Wasteland 2 old man portrait

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

McDougle
Adventurer

Re: Wasteland 2 old man portrait

Post by McDougle » June 15th, 2013, 4:18 pm

Looks trustworthy... KILL IT WITH FIRE! :lol:
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)

Azdeus
Initiate

Post by Azdeus » June 15th, 2013, 8:12 pm

I like the details, but the barrel does look twisted to me aswell.

The teeth... :shock:

Son of Max
Adventurer

Post by Son of Max » June 15th, 2013, 10:43 pm

This guy looks like he might have a score to settle with the proprietors of Hobo Dog...
25 years and it's finally here...

Darkzone
Adventurer

Post by Darkzone » June 16th, 2013, 10:32 am

Best Picture so far, i like this old Prospector.
As long the shotgun shots it does not matter if it is bent or not.
Reminds me of an old western serial gramps, but i have forgoten his name.
And as long as he does not point his gun at me, he is friendly.
In the Wasteland every breath i take. I am.

Thank you Brian Fargo for the games i play.
Thank you Fields of the Nephilim for the music i hear.

lava3d
Acolyte

Post by lava3d » June 16th, 2013, 2:07 pm

Cool portrait. He looks drunk-happy-sad with a hint of crazy, so he's definitely friendly.

J1811
Acolyte

Post by J1811 » June 17th, 2013, 3:03 am

Perfect.

Zaphod
Scholar

Post by Zaphod » June 17th, 2013, 8:20 am

Anyone standing within 100 yards downwind of this guy will be wondering 'What is that awful smell?'. :)

Helz
Novice

Post by Helz » June 18th, 2013, 10:40 am

I love the detail in his face, especially his eyes. Friendly? Maybe to his kin. He's smiling, but he either just splattered someone all over the wall or he's fixin' to.

Ranger1
Scholar

Post by Ranger1 » June 18th, 2013, 6:45 pm

My impression; Just missing a pick axe and maybe some dynamite.

"This is my claim varmit, scoot!" loads shotgun as you flee.

Damoriel
Novice

Post by Damoriel » June 19th, 2013, 3:24 am

The cracks in the barrels suggest that this party is about to be getting crazy. He's a keeper.

sirchet
Initiate

Post by sirchet » June 20th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Drool wrote:I think it's Ralf.

After being rescued from the torture room in the Temple of Blood by the Rangers, young Ralf pledged his support to the Rangers and their mission. After being critically wounded about ten minutes later by a slavering Bloodbeast, the Rangers decided that while Ralf's spirit was willing, his flesh was far, far too weak. Also, he really only knew how to handle a knife. The Rangers patched him up and sent him to talk to Ellen back in Quartz, figuring that giving him a Very Important Mission (helping keep Quartz safe) would be kinder than leaving him behind in Needles to renew his Sand Bum ways.

That worked for while: he trained hard and learned to handle a gun. However, you never forget your first love, and soon the siren's song of Snake Squeezins was just too much for him. Since he wasn't gifted with foresight like the Oracle with the Desert Nomads, Ralf drifted around the area. Thanks to the Rangers, it was a lot safer than it could have been, but it was still pretty dangerous, which is why he kept his trusty shotgun, Ol' Blue.

He eventually settled in a scavenged shack, near the foothills of the mountains, not far from the old silver mine. When he's hard up for money, he'll brave the Ghouls and Scavs and try to mine a few bits of silver. His door is always open to Rangers, but everyone else had best stay away. He even managed to scavenge on of the marker flags from the Guardian's Citidel after the Rangers swept though there like a hurricane of destruction. Even though the Guardians are now long gone, people remember those flags, and it keeps curious New Wavers and random scum away.
Thanks for the entertaining back story Drool. :)
Help is good when asked for, better when needed.

RangerBen
Global Moderator

Post by RangerBen » June 26th, 2013, 2:45 pm

sirchet wrote:
Drool wrote:I think it's Ralf....
Thanks for the entertaining back story Drool. :)
Agreed, that was awesome! Anything that connects back to WL1 in my book gets a universally irradiated +1.

namelessone
Initiate

Post by namelessone » June 28th, 2013, 5:17 pm

This is really great portrait! Does anyone know the artists name?

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » June 30th, 2013, 1:26 am

namelessone wrote:This is really great portrait! Does anyone know the artists name?
It's by Chang Yuan
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » June 30th, 2013, 4:45 am

Is WL2 going to have something like a "more accurate" credits than what we currently see in computer game credits. Will we get to find out which writer/designer did which area etc? That would be great.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

namelessone
Initiate

Post by namelessone » June 30th, 2013, 7:26 am

Brother None wrote:
namelessone wrote:This is really great portrait! Does anyone know the artists name?
It's by Chang Yuan
Thank you

RangerBen
Global Moderator

Post by RangerBen » June 30th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Crosmando wrote:Is WL2 going to have something like a "more accurate" credits than what we currently see in computer game credits. Will we get to find out which writer/designer did which area etc? That would be great.
Actually, and this was going to be a surprise but since you asked I'll tell you and only you: one area, chosen at random when the game starts, will have an invisible pixel, that once encountered, will surreptitiously be added to your first character's inventory. If you then move outside the edge of the game map, instead of encountering "miles of endless wastes beyond here" message, it will let you pass through into a secret area which will show the detailed creator lists just as you are requesting. If this sounds familiar, it has nothing at all to do with any sort of Adventure you may have seen once before in the 1970s.

-Ranger Ben

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » June 30th, 2013, 10:29 pm

RangerBen wrote:stuff
Heh. Nice.

Although, Cros brings up an interesting point. While I wouldn't want it in the main credits (Blood Dragon mentioned everybody under the sun; the credits were literally half an hour long), some way to access the specific designers of various areas would be nice. Maybe after beating the game you unlock a map of the game where you can click areas, so you can look specific zones that struck your fancy.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » July 1st, 2013, 11:13 am

Crosmando wrote:Is WL2 going to have something like a "more accurate" credits than what we currently see in computer game credits. Will we get to find out which writer/designer did which area etc? That would be great.
It would be, and I want to. I don't think we'll do it in the credits but it could be something we speak to in a post-release update. Haven't thought too much about it so I don't know yet, we'll see.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer