phpBB Updated: New features, theme broken

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: phpBB Updated: New features, theme broken

Post by Drool » May 5th, 2015, 12:50 pm

Ahh, whereas I pretty much always middle-click everything. A holdover from when things would open an entire new window because tabs weren't universal.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » May 5th, 2015, 6:12 pm

marceror wrote:Some unsolicited feedback on the site:
Not sure if it's just me, but I'm finding it difficult to know if a thread has unread posts. The way all thread titles currently show in bold makes it appear that all threads have unread posts. Would be nice if read posts had an non-bolded title, so I didn't have to look at dates/times.
If a thread has unread posts: the icon on the left of the thread title will appear red/pink and a small orange icon will appear. Clicking on the small orange icon will take you to the first unread post. ;) (That also applies to forums; if the icon is red, something is new.)
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » May 5th, 2015, 6:15 pm

Can I just say it is really really hard for me to tell the colours. I am colourblind and the shades are too fine to be easily discernable.

I actually have to hover my mouse at the moment to see if there are unread posts.
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » May 5th, 2015, 6:56 pm

tonurics wrote:
marceror wrote:Some unsolicited feedback on the site:
Not sure if it's just me, but I'm finding it difficult to know if a thread has unread posts. The way all thread titles currently show in bold makes it appear that all threads have unread posts. Would be nice if read posts had an non-bolded title, so I didn't have to look at dates/times.
If a thread has unread posts: the icon on the left of the thread title will appear red/pink and a small orange icon will appear. Clicking on the small orange icon will take you to the first unread post. ;) (That also applies to forums; if the icon is red, something is new.)
Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to adapt to this.

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » May 6th, 2015, 1:59 pm

tonurics wrote:(That also applies to forums; if the icon is red, something is new.)
for me all forums have a pink icon. in the top right corner you can click on "mark all forums read". i think after this you should see the difference.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » May 6th, 2015, 8:19 pm

Woolfe wrote:Can I just say it is really really hard for me to tell the colours. I am colourblind and the shades are too fine to be easily discernable.

I actually have to hover my mouse at the moment to see if there are unread posts.
Well, there's still the orange link. It's like a little piece of paper next to the circle:

Personally, I just run through the forum list, middle clicking all the little orange links so each tab opens to the last unread post.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » May 7th, 2015, 4:22 pm

Yeah that works on the threads... not on the subforums....

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » May 9th, 2015, 3:23 am

is it just my impression or is there more spam since the update?

It seems like new user now are immidiatly allowed to post weblinks.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » May 9th, 2015, 9:36 pm

Tets wrote:It seems like new user now are immidiatly allowed to post weblinks.
The custom anti-spam stuff we setup earlier got wiped out with the update. But the new version has some new built in anti-spam measures; so we're going to trying those out, before we decide if the custom stuff needs to be added again.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » May 14th, 2015, 10:11 pm

Any eta on the Forum icons?

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » May 16th, 2015, 1:31 pm

The red/pink version of the thread icon really is difficult to discern from the normal blue one. The little piece of paper icon is nice obviously ... but it would be better for the "circle with lines" icons to be far more dramatic in their difference. I'm not even color blind (I think) and I can barely see a difference, and even then only when I look real close.

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » May 16th, 2015, 1:51 pm

To me the blue versions are very clearly distinct from the red/pink ones, though the red/pink ones aren't the easiest on the eyes.
Is it possible to have the "you have replied here" asterisks be a different colour than the icon, though? (eg. blue icon with pink *, pink icon with blue *)
Or maybe move the asterisk to the border of the circle (creating a slightly different shape/outline)?
marmelade & jam