Director's Cut Hotfix Released on PC

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

sear
Developer

Director's Cut Hotfix Released on PC

Post by sear » November 12th, 2015, 2:43 pm

Today, we're pleased to release a new Wasteland 2: Director's Cut update for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. This is a small hotfix release, and primarily corrects a memory leak some users were experiencing.

The update is out on Steam and will be available on other stores such as GOG.com shortly.

As usual, if you run into issues with the game not running after the update, the first thing to do is verify your game cache files to ensure the update was downloaded and installed correctly. Instructions here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

Release Notes:
  • Updated engine to Unity 5.2.2p2. This is a patch release of the engine and fixes a memory leak issue with dynamic shadows.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Director's Cut Hotfix Released on PC

Post by Drool » November 13th, 2015, 12:41 pm

So we AMD users can turn shadows back on?
Alwa nasci korliri das.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » November 13th, 2015, 4:12 pm

Drool wrote:So we AMD users can turn shadows back on?
The issue was never tied to AMD specifically, but yes, this should resolve the memory leak with shadows.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » November 14th, 2015, 11:52 am

I've to say I'm positively surprised with this hotfix. I'm playing the game on Linux, and I was getting some regular segfault/crash during area loading before, didn't get one since the new patch. It wasn't that bad since it was at area loading, so I could easily save before and reload, but it was still a bit painful, and I'm glad it's fixed.

HFMudd
Initiate

Post by HFMudd » November 17th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Even after all of the patches and updates are applied, I still get Out of Memory crashes - and ONLY in the character / inventory screens.
I have the GOG version, w/ 4 GB of memory. All drivers up-to-date. I have tried all the DX switch suggestions and etc. I have closed down all unneeded services and etc. Nothing has a positive effect on the issue. I have about 1GB in use when starting the game and it shoots up to almost 4 GB used in just a few seconds in the inventory and or character screens.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » November 18th, 2015, 10:06 am

HFMudd wrote:Even after all of the patches and updates are applied, I still get Out of Memory crashes - and ONLY in the character / inventory screens.
I have the GOG version, w/ 4 GB of memory. All drivers up-to-date. I have tried all the DX switch suggestions and etc. I have closed down all unneeded services and etc. Nothing has a positive effect on the issue. I have about 1GB in use when starting the game and it shoots up to almost 4 GB used in just a few seconds in the inventory and or character screens.
Please get in touch with us at support@inxile.net. It'd be good to get game logs and a DxDiag report from you so we can take a closer look.

4 GB is on the lower side, but unless you have a ton of background programs running eating up 2-3 GB of RAM you probably shouldn't be getting out of memory crashes.

The only other thing I can think of off-hand is that if your are using a laptop or a computer that otherwise has an integrated or mobile GPU, it won't have dedicated video memory, and that means the game is using your RAM instead of video RAM. Officially, we don't support mobile GPUs for this reason -they tend to have no VRAM which means they have to eat into the system RAM to load graphics assets. In such a case you'd probably want 6 or 8 GB of RAM).