Update 57: Deep Breath…OK, Now Work Continues On

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Ray
Scholar

Re: Update 57: Deep Breath…OK, Now Work Continues On

Post by Ray » October 6th, 2014, 5:07 pm

Brother None wrote:Next patch...targeting end of this week currently.
Thanks, can't wait but will! :D

frabron
Acolyte

Post by frabron » October 6th, 2014, 11:39 pm

Good morning here in Europe, good night over there in US west coast and hello to the rest :D. Thank you very much for the feedback, Brother None!

I've found another bug though: The Red Boots DLC button vanished mysteriously from my start screen when I clicked it once. Where can I buy the DLC now? :lol: :shock: ;)

Tarhiel
Acolyte

Post by Tarhiel » October 7th, 2014, 3:26 am

frabron wrote:I've found another bug though: The Red Boots DLC button vanished mysteriously from my start screen when I clicked it once. Where can I buy the DLC now? :lol: :shock: ;)
They put it down with a patch - demand for a red boots was so high that they decided to do blue and green ones as well, selling for triple the price.

Expect it sometime next year, here´s the link from the press announcement: http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing (George Bernard Shaw)

The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest » October 7th, 2014, 8:27 am

frabron wrote: I've found another bug though: The Red Boots DLC button vanished mysteriously from my start screen when I clicked it once. Where can I buy the DLC now? :lol: :shock: ;)
Not a bug. It gets removed once it's clicked. Which is why I don't click it. It's too awesome to have disappear. :lol:
I am a member of Macho Yintit's Society for Pantsless Landsharks.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.

ZonkerBrainless
Explorer

Post by ZonkerBrainless » October 7th, 2014, 8:43 am

It seems to me that the main purpose of physical trinkets was as a reward for people who contributed high amounts of money during the kickstarter campaign.

So, I think it's clear that that's a terrible idea. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the general feeling I get reading this thread.

Is there a way to provide a digital trinket? Perhaps an in-game reward, like having a shrine named after you, except not quite that drastic? That's cool and fun but doesn't unbalance the game? Like, access to an in-game library (just has interesting background)? Maybe a toaster-repair trinket that makes following the fun toaster quests a little easier? Or access to a souvenir shop full of crazy, weird trinkets?

Gotta say, I love the toasters. I'd pay for a trinket that gives you a +2 boost to your toaster repair skill.

[edit: wait, didn't you do this already? CE backers get some code that they can enter in a computer somewhere, right?]

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 7th, 2014, 12:29 pm

The Tallest wrote:Not a bug. It gets removed once it's clicked. Which is why I don't click it. It's too awesome to have disappear. :lol:
I still don't understand why they decided that was the way to go. I liked being able to click on it.
ZonkerBrainless wrote:[edit: wait, didn't you do this already? CE backers get some code that they can enter in a computer somewhere, right?]
Yup. And about 10 minutes after launch, it was all over the internet. Largely because people feel that backer exclusive things are an affront to... I dunno. Freedom or something. Which is the problem with digital trinkets. Being digital, they pretty much propagate across the internet in a matter of seconds. A company could do digital trinkets, but I doubt it would have nearly the impact of physical ones. If I wanted to, I could find a copy of the digital art book, or the novellas, or the backer code; I can't, however, download the metal CE box or a cloth map. At least not until 3D printing gets a lot better and cheaper.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

ZonkerBrainless
Explorer

Post by ZonkerBrainless » October 7th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Huh, I thought the code just wouldn't work if you weren't a backer.

-Archangel-
Adventurer

Post by -Archangel- » October 8th, 2014, 3:27 am

Drool wrote: Yup. And about 10 minutes after launch, it was all over the internet. Largely because people feel that backer exclusive things are an affront to... I dunno. Freedom or something.
It reminds us DLC exclusive content that was cut from the full game and sold separately. Many older gamers consider this type of DLC business an insult to all buyers and we want no part of it.
Game content should not be backer exclusive. Rewards like naming NPCs or places after them is a much better choice for a digital reward. Shrines were a good choice as long as they are accessible to all players.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 8th, 2014, 9:12 pm

ZonkerBrainless wrote:Huh, I thought the code just wouldn't work if you weren't a backer.
Not so easy. That'd require either creating an in-game code redemption system and generating unique non-shareable codes (which means an online authentication system; basically DRM), or a completely separate and brand new build branch for backers. Neither is a particularly attractive option compared to the way we did it. ;)

B McG
Acolyte

Post by B McG » October 9th, 2014, 10:16 am

Patch soon, fellow Wastelanders! :D

-Archangel-
Adventurer

Post by -Archangel- » October 9th, 2014, 12:00 pm

B McG wrote:Patch soon, fellow Wastelanders! :D
Do you have some inside info? They said they don't know when exactly.

B McG
Acolyte

Post by B McG » October 9th, 2014, 1:31 pm

-Archangel- wrote:
B McG wrote:Patch soon, fellow Wastelanders! :D
Do you have some inside info? They said they don't know when exactly.
Sorry, just getting hyped. I figured "soon" would be general enough to imply I don't have any idea when either. :P

B McG
Acolyte

Post by B McG » October 9th, 2014, 6:03 pm

simongrow250 wrote:Wastelanders..When it will be?
Any updates about it? :?: :?:
iirc it's still the end of this week isn't it

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » October 9th, 2014, 7:15 pm

B McG wrote:
simongrow250 wrote:Wastelanders..When it will be?
Any updates about it? :?: :?:
iirc it's still the end of this week isn't it
That was the "targeted" timeframe at the beginning of the week. Who knows if inXile is set to hit that target though.

Hopefully some good love for Hollywood will be present. That's the only part of the game that I really had any notable bugs in my play through. Well, and that weird running up and asking to be killed bug that the AI does would be good to have squashed.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 9th, 2014, 7:42 pm

marceror wrote:Who knows if inXile is set to hit that target though.
As they've written the patch notes, I'm reasonably confident.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

-Archangel-
Adventurer

Post by -Archangel- » October 10th, 2014, 12:49 am

They said recently that they ran into more problems and they don't know if it will be ready for today and in that case the patch would come early next week.

Chastening
Initiate

Post by Chastening » October 10th, 2014, 9:24 am

My weekends plans include Wasteland 2 and then a bit more Wasteland and when I should already stop playing it will still probably include some more Wasteland 2. Was hoping for a patch with some general bug fixes because I've heard about some problems about mission completion and mission play order on later parts of the game. Currently I'm 20 hours in so I guess I can squeeze in a few more hours before I ran into any problems.

But I have to say I'm completely hooked already. It was a bit of a slow starter for the first 10 hours but when I got into the first NPC hub areas and found some more missions I couldn't stop playing. And the impression I got from Super Bunnyhop's review is that it only gets better. Great jobs devs!

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » October 10th, 2014, 1:11 pm

The patch is definitely not until early next week, we still want to give it more testing.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Chastening
Initiate

Post by Chastening » October 10th, 2014, 1:16 pm

I'm always all for more testing.

Rastafariel
Initiate

Post by Rastafariel » October 11th, 2014, 2:58 am

Thank you for the update Brother None.