Localization Sign Up

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

samuel0201
Initiate

Re: Localization Sign Up

Post by samuel0201 »

I would love to help with the German translation as well. I am a freelance translator and a German native speaker, not to mention a passionate player of cRPGs!
Knightsoul
Initiate

Post by Knightsoul »

I can help with the Italian translation.
Ciao! 8-)
Last edited by Knightsoul on April 18th, 2012, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Like a flash of light, in an endless night
Life is trapped within 2 black entities....."

Type O Negative
Soulveig
Novice

Post by Soulveig »

Community on our portal can help you with translations into Russian. As i told before, we also translating now posts from your blog and from this forum here --->>> http://wasteland2.org
:mrgreen:
Русское сообщество собирается тут на сайте wasteland2.org или на форуме
Excessive
Initiate

Post by Excessive »

Hello,

I would love to translate all game content to Turkish. I'm a professional software developer who creates multi-language software projects.

Thank you!
skout
Initiate

Post by skout »

I already said this a while ago in another post that probably got buried, but I'd love to help on the (Latin American) Spanish translation.
Sambalici
Initiate

Post by Sambalici »

I work as a english to turkish translator and I love all Fallout/Black Isle games, if there is ever a need for a turkish translator I would like to help.
Astra_Stellari
Initiate

Post by Astra_Stellari »

I'd love to help with the Russian translation. I work as an English-Russian translator, also I have some experience in programming and understand general principles of localization. Well, and I love RPGs and have played a lot of them. :)
Zam
Initiate

Post by Zam »

Hi,
I would like to contribute to Polish translation. Previous PL/ENG interpreting experience including court interpreting. I also used to be World of Warcraft game master for English speaking market. I am also huge fan of turn based games, all of them, not only RP genre.
zerodead
Initiate

Post by zerodead »

Hell Yeah. Count me in, too. If you're not going to go with one of the established localizing teams but instead create a new one, that is.

I wrote an MA thesis about Polish versions of Baldur's Gate and Fallout. I basically criticized most of the work the localizing teams have done so I'd love to get a chance to prove myself as a more worthy translator ;-)

No need to tell you - I'm a big fan of F1 and F2 (excluding F3). Not a big fan of the localized versions, though.

Anyway, can't wait to see W2. Seriously, giving those few bucks to you guys made my day!
BostonLow
Initiate

Post by BostonLow »

Hello everyone,
I would love to help with the european Spanish localization, I completely support this idea! And it's absolutely great to see all these people wanting to help too :D
lee
Initiate

Post by lee »

Hi,

I'm a moderator from Steam Translation Server (turkish group) and as a big fan of post-nuclear rpg (fallout series basically) I want to translate this game. You can contact with me or add your game as third-party product into STS (so every language group can translate it, not just us).

cheers
Shutan
Initiate

Post by Shutan »

Hello !
I'd really enjoy working on the french localization, I'm a big fan of Fallout and post-apocalyptic scenery, I'd love to see this game well translated, so if I can help, count me in !
huangyizhi
Initiate

Post by huangyizhi »

I am willing to do the Chinese version translation~~or precisely, I am more suitable for helping somebody to do the job, since I have no experience of a whole translation project before, is there anyone else who come from China or capable of Chinese?
innershell
Initiate

Post by innershell »

I'd like to help with Ukrainian localization
necrofess
Initiate

Post by necrofess »

innershell wrote:I'd like to help with Ukrainian localization
I'm in for Ukrainian localization. I can give it a lot of time.
Stalinsuperstar
Initiate

Post by Stalinsuperstar »

And what about the voice of NPC in different languages​​ :?:
scout
Novice

Post by scout »

I would like to sign up for localizing the Tagalog language version of Wasteland two. I am a native speaker of english and my wife is a native speaker of Tagalog. Because of the HUGE population of Tagalog speakers who have backed this project, I am offering my support. :) heeeeee! posted to prove a point... but I would take immense pleasure in helping with this task, if available.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
McDondo
Initiate

Post by McDondo »

As many others that posted before me, I am a native Latin American Spanish speaker and an English translator-in-training willing to help with this project. Although there are people who offered to help that are way better qualified than me, I think that this would be a great opportunity to start racking up (serious!) experience in my future profession :)

Cheers!
SirPent
Initiate

Post by SirPent »

I'd like to help with Ukrainian localization.
dmazz
Explorer

Post by dmazz »

Translators who are fans are the best. But if enough of them can't be found, the work spread among fans, whose work is then proofread by the professional translator fans is second best. They put that extra loving care needed for a good translation. I've translated some spanish poetry exceeding the quality of any translation I've ever read, and I think it's due not to my superior language fluency but me caring more about the finished product. (and probably understanding the poetry better)

Translators should also get the chance to play the game before translating.

Many localizations might also mean more sales.

Return to “Wasteland Series News & Announcements”