inXile Account: Gifting Rewards? Shifting Points between games?

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
JeroenB
Novice

inXile Account: Gifting Rewards? Shifting Points between games?

Post by JeroenB » June 5th, 2015, 11:39 am

Clicking around the Torment site FAQs and searching through the forums has not provided me with an answer to the two questions below, can anyone point me to more information on them, if there is any?

On the Torment site, I have under Rewards a spare copy of the game to 'gift to a friend'. I'm assuming that we will be able to transfer such a Reward to another inXile Account. There does not actually appear to be a mechanism on the website to do this gifting, though. Or am I just overlooking it?

I know the game is not out yet, but surely you want to hook new people into the game community (and the Rewards Shop!) as early as possible. It would also be nice to be able to gift someone a Reward for their birthday, for instance, even if the Reward 'item' is not available yet. A screenshot of the Reward sitting in your own account isn't much of a present.

A similar question concerns shifting points between games. Currently our inXile account seems to exist only within torment.inxile-entertainment.com. Once the Bard's Tale Kickstarter completes, for those who backed both, our account will presumably also exist under bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com. Will this be a linked but distinct account, with a separate list of rewards and a separate rewards shop, or will it be a single account with a single list of rewards and a single rewards shop, perhaps with a style sheet difference depending on subdomain? (And hopefully some more organisation options to make the rewards shop a bit more comprehensible ;).)

To phrase it in terms of results, will it be possible, and if so how easily, to use spare inXile points purchased under the T:ToN campaign to upgrade our BT4 Kickstarter tier or buy BT4 add-ons?

sear
Developer

Re: inXile Account: Gifting Rewards? Shifting Points between games?

Post by sear » June 5th, 2015, 12:52 pm

Extra copies of the game can be gifted to friends simply by giving them game keys. We do have a gift system in place on the Torment site for giving points to friends, however, that only works with points and not rewards specifically.

We don't yet have a unified account system across all our games but we would like to get there eventually.

JeroenB
Novice

Re: inXile Account: Gifting Rewards? Shifting Points between games?

Post by JeroenB » June 6th, 2015, 3:51 am

Thanks for the quick response. Gifting keys seems a bit inelegant, especially with rewards that also include additional downloads, because the recipient would always be dependent on the gifter to redownload the novellas or whatever again. Perhaps Reward gifting could be a feature to take under consideration for some eventual future iteration of the websites.

I hope the post-Kickstarter Bard's Tale website will hook into the inXile Account system at least, but we'll see in 34 days :)