questions about physical rewards vs digital downloads

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
Clausewitz_
Novice

questions about physical rewards vs digital downloads

Post by Clausewitz_ » November 24th, 2014, 3:02 am

Hi all,
first an apology to anybody sick of physical rewards questions - Sorry - but I have been away from the forums for ages :oops:
I pledged $100 (+15 shipping) for the collector's edition premium boxed version (with cloth map, instruction book, miniature, faction badge and a unique and quirky skill. etc)
I have held back from playing the beta - I wanted to get into this world when it was finished and polished as that has always been my experience of Fargo's RPGs 8-) So ive been replaying Fallout Tactics while I waited.
Now I was going to hold out playing until my physical reward turned up for the maps etc - but the wait is killing me!
Is the deluxe copy I have a key for on Steam the same as the game on the disk I will be getting - or do I need the physical to get the quirky skill etc? Is there any difference or can I just jump into the Steam one and not miss anything?
Also Im in the UK - has anybody here received their physical copies yet or had any issues?
Thanks for your time.
Cz

tonurics
Explorer

Re: questions about physical rewards vs digital downloads

Post by tonurics » November 24th, 2014, 11:11 am

The steam and disc versions of the game are the same (the disc version is just very out of date). Any extras (soundtrack, wasteland 1, novellas, etc) come in the form of add-ons and don't effect the base game. So feel free to start playing from a copy downloaded via steam.

It sounds like you may have the Collectors Edition; those should start shipping sometime this week. You should get an email from inXile once they find out from Deep Silver.

If you haven't installed the game yet and want to wait until you get your physical discs, check out my post here: /viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11081 it could save you a lot of downloading.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 24th, 2014, 1:36 pm

Furthermore, the method to access your "quirky skill" can be found in the Ranger Center.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Clausewitz_
Novice

Post by Clausewitz_ » November 24th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Ok thank you guys :D