Managing Torment Keys (Swapping Steam for GOG Key)

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
asw3
Initiate

Managing Torment Keys (Swapping Steam for GOG Key)

Post by asw3 » April 19th, 2015, 5:52 am

Admittedly I'm looking into this a bit late, but I was wondering if I could get my digital copy of Torment when it releases on GOG.com, and stumbled on the "Redeeming Keys" help page (can't post URLs), and saw that it mentions a "Manage Keys" button under Account/Pledge which is no longer there from what I can see. Has it been moved, or will this choice become available closer to the release of the game?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else already.
Last edited by asw3 on February 28th, 2017, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

kilobug
Adventurer

Re: Managing Torment Keys

Post by kilobug » April 19th, 2015, 7:40 am

Managing keys will come much closer to release, I guess.

If it's like WL2, you'll be able to chose GOG or Steam key shortly before release.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » April 20th, 2015, 12:09 pm

Just to confirm what kilobug said: the manage keys button will appear once we have keys for your reward. You'll be able to choose a distribution platform then (Steam or GOG). ;)

If you had Wasteland 2 or PnP books among your rewards: you would see the button already (as those items already have keys).
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

asw3
Initiate

Post by asw3 » April 21st, 2015, 11:16 am

Thanks for the answers!

asw3
Initiate

Post by asw3 » January 26th, 2017, 12:30 pm

Bump.

Now that we are close to release, has the method to "mark" our accounts for a GoG key been implemented yet?

I have a Mange Keys button, but there only the Steam beta key can be found (which got send to all backers), and you can't do anything related to choosing a platform from there.
Last edited by asw3 on January 26th, 2017, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » January 26th, 2017, 1:12 pm

asw3 wrote:Bump.

Now that we are close to release, has the method to "mark" our account for a GoG key been implemented yet?

I have a Mange Keys button, but there only the Steam beta key can be found (which got send to all backers), and you can't do anything related to choosing a platform from there.
Not yet, but we're still planning it. We can't really give out keys before the game's on GOG. ;)

asw3
Initiate

Post by asw3 » January 26th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Does this mean that people that want their game to be on GoG will potentially have to wait for their key even after the game is out on Steam?

sear
Developer

Post by sear » January 26th, 2017, 5:49 pm

asw3 wrote:Does this mean that people that want their game to be on GoG will potentially have to wait for their key even after the game is out on Steam?
GOG's storefront, install files, patches, etc. are handled by their team, so sometimes there can be a bit more turn-around involved with releases. That said, we're working with them currently to get things prepared, and obviously we want players to be able to start playing as soon as possible on our release date regardless of what store they use.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » January 27th, 2017, 12:30 am

asw3 wrote:Does this mean that people that want their game to be on GoG will potentially have to wait for their key even after the game is out on Steam?
To complement what sear said, to my experience with WL2 and several other Kickstarter games, there can be a 1-2 days delay for the GOG release (and further patches) to appear, but very rarely more, and often enough it's available the same day.

asw3
Initiate

Post by asw3 » February 24th, 2017, 4:10 am

The game is coming out next week, any update on the switching to GOG front?

sear
Developer

Post by sear » February 24th, 2017, 7:39 am

asw3 wrote:The game is coming out next week, any update on the switching to GOG front?
We'll get GOG keys up as soon as we can.

asw3
Initiate

Post by asw3 » February 27th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Supposedly (according to inExile's Twitter) now we can get our GOG keys from Account -> Rewards -> Manage Keys, but I don't have a GOG key there, only the Steam Beta key that I have used.

I'm sure that I read in the Kickstarter Update that activating the Steam Beta won't be a barrier to get our full copy on GOG. So whats the issue?

trallyus
Initiate

Post by trallyus » February 27th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Quick question since I asked it on twitter and had no reply - I just generated my key when I saw the tweet that Gog.com keys were available and the key was from buying the limited Collector's Edition physical copy of the game and I noticed when I went to use the key on Gog.com, it was showing up that the key was for base game when I kind of thought the key should at least unlock the Immortal Edition of the game due to thinking it should match the stuff in the Collector's Edition but was not sure.

I have not used the key yet in case the problem I am bringing up may be a bug and it's easier to just generate a new key for me if it is a bug then for me to claim it and have to try to fix it later after the fact so I will wait for any official reply if the generated key is supposed to act like that or if I did something wrong.

I canceled out of claiming the key on gog before fully using it is what I mean by not using the key as I used it but when it showed the game name it simply showed what looked like the base game and no extra descriptions like legacy edition or immortal edition.

Thanks.

Taziel
Novice

Post by Taziel » February 27th, 2017, 5:16 pm

I also only have the option for the BETA key on my rewards option. Maybe you have answered this in another post, but I don't want to loose my GOG version of the game. I do not have an issue with STEAM, But I backed for GOG. I apologize if this is a repeat of many other posts, however launch day is tomorrow. So unless we get a copy on both STEAM and GOG this could be an issue.