Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Patch 1 Release Notes (PC Build 92309)

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Re: Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Patch 1 Release Notes (PC Build 92309)

Post by IHaveHugeNick » November 5th, 2015, 4:30 am

No thank you, new font is just about 2000000% better. Could make it optional since that seems to be divisive issue.
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

bluestealth
Novice

Post by bluestealth » November 5th, 2015, 4:48 am

Yay! Thank you Sear & co.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » November 5th, 2015, 6:31 am

Ray wrote:I exported a character but it won't show in the Ranger selection menu afterwards?

Funny thing is that the old non-DC character files could still be loaded before the patch, but now no saved char is there anymore. The new exported *.char file is correctly in the MyGames\Wasteland2DC\Characters directory.
Did you check the bottom of the list? I believe they just all go on the bottom instead of the top.

Ray
Scholar

Post by Ray » November 5th, 2015, 7:13 am

sear wrote:
Ray wrote:I exported a character but it won't show in the Ranger selection menu afterwards?

Funny thing is that the old non-DC character files could still be loaded before the patch, but now no saved char is there anymore. The new exported *.char file is correctly in the MyGames\Wasteland2DC\Characters directory.
Did you check the bottom of the list? I believe they just all go on the bottom instead of the top.
I deleted my old non-DC character saves from the directory, and now I see newly exported characters down there in the list.
Looks like the patch has changed something with char file reading. Shame on me for messing up the game with old non-compatible character saves! I'm glad it works now. :oops: :D

b00m
Initiate

Post by b00m » November 5th, 2015, 10:20 am

Any word as to when the patch will become available on GOG?

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » November 5th, 2015, 10:25 am

b00m wrote:Any word as to when the patch will become available on GOG?
As usual GOG will take one or two days to build their own installers, do some testing/QA, so probably tomorrow, at worst like on monday.

Cheepnis
Initiate

Post by Cheepnis » November 5th, 2015, 10:38 am

Will I have to start a new game after the patch? Or will my missing party members just show up in the Citadel Cafeteria?

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » November 5th, 2015, 10:44 am

Cheepnis wrote:Will I have to start a new game after the patch? Or will my missing party members just show up in the Citadel Cafeteria?
According to this post viewtopic.php?p=162868#p162868 you shouldn't need to start a new game, but I didn't try (didn't even get the bug myself, I don't switch party members often).

waltc
Scholar

Re: Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Patch 1 Release Notes (PC)

Post by waltc » November 6th, 2015, 8:03 am

IHaveHugeNick wrote:Nicely done, but seriously, that list of fixes is embarrasingly long, for what was supposed to be the ultimate ultra-polished final edition of the game.

I get that such thing as bug-free software doesn't exist, but wow.
This is far more than "ultra-polish"...it's "Ultra-new-engine" and adds new features and balancing to the game, etc. ad infinitum. As someone else mentioned, it's more like a new game that bears only a superficial resemblance to the original. My reaction is the opposite of yours as such a short list is a credit to the game, imo--anytime you "fix" things there's a risk that something unintentional may break, and sometimes "fixing" one thing is like knocking over a long row of dominoes--which you have to patiently right, one by one. The DC is quite a feather in their cap, actually, as opposed to being "embarrassing"...People have strange notions about software and what it is "supposed" to be, I guess. Rarely is it what they think it is, apparently.

Not only that, but if this was UbiSoft, for instance, the DC would never have been made and they'd have pulled the plug on patching three to six months after the game shipped, and if bugs remained, well, too bad. Quite a difference with inXile.

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » November 6th, 2015, 8:46 am

waltc wrote: This is far more than "ultra-polish"...it's "Ultra-new-engine" and adds new features and balancing to the game, etc. ad infinitum. As someone else mentioned, it's more like a new game that bears only a superficial resemblance to the original. My reaction is the opposite of yours as such a short list is a credit to the game, imo--anytime you "fix" things there's a risk that something unintentional may break, and sometimes "fixing" one thing is like knocking over a long row of dominoes--which you have to patiently right, one by one. The DC is quite a feather in their cap, actually, as opposed to being "embarrassing"...People have strange notions about software and what it is "supposed" to be, I guess. Rarely is it what they think it is, apparently.

Not only that, but if this was UbiSoft, for instance, the DC would never have been made and they'd have pulled the plug on patching three to six months after the game shipped, and if bugs remained, well, too bad. Quite a difference with inXile.
Please. Lets stop pretending like they've somehow made the whole game from scratch. Its not a new engine. Its a new version of old engine. Whole different bag of dicks.

And I understand perfectly well how software development works. I also understand how mechanically complicated RPGs are. Forum regulars might remember, that for these reasons exactly I defended Wasteland 2's original clusterfuck of a launch. The only reason that game was even playable, is because open-ended quest design allowed you to bypass the bugs. But that's okay, its an ambitious RPG on an epic scale. Shit happens, and within few months the game was okay.

But revamped version barely working for a month after release? Sorry, that's not the standards of quality I can accept. And no, being free is not an excuse. I seriously hope they get their shit together with Torment, because I doubt the community will continue to be as forgiving for much longer. One buggy game can be hand waved as accident. Two buggy games is a pattern, and once you get the reputation for releasing broken products, it will never go away.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » November 6th, 2015, 1:31 pm

IHaveHugeNick wrote:Please. Lets stop pretending like they've somehow made the whole game from scratch. Its not a new engine. Its a new version of old engine. Whole different bag of dicks.
A new _major_ version of the engine, which introduces many non-negligible changes, and they actually rewrote significant part of the code to use the new features offered.
IHaveHugeNick wrote:But revamped version barely working for a month after release?
Hello ? The game was playable and more than "barely" working at release. A few nasty bugs (like the disappearing NPC), but not really game-breaking. I've been playing the DC as launched, enjoyed it a lot, and many people are in my situation. If that's "barely working", there aren't many games which are more than "barely working". And the patch was released less than one month after release, and fixed all the major issues.
IHaveHugeNick wrote:I seriously hope they get their shit together with Torment, because I doubt the community will continue to be as forgiving for much longer. One buggy game can be hand waved as accident. Two buggy games is a pattern, and once you get the reputation for releasing broken products, it will never go away.
No major CRPG (especially with open-ended quests) will be bug-free at release. That didn't happen and won't happen. Just wait a month or two after release if you're that picky - and that's it. Not a big deal at all.

chargrilled
Acolyte

Post by chargrilled » November 6th, 2015, 1:32 pm

so they didnt bother fixing the ag center pod disease bug, where you could get reinfected then. like they said they had already done in internal builds in tech forums posts.
*sigh.*

in other news, divinity original sin works perfectly.

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » November 6th, 2015, 1:42 pm

kilobug wrote: A new _major_ version of the engine, which introduces many non-negligible changes, and they actually rewrote significant part of the code to use the new features offered.
Yes but new engine it is not.
kilobug wrote: Hello ? The game was playable and more than "barely" working at release.
No, it was not. The Luck thing alone was completely game breaking. I've had to put my entire playthrough on hold, as I've made Luck heavy builds to try something else this time. Having to not play at all so my characters don't get fucked, is a definition of game breaking.
kilobug wrote: No major CRPG (especially with open-ended quests) will be bug-free at release.
Except its not a release. Its a rerelease.

DukeofLongShaft
Initiate

Post by DukeofLongShaft » November 6th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Not game breaking?I can't progress in the game because the door in the citadel doesn't open= arizona only, I haven't been able to play since the first week I bought it. Not to mention disappearing members and there disappearing perks amongst other bugs.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » November 6th, 2015, 4:16 pm

DukeofLongShaft wrote:Not game breaking?I can't progress in the game because the door in the citadel doesn't open= arizona only, I haven't been able to play since the first week I bought it. Not to mention disappearing members and there disappearing perks amongst other bugs.
That issue is fixed on PC and the console patch that addresses those issues (and more) is coming out hopefully early next week. Sorry for the inconvenience you've had. :)

Hubert Cumberdale
Initiate

Post by Hubert Cumberdale » November 6th, 2015, 6:23 pm

i have seen a lot of stuff on internets, but someone whining about bugs in a patch thread that says they are fixed is a whole new experience for me

BobRudell
Initiate

Post by BobRudell » November 6th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Thanks for getting this out! Citadel fixed and on my way to Titan.

Majek
Initiate

Post by Majek » November 7th, 2015, 4:24 am

I've tried to play DC a few times but the new dialogue font just drives me away every time. I just can't stand it.

MRBAZER
Initiate

Post by MRBAZER » November 7th, 2015, 7:21 am

DukeofLongShaft wrote:Not game breaking?I can't progress in the game because the door in the citadel doesn't open= arizona only, I haven't been able to play since the first week I bought it. Not to mention disappearing members and there disappearing perks amongst other bugs.
I also cannot get in that door thus being stuck in Arizona.

I hope it gets approved soon, I can't wait to get playing again.

tal3234
Acolyte

Post by tal3234 » November 7th, 2015, 9:22 am

Majek wrote:I've tried to play DC a few times but the new dialogue font just drives me away every time. I just can't stand it.
Same here..

It is also a disaster when you point your squad ... bar lives .... oh shit ... and enemies are always .... oh shit ...
/ spit

and in combat they are always active .... oh my god ...

sorry for my bad enghlis :lol:
(It is better than the DC) :lol: :lol: