Wasteland 2 Backer Forum Badges are Now Available

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

sear
Developer

Wasteland 2 Backer Forum Badges are Now Available

Post by sear » November 24th, 2015, 7:00 pm

Hello everyone,

Today we have a small gift for all our Wasteland 2 backers. Everyone who has backed and receives Wasteland 2 with their pledge reward also receives an exclusive Wasteland 2 backer forum badge!

To get your forum badge, please log in with your Wasteland 2 backer account (https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/user/private), then visit the Rewards page and click the "Badge" tab that appears on the Rewards page (https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment. ... te/rewards). You'll then be prompted to select your forum account email and be given a special key. Use that key on the forum page as indicated, and you'll be able to proudly display your Wasteland 2 forum badge on your forum posts!

Remember that you will need to have your forum account email linked to your Wasteland 2 backer account for the key to work, since the key is tied to your forum email address - you can link up your email as needed by visiting the Email Addresses page of the Wasteland 2 backer site.

This comes on request from our forum community, and since we had already built the tech for The Bard's Tale IV, it made sense to roll out to our other games. Enjoy!

Lucius
Master

Re: Wasteland 2 Backer Forum Badges are Now Available

Post by Lucius » November 25th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Sweet thanks!

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » November 25th, 2015, 7:29 pm

The badges could do being a little smaller, they're a bit indulgent as is.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » December 2nd, 2015, 12:21 pm

Crosmando wrote:The badges could do being a little smaller, they're a bit indulgent as is.
Seconded ... they do take up a lot of space, and in some cases they make posts vertically larger than they need to be, necessitating extra scrolling. (Look at Crosmando's post above this one. It's over twice as tall as it should be!)

Would be nice for them to be tucked into a space that doesn't bloat post dimensions ...

But in any case, they're cool, thanks team :)

Gruftlord
Explorer

Post by Gruftlord » December 2nd, 2015, 1:26 pm

Zombra wrote:
Crosmando wrote:The badges could do being a little smaller, they're a bit indulgent as is.
and in some cases they make posts vertically larger than they need to be, necessitating extra scrolling. (Look at Crosmando's post above this one. It's over twice as tall as it should be!)
you should try to look at the forum from a mobile device, now that's some additional scrolling. (it's not a sidebar, but a header for each post)

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » December 2nd, 2015, 1:27 pm

Don't be surprised if they do change at some point in the future. ;)

Also they are being hidden on small screens now [you might need to hard refresh your browser].
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

MrMoe
Explorer

Post by MrMoe » December 3rd, 2015, 12:13 am

make them smaller, same width as portraits ?

Acid
Scholar

Post by Acid » December 15th, 2015, 1:14 am

What if I got torment through backing Bard's Tale IV do I get a badge for it, or just for Bards Tale IV i'm guessing?

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » December 15th, 2015, 1:19 am

Acid wrote:What if I got torment through backing Bard's Tale IV do I get a badge for it, or just for Bards Tale IV i'm guessing?
Just BTIV, the same applied to me with WL2, I got WL2 through my pledge on Torment, so I'm not officially a backer of WL2.

Cabola
Initiate

Post by Cabola » January 21st, 2016, 8:43 am

very nice thank you!

DarthDavy
Initiate

Post by DarthDavy » January 21st, 2016, 9:10 am

Great, just found out about these badges!