
Developer

Post by sear » November 24th, 2015, 5:24 pm

There is a snippet on our New Oreleans studio in this new article from Fortune: http://fortune.com/2015/11/23/video-gam ... w-orleans/
Newport Beach, Calif.-based inXile Entertainment is the latest game studio to take up residency in New Orleans. The developer behind The Bard’s Tale franchise just opened up a new satellite studio in the Crescent City after exploring options in Colorado and Texas. Brian Fargo, CEO of inXile Entertainment, says the plan is to move the company’s quality assurance testing from outside contractors to internal oversight in the new studio. In addition, production will slowly be ramped up with a mixture of California staff and new hires. Overall, the new studio will allow the company to increase its development output by one game.

“Beyond the financial bonuses, we have access now to talent from the East Coast,” Fargo says. “It’s a tough pitch to get them all the way to California, but the South has already proven to be a viable option for people.”

Pfoggy
Initiate

Post by Pfoggy » November 30th, 2015, 1:48 pm

Hope you installed extra wide doors there in NOLA! After previously subsisting on that California range grass, you will ALL be widening out a bit between the Po'boys with extra remoulade sauce and the red beans and rice!

Pfoggy