Localization Sign Up

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Kiljan
Initiate

Re: Localization Sign Up

Post by Kiljan »

Same here. I'd gladly support the Polish translation team as well. ;)
Not yet a graduated translator, but I'm in the middle of a translatorship studies.
As far as general gaming knowledge goes, I'm a huge fan of jrpgs and crpgs alike, and I really dig those post-apocalyptic themes. ;)

Would love to help with the Polish translation, cheers. ;)
FailX
Initiate

Post by FailX »

Hello,
I am another fan volunteering for localisation (French). I have been working in the industry for several years and I would be totally thrilled to give a hand on a project I love! I will definitely keep an eye on this forum to know what's going on :)
A big thanks to Brian Fargo and all his team for taking this huge step, I can't wait to see the wasteland again!
Cheers
Morty
Initiate

Post by Morty »

Hey, folks.
I'd love to take part in the localization process for a German version of WL2. I am an avid gamer, reader and watcher of all things postapocalyptic. Though I may not have professional references, I am more than passionate about games, the English language in general and the obstacles concerning translation in particular. I've been consuming media of all forms mainly in English now for a good twelve years and German is my native language.
So long, Morty
PalPav
Initiate

Post by PalPav »

Sign me up for the Russian translation!
infestor
Explorer

Post by infestor »

as i expected no love from turkish gamers.
"People who get up early in the morning cause war, death and famine."
—Banksy
NotDomo
Initiate

Post by NotDomo »

Hey, I realize that you have mooooore than enough Polish support, especially given Ausir's mention of having a team ready, but I'd like to offer my services as QA for both the English text and the Polish translation.

I'm a native speaker of both Polish and English, and I'm one of those people who has perfect spelling, broad vocabulary, and notices *every single* typo and grammar error in games, books, etc. (Probably due to the huge amount of reading I did as a kid.)

In addition, I've actually taken a 3rd year English Grammar course recently (and technically a Polish course as well), and my current studies consist of studying a bunch of languages (CJK + Russ. + Ger.), Applied Language Studies, and relevant stuff. I'm also technologically competent, having been a Computer Science geek before I switched programs. =)

Thanks,
!Domo
Last edited by NotDomo on March 21st, 2012, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
tongun
Initiate

Post by tongun »

I'd love to take part in the localization process or join an existing team, if there's. (Turkish)
Even though I have no professional translating experience, I think I can handle this. I lived in the USA for some time, and currently I'm studying Computer Science Bachelor's during which you're required to take advanced-level English subject courses which involves reading and writing lots of papers, in an English academic environment, in Turkey.
I had no difficulty comprehending and understanding the dialogs, monologues, objectives while i was playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas. In my opinion, localization not only requires English skills, but more importantly, skill of the language that the game will be translated into. I would be pleased to be a part of this legendary game. Contact me.
htnirbixo
Initiate

Post by htnirbixo »

The moment I learned about this, I rushed to the forum and here I am, humbly attempting to answer the call for turkish gamers in my part.

Having a long history with especially original fallout series and other c-rpg games and serving as a sworn translator at the moment, I'd be more than happy if i could be given a chance in this project. I graduated from american studies program in turkey (then kicked out of m.a.), and have been dealing with English teaching, and freelance English - Turkish translation since then (for about 8 years actually), including working for private English courses and translation offices, taking part in translation of a project management book, localization and translation of a hospitality website as a volunteer, and participation in universiade 2005 (university summer olympics) as an interpreter and translator.

As they once said; "by gamers, for gamers".
balkep
Initiate

Post by balkep »

I would like to help with the Russian localization. I used to be a technical translator for some time, but I'm mostly interested in helping to test localization (make sure dialog lines sound sane enough, proofread descriptions, etc, you got the idea), rather than translating.
Being a programmer, I can also help with technical stuff for localization needs (scripting, etc), if needed.
holydamien
Initiate

Post by holydamien »

Greetings, I am a language and localization professional specialized in Turkish-English (and vice versa) language pairs. I would like to offer my humble help and skills when and where necessary.
janiczek
Initiate

Post by janiczek »

I'd LOVE to be part of Czech localization team!
Julien Buseyne
Initiate

Post by Julien Buseyne »

I’ve already contacted InXile though other means, but I post here for the record.

I’am a native French speaker, a localization professional, a stand-in teacher at the university of Évry Val d’Essonne and a PhD student working on project management methods and localization tools improvements. And as a long standing fan of Interplay, I W A N T to translate this game. Really.

I work since 12/2006 in the video games localization industry (DAoC, WAR, goa.com and much more, including a recently released sci-fi game which name a NDA prevents me from revealing) and I’m commited to make Wasteland 2 a game worth playing in French.

Currently looking for a legit version of Wasteland in French, if such a thing ever existed.
By the way, if it does exist, can inXile use those texts for the sake of continuity or not ?
vnaum
Initiate

Post by vnaum »

sign me up for Russian localization.
I probably will not have enough time to do the translation, but at least I could help with proofreading.
orka90
Initiate

Post by orka90 »

I can help with Russian localization. :)
Leona
Novice

Post by Leona »

Proud backer :D . Would be honored to be part of Wasteland 2 Russian localization team.
Love your games (Fallout, BG, Icewind Dale), never played original Wasteland, but now watching let's play on you tube (to know more about universe). Not a professional translator just big fan of your games and native Russian speaker. I'm located in NJ but thinking about moving to NV (if all works out well).

Hope hearing from you guys
LZ35SRX
Initiate

Post by LZ35SRX »

I'd like to join the Russian Localization team. I'm native Russian speaker, and I'm majoring in Linguistics (English and German). I hope my help will come in handy :)
RamblingRanger
Initiate

Post by RamblingRanger »

Hello all,

I'd like to offer my help with the German localization effort as well. A bit too young for the original Wasteland, I loved and played Fallout 1 - 3 intensively. I've worked in games localization for more than 2 years as a Localization Manager/Coordinator with EA and other companies. During that time I translated my fair share of documentation and ingame texts for various titles and platforms as well as saw to it that they were translated by external parties (localization vendors). I've also particapated in the crowdsourced localization of Myst Online URU.

May the context be with you!
Aleanthus
Initiate

Post by Aleanthus »

Count me in as +1 guy wanting to help with the german translation.
NicoTS74
Initiate

Post by NicoTS74 »

Hello guys.

Like the OP, I´m up for Latin American Spanish localization as well.

Thanks.
Coulis
Initiate

Post by Coulis »

Backer and fan of the original Wasteland. I would like to help with the French localization. Native speaker, I graduated in English a few years ago.

Return to “Wasteland Series News & Announcements”