Introducing our new Community Manager

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
_noblesse_oblige_
Explorer

Re: Introducing our new Community Manager

Post by _noblesse_oblige_ » May 5th, 2017, 9:15 pm

Getting crack(s) from your dealer for that gamer's high. I understand.

Yeah, Commodore had a good run of gaming machines while they lasted. The later Amigas were certainly capable machines, even if the BT implementation on them didn't really showcase their abilities very well.
cmibl<enter>

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » May 7th, 2017, 4:00 pm

My high school after-school LAN gatherings were for Doom and Warcraft... oh the good old days :)
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 8th, 2017, 9:34 am

Woolfe wrote:
May 5th, 2017, 8:21 pm
the C64, such an awesome game machine.
The Commodore 64 is, in large part, why my console history reads: Atari 2600, Colecovision.......Playstation 1! :-D

waltc
Scholar

Post by waltc » May 16th, 2017, 10:55 am

I'm a bit late to the party, but Welcome...;)

I well recall my BBS days--the days of $400 phone bills and $4k Pentium 100Mhz systems....;) I have often pondered what I could do with all of that money I spent in those days...;) Still, I had lots of fun at the time. (Don't want to forget the purchase of at least one of every Amiga model ever made by C=, with the exception of the first one, the A1000.) The Amiga was incredible--what I did with PMT in those days with 16MB's of system ram and 2MB's of (chip) vram, had to be seen to be believed! So many programs for Workbench that were built with AREXX (scripting language) ports and could talk to/control each other other in *real time* so well that you automate recording to both BetaMax and/or hard drive (PAR card, for those who remember!). Ah well. C= screwed up royally by not licensing Amiga clones way back then--but everybody--except Microsoft--was into selling their own custom hardware at premiums back then--Only Microsoft had somewhat 20/20 vision looking ahead, it would seem.

Torment I bought when the game originally shipped and I eventually got around to playing it about a year later--and enjoyed it immensely! These days, however, I have fired it up again on Win10x64 build 16193--and several Insider builds before that one--and have found the following guide to be extremely helpful in fleshing out the game for much more modern computing environments:

https://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_ ... mods_guide

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 18th, 2017, 2:18 pm

BTW, waltc, here is your belated hello here, too!

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » May 18th, 2017, 3:52 pm

80 posts already? What was your previous career, was it spam industry by a chance?
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » May 19th, 2017, 8:07 am

Being omnipresent is basically Community Manager's job description.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 » May 19th, 2017, 11:03 am

He is the positiv spambot. ^^
Not selling kitchen nor pharmaceuticals or anything else. :D

clarsen14
Initiate

Post by clarsen14 » May 20th, 2017, 9:19 am

For me, my friends and I got hooked on D&D around 12 or 13 and loved playing adventure games on our Commodore Vic-20s and Apple II.

I had got a C64 for Christmas, and had a $50.00 check from a birthday gift. I wanted to go buy a new game with it, so I told my mom to take me to Toys R Us. After stopping by one of those scam "checks cashed for money" places ( was a Saturday...No banks open) I spent $5 to get my check cashed and had $45 to spend on a game.

We went to Toys R Us , and I can see it like it was yesterday...walking down the gaming aisle and finding "The Bards Tale I".....flipping it over and seeing the Dragon, wizard and dungeon pic and was instantly hooked.

Paid $35.00 for it, and it was the best Birthday present I ever bought. I spent hours upon hours immersed into it with my friends. It really changed our lives. It was the game that really started my ongoing love for computer fantasy/adventure RPGs. But nothing has ever measured up to the original trilogy......and probably never will. I am almost 45 now.

Jademonk
Initiate

Post by Jademonk » May 21st, 2017, 12:17 am

When I first glanced at this thread, I thought it said, "Introducing our new community Mangar."

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 22nd, 2017, 8:44 am

Clarsen, it was a Toys R' Us where I first found and got the original Bard's Tale so your memories sound pretty familiar! :-D

And Jademonk, you never know: Image

waltc
Scholar

Post by waltc » May 25th, 2017, 4:41 pm

phimseto wrote:
May 22nd, 2017, 8:44 am
Clarsen, it was a Toys R' Us where I first found and got the original Bard's Tale so your memories sound pretty familiar! :-D

And Jademonk, you never know: Image
Ah, yes, the dreaded "Community Mangar", scourge of the 7th level catacombs!...;) Enjoyed that, guys!

Yes, I first played the BT1 DOS version in 1986, IIRC, on my Tandy 1000; then in 1987/8 (can't quite recall which) I picked up the Amiga version of the BT1--and the differences blew me away, even on my lowly A500--which was my first Amiga (of many more to come for the next 8 years.) Rather than the whistling speaker beep (even on the Tandy--which was capable of more but rarely used), the Bard played in stereophonic midi--you could clearly discern each instrument, too! At that point I sincerely wished the Amiga versions would come first...and a few did. But most...no. BT1 was a pivotal point for me, too. Interesting to think about these days...