Localization Sign Up

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Yossi
Initiate

Re: Localization Sign Up

Post by Yossi »

Polish team seems very strong :) Still if more help is needed count me in.
Aldo
Initiate

Post by Aldo »

I'd love to help on the Polish translation. [boasting follows] I've got a BA in Journalism, as well as a CPE certificate (grade 'B'), so hopefully I'm fit to do it!
Marcus_de_Tycho
Initiate

Post by Marcus_de_Tycho »

Hello,
I'm a leader of an unofficial Czech translation of Mass Effect 3. I've also managed fan translation of Dragon Age II, several DLCs for Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2 and some other projects. So I know exactly how much work this can take.

I'm offering my skills and time for this project but only under condition that this translation will have full support from inXile (texts will be available months before game release in some practical form).

I'm also offering our special testing utilities. I'll provide description of those custom made tools on demand. Tool is still under development and I do not want to do it publicly.

If you are interested, please, contact me at project adress da2preklad(át)centrum.cz
Marek Tvrdý
Test & Localization Manager
snowball
Initiate

Post by snowball »

Hello everyone,

I am a graphics designer of a post-nuclear rpg (http://zero-projekt.net/) and seeing Brian Fargo to succeed in funding the development of Wasteland 2 was a real pleasure. As a native speaker in German I can help in localistation too, so if any help is appreciated let me know :)

So far,
snow
Dagnir
Initiate

Post by Dagnir »

Could not find the "information for willing to help" promised in the Kickstarter update #2, so signing in here.

Native Russian + fluent English.

Never worked as a translator in past, but I have some experience in writing (1 year as a freelance writer for an on-line game making company + writing storyline and dialogues for own Fallout 2 mod), so I think I won't let you down. :)
Xerbi999
Initiate

Post by Xerbi999 »

It´d be a pleasure to take my share in this! ...for german translation
Madball357
Acolyte

Post by Madball357 »

snowball wrote:Hello everyone,

I am a graphics designer of a post-nuclear rpg (http://zero-projekt.net/) and seeing Brian Fargo to succeed in funding the development of Wasteland 2 was a real pleasure. As a native speaker in German I can help in localistation too, so if any help is appreciated let me know :)

So far,
snow
Looking good! Keep it up.

Reaper
Initiate

Post by Reaper »

Well, one more russian dude here.
I'd like to help you with localization. I can't say I'm a pro, but I've been translating different things for five years. Most of them were episodic series, but I've participated in the localization of some browser games too.
So I hope I would be of use.
Adamanth
Initiate

Post by Adamanth »

I offer my knowledge to help in the Italian localization.
Part of my daily job is making and proof reading translation from English to Italian

So, please, should you need any help in the Italian localization, count me in! :)
GL1zdA
Initiate

Post by GL1zdA »

+1 for Polish. I have a CAE Grade A, played both Fallout games in English and Polish.
eestlane516
Initiate

Post by eestlane516 »

I could help to translate to Estonian language:P
BfrogCarlsson
Initiate

Post by BfrogCarlsson »

If a Swedish localization teams is considered I would love to help in translating. I am fluent in both Swedish and English. Also i have worked with translating subtitles for a couple of movies on my spare time. As a bonus, my friend and roommate has a bachelor in English literature.
MVViktor
Initiate

Post by MVViktor »

Howdy,

I'm in for the help as well
Polish native speaker, played the fallouts, cae grade a english, quite some experiece translating this and that. I've written some dialogues for computer games as well - if you need help with that as well - hit me.
cheers!
M
Arkejn
Initiate

Post by Arkejn »

I'd like to join Polish translation team. Upper intermediate+ level, using written english all the time, less in speach. I've been translating technical books of clockworks and wooden/brick DIY architecture, even guide of forged iron fences. All books were writeen before 1900's so it was Old English. all freelance contracts :)
Seithecat
Initiate

Post by Seithecat »

Spaniard reporting in.

I loved Wasteland to bits. Rarely have I been so excited about an upcoming game release. Thus, I'd be more than willing to help with the Spanish translation. If there is room for more, please, count me in.

Best regards,
BrainTrigger
Initiate

Post by BrainTrigger »

Add me pls to polish team. I've already done translations for comic and RPG projects.
Ormic
Initiate

Post by Ormic »

It's probably time to open up separate threads for the different languages. While I'm sharing some of the concerns Ausir mentioned on page 2 I'd still be interested to help with the German translation. I've made a living as a professional film translator for the last 7 years and worked on over 200 projects during this time (feature films, short films and documentaries (including docs about nuclear weapons)). Next to that I'm an avid gamer who played the original Wasteland, every Fallout installment and tons of other RPGs and I know about the most common downsides of previous German translations.

The way this is going to work also depends on the final funding sum I guess but I'd be more than glad to take part in the process. As a self-employed subtitle translator I only have a couple of contacts to dubbing studios in the film world and no experience in the professional game development industry. But some friends of mine are working for Yager here in Berlin which might be a good place to ask for help if a higher-budgeted localisation is going to happen.

Regards
Felix
Smejki
Scholar

Post by Smejki »

I can translate the game to Czech (+ Slovaks who understad Czech without problem, ca 15million people in sum).

I have experience with a few professional game localization projects including Fallout New Vegas. Most of them I lead. I also have quite stable team of 3 more people, plus having 6 more available from time to time.
Last edited by Smejki on March 18th, 2012, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modron
Initiate

Post by Modron »

I have a team of Brazilian Portuguese (pt_br) translators. They usually translate comic books and mangas, but I think we can manage. :mrgreen:
Phobos_s
Initiate

Post by Phobos_s »

Ausir wrote:As I've already told Brian Fargo, I have a Polish team of experienced translators ready to work on Wasteland 2. :)
If you are looking for some fresh blood in your team I would be happy to help with translations for the Polish version.
I'm a graduated translator with experience and love for post-apo and cRPG games.

In any case, I would really like to work on Wasteland 2 Polish translations. :)

Return to “Wasteland Series News & Announcements”