Wasteland 3 Update #15: After the Blast

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

sear
Developer

Wasteland 3 Update #15: After the Blast

Post by sear » November 4th, 2016, 11:40 am

Hello all!

Today's update on Fig is a bit of a post-campaign cleanup, going over a few questions about pledges, when you will get your bonus games, ongoing crowdfunding, and so on. You can find the full details at the link, but for now, we have a game to work on!

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland- ... 11#updates
Of course, many of you are waiting for free game keys or extras from our campaign. Like our past crowdfunding campaigns, it takes a bit of time to finalize and process pledges and give people a chance to resolve any payment errors or other issues. After that grace period has ended, we will export the information from Fig's database and move it to our backer system. Once we're done processing everything, we'll send you all an email letting you know how to confirm your pledge details with us and claim any available digital rewards. At this point, you will also be able to further customize your pledge with add-ons and upgrades if you wish. We'll move on this as fast as we can and will let you know as soon as we have more news!

Speaking of pledge processing: Fig tries to verify payment info using Stripe when you first select your reward, so that things go smoothly at the end of the campaign once pledges are collected. However, a few of you may have received an email from Fig saying they couldn't collect your pledge. In this case, you should have been given instructions via email on how to resolve that. For further assistance on any pledge processing issues, please reach out to Fig at their help page, or email help@fig.co directly.

The Road Ahead

So what comes next? Now that the dust is settling, we have a game to make! Launching a crowdfunding campaign is a bit like launching a game, with huge sprints of planning and effort from all parts of the team right to the very end. As a result, Wasteland 3 is already in a great early state, and now we will be doubling down on pre-production, getting as much design, writing, world-building, lore, and concepting on the road as humanly possible. As those pre-production efforts start coming to a close, developers from the Torment team will roll onto Wasteland 3, taking that groundwork forward into full development... and that's where the fun really begins.

marceror
Adventurer

Re: Wasteland 3 Update #15: After the Blast

Post by marceror » November 4th, 2016, 8:13 pm

Congrats on the successful campaign inXile.

Is it still possible to get the $5 backer discount? I pledged right at the end, and didn't immediately remember to use the link that was sent. And when I tried an hour or so after the campaign ended the option was available.

Not the end of the world if not, but I at least thought I'd double check. Thanks.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » November 5th, 2016, 11:46 am

marceror wrote:Congrats on the successful campaign inXile.

Is it still possible to get the $5 backer discount? I pledged right at the end, and didn't immediately remember to use the link that was sent. And when I tried an hour or so after the campaign ended the option was available.

Not the end of the world if not, but I at least thought I'd double check. Thanks.
You will want to reach out to help@fig.co, assuming the pledge was done on Fig. If it's CrowdOx, you can contact us at support@inxile.net

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » November 6th, 2016, 7:35 am

I don't think I ever received a discount code at all. But then again, I didn't really go out of my way to look for it. So, eh. :)

sear
Developer

Post by sear » November 6th, 2016, 7:37 am

SagaDC wrote:I don't think I ever received a discount code at all. But then again, I didn't really go out of my way to look for it. So, eh. :)
It was sent via email to backers of our previous games - if you didn't get it, it was available on all of our backer web sites on your main account page.

Not sure if the code is usable still, but as mentioned above, you may be able to contact Fig for assistance.