Any idea when the Ranger Center will re-open?

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Manicotti Lion
Initiate

Any idea when the Ranger Center will re-open?

Post by Manicotti Lion » October 2nd, 2015, 1:17 pm

I've been checking the last few days and it keeps saying it's down for maintenance. I got the physical copy of WL2 at release but never claimed the digital one for GOG/Steam. Now I saw there is a new version coming out, but apparently you only get it if you already own WL2 digital. I keep trying to sign-in to get it but like I said the site's been down almost a week or so now. I'm a little worried it won't be back up in time before the director's cut releases and I don't want to miss out.

sear
Developer

Re: Any idea when the Ranger Center will re-open?

Post by sear » October 2nd, 2015, 2:32 pm

We're working on a new web site which will be up very soon (part of it was the result of a server hardware change by our host, which made the timing a little clunky as we had to rush to get started on updating things). No set date just yet, but it won't be too much longer. Definitely well before the 13th. ;)

Manicotti Lion
Initiate

Post by Manicotti Lion » October 2nd, 2015, 4:11 pm

Ah okay, thanks for the quick response. I'll keep checking back then.

Manicotti Lion
Initiate

Post by Manicotti Lion » October 10th, 2015, 12:01 pm

Alright, I seem to have got it, thanks. I had a little trouble signing in because you have to re-register now, but it's all good. Just to be sure, the Director's Cut will unlock if I've claimed the deluxe edition key? I saw there was an option for deluxe and standard so I chose deluxe and still have the standard in wait if need be.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 10th, 2015, 12:17 pm

Manicotti Lion wrote:Alright, I seem to have got it, thanks. I had a little trouble signing in because you have to re-register now, but it's all good. Just to be sure, the Director's Cut will unlock if I've claimed the deluxe edition key? I saw there was an option for deluxe and standard so I chose deluxe and still have the standard in wait if need be.
Yeah, there's no extra key, it'll just show up on your Steam or GOG.com account upon launch without any extra effort on your part, all you'd need to do is download/install.

And yes, unfortunately we couldn't preserve the old accounts - they were using a pretty hacked-together system and we didn't have any way to bring that information over. Ultimately having people sign up again ended up being the better solution, since that way we can also make sure their Torment/Bard's Tale/Wasteland accounts are all merged together into the same database.

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » October 13th, 2015, 1:00 am

The site keeps telling me both my e-mail accounts are already taken as somebody's alternate e-mails, but neither is anybody's primary account. Any idea what's going on?