Localization Sign Up

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

suz
Adventurer

Re: Localization Sign Up

Post by suz »

They put that extra loving care needed for a good translation.
Indeed, most "professional" Russian localization from superstars aka 1C is so retarded anyone with a basic understanding of the language can see it's machine translated and very often cringe because translation is completely out of whack.

If localization is crowdsourced count me in.
soccerhate
Initiate

Post by soccerhate »

The poorly done Russian localization projects in the past are examples of a very specific attitude to the process; it's always been treated as a side task - no serious ToR, no clear guidelines, just the 'we need this thing in Russian' sort of message across to the Russian counterpart, I suppose. And given a compromised budget of something you've in so far had to market but - whoops - now you have to translate, you just relay it over to your dev boys and let them handle it the best they can. So they do. So we see. So it goes.
dmazz
Explorer

Post by dmazz »

Translations are not created equal. And game translations are not known for their quality. Maybe translation houses don't take games or gamers seriously. Who knows. They certainly don't consider it literature.

If a proven excellent translation group can't be hired, then better to go with the professional/semiprofessional/amateur translator fans online. If it's managed properly it shouldn't have the typical problems with fan translations.
Badunius
Scholar

Post by Badunius »

I'm in for EN -> RU translation
suz wrote:Indeed, most "professional" Russian localization from superstars aka 1C is so retarded
+1)
— Oldfag... / — I'm 37... / — What? / — I'm 37, I'm not old...
Grovilax
Initiate

Post by Grovilax »

I would love to be part of the French localization team. I'm one year away from finishing a Translation degree and would love to kickstart my career by working on a gaming-related contract. I do have a few unrelated contracts under my belt (mostly real-estate stuff), but that's hardly the fun documents I dream of translating.

And, of course, I've been a fan of CRPGs for as long as I can remember.

Translations in games generally have a terrible rep and I would be honored to be part of a team that could perhaps work on changing that.
stille
Initiate

Post by stille »

There probably won't be a Romanian localisation (and you probably shouldn't waste your efforts on it, since most Romanian gamers understand English well enough ), but if you don't have anything better to do with your time, I'd love to help. Native Romanian speaker, btw.
DeS
Initiate

Post by DeS »

I also want to help with the localization of the game on the Russian language, well that now there are people who make these games! Write me if you need translation!
Best regards, DeS.
TΛPETRVE
Master

Post by TΛPETRVE »

Would gladly help with the German localisation. I'm a native German speaker and quite versed in translating both non-fictional and fictional text.
This brotoflatron requires a strul!
veryblackraven
Initiate

Post by veryblackraven »

I would be glad to help with Russian localization. I'm not from Russia though as the most of post-USSRs I know Russian as good as my native language. :)
fakum12
Initiate

Post by fakum12 »

Did a few professional translation from (British) English to German.
I'm in, if there's need.
Elandryl
Acolyte

Post by Elandryl »

If you need a french translator...
I've been reading english since I was 6 -learned english while playing Ultima V. I worked on a few translation projects, all related to Ultima: I was part of the french version of Lazarus, Serpent Isle, and I'm now working on Ultima VII.

If you don't want a translation made by fans, try to find the professionnal team responsible for Planescape Torment's french translation. 'Cause boy did they make a good job.
Mulayim
Initiate

Post by Mulayim »

I'm a translator (I have a degree in translation studies) and a Turkish fan of western rpgs, especially Fallout.I've translated sitcoms, documentaries, movies and books, including the works of Ray Bradbury. Normally I don't like to brag but, hell, gotta say this one; I never miss cultural references in texts and have an extensive knowledge of both rpgs and crpgs. Chances are we will not see a Turkish language option in the game (I don't think a few Turkish aficionados will be enough for that), but if the opportunity present itself, my skills as a translator will be available.
cafeine
Initiate

Post by cafeine »

Elandryl wrote: If you don't want a translation made by fans, try to find the professionnal team responsible for Planescape Torment's french translation. 'Cause boy did they make a good job.
That's a terrific idea, the translation work on PS:T is top notch.
lexicon
Initiate

Post by lexicon »

Hello,
I am a project manager/developer in a -very global (e.g google)- company and would like to contribute in English-Turkish translation.
hakankaraduman
Initiate

Post by hakankaraduman »

i will be glad to help you. i can work on turkish translation.
Cahir
Initiate

Post by Cahir »

Ready to help with Polish localisation.
I have some experience in translating pen&paper RPG's (was a part of team translating D&D 4ed rulebook to Polish, some WotC stuff for polish D&D portal). I'm also huge Fallout fan (finished all titles few times), although never had a chance to play original Wasteland (which I plan to aquire if it will be ever available on GOG).
So, if Your'e interested to have another crew member, count me in:)
dtishin
Initiate

Post by dtishin »

Dear members of InXile team,

Russia has a huge Wasteland and Fallout series fan community, and people are really looking forward to Wasteland 2 here. The Russian gamer audience was about 7 million in 2010 (showing average yearly growth of 19% over 2008 and 2009), supposedly having reached 10 million by end of 2012.

If you plan to cover this market, my company and I will be happy to participate in this awesome project and prepare the Russian version of the game.

As only 4.9% of Russians speak English, localization usually rockets game sales in Russia – according to an Electronic Arts report, localizing even back-catalogue EA titles into Russian showed 407% average increase in sales of these titles. And the 2011 BSA global software piracy study noticed that Russia’s PC software piracy rate has now dropped a record 24 points in the past nine years, so there may be good potential in the Russian market.

A few words about my company.
All Correct Language Solutions (http://www.allcorrectgames.com) is a privately-held company founded in March 2006, based in Samara (Russia), operating globally from Hong Kong. Over 60% of company revenue comes from videogame localization for PC, consoles and handheld devices into 28 target languages. All Correct Language Solutions is an active GALA member, and ranks #8 in the Top 100 language service providers in former USSR countries (http://www.translationrating.ru). The company has localized over 100 game titles, including many RPGs with 300,000 + words of in-game text.

Whatever your decision, I wish you every success with Wasteland 2, and remain your fan,

Demid Tishin
Chief Executive Officer
All Correct Language Solutions
http://www.allcorrectgames.com
Tel. +7 846 3426901, Mobile +7 917 1055196
E-mail: dtishin@allcorrect.ru
VanessaT
Initiate

Post by VanessaT »

What are you using to localize Wasteland? I would suggest this tool for best team work on as many languages as you wish: https://poeditor.com/. It helps by setting one translated language as reference so as all translators can see it and be guided by it.
berkus
Novice

Post by berkus »

Happy to help with Russian localization.

My past works include localizing and fixing localizations in KDE applications (Amarok, Akregator, Konversation).
Have good editor skill, can proofread for speling and, puntuation mistkaes. ;)
Lehti
Initiate

Post by Lehti »

Good day everybody,
I'm willing to help with the Italian translation.

I have some previous experiences in the field of localization. as of now I localised two Android apps (BackupYourMobile and Zombies and Trains) and an adventure game for the pc titled asa:a space adventure.
Currently, I'm working with the Germany based developer daedalic entertainment to translate their the night of the Rabbit, and next I'm going to do Actual sunlight.
I am also in touch with another indie developer named kisareth studio to work with them as well.
in addition to that, I'm graduating in linguistics with a thesis about acronymization.
if you want any evidence of my works, feel free to ask.

Return to “Wasteland Series News & Announcements”