Director's Cut Patch Status Update

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

bokkie
Novice

Re: Director's Cut Patch Status Update

Post by bokkie » October 31st, 2015, 1:28 pm

Gizmo wrote:Is it now (at this point) infeasible to implement in a later patch, the postponing of a turn ~just as was done in temple of Elemental Evil?
Would be nice! One of the things I thought of when I first played the game but after a while, you forget these kind of things and you work with what you've got... :)

Aeradom
Acolyte

Post by Aeradom » October 31st, 2015, 10:45 pm

Thank you for the status update. Seeing as it's soon, I think I'll just hold off for a few days.

ssxiv
Initiate

Post by ssxiv » November 1st, 2015, 9:25 am

I'm really hoping this patch goes live this coming week.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

G3neralVargas
Initiate

Post by G3neralVargas » November 1st, 2015, 4:52 pm

I own the console version and I'd like to see in a new patch more customization for the new recruits, I mean portraits, clothes, faces, haircuts, hats etc.. The portrait selection pales against the pc version and I really want to have more options in my character creation. Thanks for the update info, dismissed.

MRBAZER
Initiate

Post by MRBAZER » November 3rd, 2015, 4:15 am

I can't open the door in Ranger Citadel meaning I can't speak to Vargas (therefore not being able to progress).

Hopeful the patch will be ready this week?

Bovrillor
Novice

Post by Bovrillor » November 3rd, 2015, 7:31 am

G3neralVargas wrote:I own the console version and I'd like to see in a new patch more customization for the new recruits, I mean portraits, clothes, faces, haircuts, hats etc.. The portrait selection pales against the pc version and I really want to have more options in my character creation. Thanks for the update info, dismissed.
Pretty much what this guy said, particularly; is there any chance of extra/new portraits for Rangers on console?

It's an issue many of us are concerned about, since there's no point in us actually playing the game until we know the answer.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14472

Appreciate the status update, but this is the burning question for us console luddites!

Bao
Initiate

Post by Bao » November 3rd, 2015, 8:49 am

I wonder why they don't mention fixing the bug of not being able to save your custom rangers.
That is the first thing that prevented me from starting to play the director's cut.

Hudson
Initiate

Post by Hudson » November 4th, 2015, 7:02 am

Awesome!!! Thanks for the update, can't wait to get back to the wastes!
“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” - Calvin & Hobbes

Hudson
Initiate

Post by Hudson » November 4th, 2015, 7:07 am

Bovrillor wrote:
G3neralVargas wrote:I own the console version and I'd like to see in a new patch more customization for the new recruits, I mean portraits, clothes, faces, haircuts, hats etc.. The portrait selection pales against the pc version and I really want to have more options in my character creation. Thanks for the update info, dismissed.
Pretty much what this guy said, particularly; is there any chance of extra/new portraits for Rangers on console?

It's an issue many of us are concerned about, since there's no point in us actually playing the game until we know the answer.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14472

Appreciate the status update, but this is the burning question for us console luddites!
I was wondering the same thing, I'm only to assume that they would want to get the bug fixes out of the way first however I would love this extra customization along with a ton of more portraits.

The only problem for me is that I'm already about 60% and 25 hours into the game on PS4, I assume a respec/redo token or feature is out of the question?
“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” - Calvin & Hobbes

Bovrillor
Novice

Post by Bovrillor » November 5th, 2015, 11:01 am

Bao wrote:I wonder why they don't mention fixing the bug of not being able to save your custom rangers.
That is the first thing that prevented me from starting to play the director's cut.
You're in luck. Patch notes have just been published, saving custom rangers is now enabled (along with all the obvious bug fixes):

https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment. ... view&id=28

No sign of improvements on the console portraits issue though.

Krampf
Initiate

Post by Krampf » November 5th, 2015, 4:38 pm

I (unfortunately) purchased the game through the Mac Game Store, and it always takes them an incredibly long time to post patches and updates. Is there any other way that I can get the new patch?