Update 35: We’re Still Listening

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Zaphod
Scholar

Re: Update 35: We’re Still Listening

Post by Zaphod » October 8th, 2013, 1:56 pm

under_dog wrote:Wouldn't it be good to initiate a new "Ask a Dev" session ???
I imagine the guys are snowed under preparing for the BETA 2 OR 3 WEEKS FROM NOW. I can wait 2 or 3 weeks. However if it slips again I may get hysterical. :)

Thrin
Explorer

Post by Thrin » October 9th, 2013, 8:18 am

Zaphod wrote:
under_dog wrote:Wouldn't it be good to initiate a new "Ask a Dev" session ???
I imagine the guys are snowed under preparing for the BETA 2 OR 3 WEEKS FROM NOW. I can wait 2 or 3 weeks. However if it slips again I may get hysterical. :)
I'm with Zaphod on this. The Beta is "just around the corner" so, in my view, the value of a "Ask a Dev" session is minimal at best given that plenty of information about the game will be coming out (even if there is an NDA there will likely be plenty of information leaks) very soon.

I hope that inXile gives (or hires) someone the task of community management / development when the Beta happens just to make life easier for everyone and facilitate the transfer of useful information back to the QA team. Then, moving forward, having someone(s) who is(are) customer facing should (depending on the individual(s)) improve inXile's presence with their customer base. It is my personal belief that happy customers lead to more sales and, as such, it is worthwhile to have dedicated people who interact with customers and potential customers on a daily basis. But, such sales tend to be "in the future" and via referrals so it becomes difficult to track benefits and without a direct metric it becomes difficult for some businesses to justify the "expense" of the position. Plus, sometimes, having "social media" types are, really, a waste of time, energy, and money - it all comes down to their role and the people involved.

I'm curious to see where inXile goes when the game hits Beta and when it goes live. Will there be an investment in customer support or will inXile use a third party contractor? Will inXile maintain its "distance" to its customers? Time will tell and it'll be fascinating (for me) to watch.

ffordesoon
Forum Moderator

Post by ffordesoon » October 9th, 2013, 10:38 am

I expect there may be a bit more dev activity on the forum when the beta goes live, but Brother None has done an exceptional job of managing the community, I think.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
As a poster, I speak only for myself. PM me if you have any problems with the way I moderate.

My Tumblr, if you're into that.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » October 9th, 2013, 10:48 am

ffordesoon wrote:I expect there may be a bit more dev activity on the forum when the beta goes live, but Brother None has done an exceptional job of managing the community, I think.
That surprising? He managed NMA (and still does?)
:lol: