Wasteland 3 Announced, Coming to Fig October 5th

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

commissar
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 3 Announced, Coming to Fig October 5th

Post by commissar » October 1st, 2016, 11:19 pm

Stripe doesn-t have my country as an option. So I can't pledge? No paypal from beginning?

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » October 2nd, 2016, 5:39 am

commissar wrote:Stripe doesn-t have my country as an option. So I can't pledge? No paypal from beginning?
From what I understand, PayPal is most commonly offered for "slacker backer" pledges after a campaign is already concluded. This is because PayPal doesn't support the purchase of intangible goods (in this case, a game that has been pitched but not yet confirmed to be in development). This may be why InXile has not yet offered it for the Wasteland 3 crowdfunding campaign - at least not yet.

It may also have something to do with Paypal adding "Crowdfunding" to the list of things that are no longer covered by purchase protection. That's a change that was made to the PayPal policy as of four months ago.

Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 » October 2nd, 2016, 10:24 am

hmm, hope paypal will, as soon as Wasteland 3 is funded (not that the campaign has ended, just that it reached its funding goal), be available just as it was with Wasteland 2 and Torment.
There were also a paypal option, after the funding goal was reached.
So i hope this is still possible when Wasteland 3 is funded.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 2nd, 2016, 11:58 am

It's certainly possible that Paypal will eventually be an option, but any holdup is likely to be on Paypal's end, not Fig's.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

commissar
Initiate

Post by commissar » October 3rd, 2016, 12:54 am

SagaDC wrote:
commissar wrote:Stripe doesn-t have my country as an option. So I can't pledge? No paypal from beginning?
From what I understand, PayPal is most commonly offered for "slacker backer" pledges after a campaign is already concluded. This is because PayPal doesn't support the purchase of intangible goods (in this case, a game that has been pitched but not yet confirmed to be in development). This may be why InXile has not yet offered it for the Wasteland 3 crowdfunding campaign - at least not yet.

It may also have something to do with Paypal adding "Crowdfunding" to the list of things that are no longer covered by purchase protection. That's a change that was made to the PayPal policy as of four months ago.
I checked again. It seems restriction I was talking about is only for receiving money. It seems I can pledge by giving credit card number without any problem.

Centaur
Initiate

Post by Centaur » October 5th, 2016, 1:52 am

Looks like they received additional investment. Yesterday the FIG page said there was around $1,4M remaining. Now it says only $1,055,000 remaining. That should be an easy target for the backers...

commissar
Initiate

Post by commissar » October 5th, 2016, 3:52 am

easy...

They better have some stretch goals ready.

DarthDavy
Initiate

Post by DarthDavy » October 5th, 2016, 6:29 am

I recieved an email saying I'll receive a special loyalty discount of $5 USD towards any tier. Will we receive this when the campaign launches? Would be nice to use on an early bird tier. ;)

Centaur
Initiate

Post by Centaur » October 5th, 2016, 6:45 am

DarthDavy wrote:I recieved an email saying I'll receive a special loyalty discount of $5 USD towards any tier. Will we receive this when the campaign launches? Would be nice to use on an early bird tier. ;)
Yeah, I hope the email with that discount is in our mailboxes before the campaign launches, instead of being sent out "when the campaign launches"... because in the latter case, the early birds would miss out on the discount.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 5th, 2016, 7:42 am

Centaur wrote:
DarthDavy wrote:I recieved an email saying I'll receive a special loyalty discount of $5 USD towards any tier. Will we receive this when the campaign launches? Would be nice to use on an early bird tier. ;)
Yeah, I hope the email with that discount is in our mailboxes before the campaign launches, instead of being sent out "when the campaign launches"... because in the latter case, the early birds would miss out on the discount.
We're sending the coupons the second it goes live. Unfortunately we can't send them before it does because then the codes'll break. You won't have long to wait though. :)

Also, as a backup, you should be able to find your code on the Torment backer account page in case you don't get your email (only if you are a returning backer who's pledged to one of our games before). That widget should appear when the campaign goes live.

Centaur
Initiate

Post by Centaur » October 5th, 2016, 7:53 am

@sear
Thanks for the info. Counting down... ;)

DarthDavy
Initiate

Post by DarthDavy » October 5th, 2016, 7:57 am

sear wrote:
Centaur wrote:
We're sending the coupons the second it goes live. Unfortunately we can't send them before it does because then the codes'll break. You won't have long to wait though. :)

Also, as a backup, you should be able to find your code on the Torment backer account page in case you don't get your email (only if you are a returning backer who's pledged to one of our games before). That widget should appear when the campaign goes live.
Thx for the info! :P

commissar
Initiate

Post by commissar » October 5th, 2016, 8:02 am

sear wrote:
Centaur wrote:

Can they be used after wasteland 3 pledge ($25) is made?

DarthDavy
Initiate

Post by DarthDavy » October 5th, 2016, 8:07 am

commissar wrote:
sear wrote:
Centaur wrote:

Can they be used after wasteland 3 pledge ($25) is made?
Probably, because it's an extra that you add to your pledge. It's just as an extra that doesn't cost money, but saves you money, so you can probably add it later while managing your pledge.

Centaur
Initiate

Post by Centaur » October 5th, 2016, 8:13 am

Pledged. And yeah, I used the link from the Bard's Tale IV backer page, as I (still) haven't received the email yet.

On a sidenote, I see they moved up the goal a bit... to $2,750,000. That should still be possible, right guys? Just give us a few days :)

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 5th, 2016, 8:21 am

Centaur wrote: On a sidenote, I see they moved up the goal a bit... to $2,750,000. That should still be possible, right guys? Just give us a few days :)
The 2.25 was the investment cap. The funding goal was planned to be 2.75 from the start. :)

renival
Initiate

Post by renival » October 5th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Wonderful news!

Nexus
Acolyte

Post by Nexus » October 5th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Still fuzzy on fig, you need a combo on investment+pledges over 2.75 million, but no more than 2.25 million can come from investors?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 5th, 2016, 7:55 pm

Since investors are, essentially, getting shares, it makes sense to limit them to cap the amount of outlay inXile has to supply.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » October 12th, 2016, 9:59 am

so here is the thing, i tried to figure out how but i can not currently support you guys in any of the tiers above the first, which makes me sad but hell.

so can you guarantee that i can get the Digital Copy Tier (at least) after the campaign for the same price via your Portal? The Psychonauts 2 Fig campaign had issues regarding backers after the campaign due to the investors.

i didnt back WL2 back when it had its KS and it would make me sad if i would have to miss this one. Well the worst that can happen is that i buy it when it releases (and i can opt out if it is, as unlikely as it is, not something i would want to have)