Director's Cut Patch Status Update

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

sear
Developer

Director's Cut Patch Status Update

Post by sear » October 29th, 2015, 3:12 pm

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut is now a couple of weeks out from its (very!) successful launch on consoles and PC. However, after release, we became aware of a handful of bugs and issues left in the game, and a number of our community members have been asking "when is the next update coming?"

The answer is, very soon! The update is currently going through its final rounds of QA and we're getting a few final fixes added. We do not have an ETA just yet, but we will let you know as soon as we can.

Since we don't want to leave you hanging without further information, we thought we'd give you a sneak peek of the changes. Please note, this is only the highlights, and not the final list.
  • Fixed companions not spawning correctly at HQ after dismissing them
  • Fixed disappearing perks on companions after dismissing them
  • Fixed inability to open doors in Ranger Citadel and Ag Center Central Compex after using Examine while playing with a controller
  • Fixed Meson Cannon not properly firing on the player
  • Fixed voice-over lines not playing in some conditions after returning to a location
  • Fixed a bug which could cause Precision Strikes with melee attacks to not apply correctly in certain conditions
  • Fixed a bug with Rangers sometimes running in place when conversation or cutscene stopped them
  • Fixed a bug which could sometimes prevent selecting certain skills in the Skills screen while playing with a controller
  • Fixed a bug which could sometimes cause the Skills Radial menu to only show Lockpicking as a valid option while playing with a controller
  • Improvements to voice-over 2D/3D sound positioning in conversations and barks
We also plan to release a second PC hotfix shortly after the first patch goes out. This will be a hotfix to address a PC-specific memory leak issue. Since this fix requires a Unity engine update, and will require more extensive testing, we felt it best to put out the PC patch first, followed by the hotfix once we've verified it's good to go.

Thank you for your patience, and we'll have more news soon!

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Re: Director's Cut Patch Status Update

Post by Gizmo » October 29th, 2015, 4:50 pm

Is it now (at this point) infeasible to implement in a later patch, the postponing of a turn ~just as was done in temple of Elemental Evil?

BobRudell
Initiate

Post by BobRudell » October 29th, 2015, 5:21 pm

Will patch be for new games only or will saved games be fixed? I have both the missing NPC characters and broken Rick Baychowski problems. Playing on PC. Loved Wasteland 2 and was really looking forward to DC version...but hopelessly broken at this point.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 29th, 2015, 5:52 pm

BobRudell wrote:Will patch be for new games only or will saved games be fixed? I have both the missing NPC characters and broken Rick Baychowski problems. Playing on PC. Loved Wasteland 2 and was really looking forward to DC version...but hopelessly broken at this point.
The fixes shouldn't require a new game to take effect.

bluestealth
Novice

Post by bluestealth » October 30th, 2015, 3:29 am

Will today be the day? :3

Please oh pretty please

Moonshadow101
Novice

Post by Moonshadow101 » October 30th, 2015, 8:41 am

He's said it won't be this week.

Which I interpret to mean "We're targeting next week, but not promising anything just in case something bad comes up and delays it."

Acid
Scholar

Post by Acid » October 30th, 2015, 9:23 am

Found a bug, when I save my game in an area where I've just wiped out all the enemy, and load that game up again later on, the enemy I've already killed reappear, this happened to me before wl2:dc release as well. Anyone else had this happen?, hopefully they can fix this.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 30th, 2015, 9:32 am

Acid wrote:Found a bug, when I save my game in an area where I've just wiped out all the enemy, and load that game up again later on, the enemy I've already killed reappear, this happened to me before wl2:dc release as well. Anyone else had this happen?, hopefully they can fix this.
We actually just found this issue this morning. We received sporadic reports of this in the original game too but could never reproduce it and by sheer coincidence our testing team found it earlier today.

This issue only appears to happen with specific encounters, and only if you manually save over your Autosave slot, then load it before another Autosave is made. So don't do that and you're fine (we're still looking into fixing it though).

The reason we probably never found it was that the number of people who manually save over their Autosave slot and then load it up is very low, and they never specified they did this when we did ask them for steps on how to reproduce the issue. Those who save over their Autosave manually do so as a matter of playstyle, and thus tend to see it pretty often, but most players will never have this issue.

Of course, if you are seeing this some other way, let me know.

Acid
Scholar

Post by Acid » October 30th, 2015, 9:39 am

Thanks for finding the problem, I do tend to save over autosaves, usually have about 4 save slots (including the autosave) i'll remember not to save over Autosaves from now on.

RocksParty
Initiate

Post by RocksParty » October 30th, 2015, 10:47 am

any chances unique weapons getting onceover os they are on pare with rebalanced standard weapons in this patch, or even later?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 30th, 2015, 12:55 pm

sear wrote:[*]Fixed a bug with Rangers sometimes running in place when conversation or cutscene stopped them
Heheh... this reminds me of a bug I ran into the other day. When I was talking to Vargas in the Citadel for the first time, he started spazzing out in his chair like he was being shocked by his chair. Or really had to pee.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

PiPboy
Explorer

Post by PiPboy » October 30th, 2015, 3:30 pm

Will the NPC's get a Re-Re Makeover so their 3D models actually look like their portraits ( again ) and not like a character with a really bad Fake ID?
{ Mat Forestal \ Rose \ 99% of NPCs in game ]
DC stands for Definitive Console Edition - Directors Cut was a misnomer.
My Silent protest to PC Unfriendly UI changes.

Acid
Scholar

Post by Acid » October 30th, 2015, 10:45 pm

Couple of things I'd like to see added to the game, like you said above make the character models look more like there portrait (Scotchmo with a grey beard would've been good) and not just NPC's but your own characters, let us have more options in customization so we make our rangers look more like our portraits.

The other thing allow us to bury our Ranger's when they die, when it comes up with the "..... has died in combat and will be remembered" give us an option that says do you want to bury them or have the rangers pick them up (not your squad) and take them back to Ranger Citadel to be buried there like with Ace. Also let us pick up there Ranger star when they die. This may seem insignificant but its these small details that I like in games.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » October 31st, 2015, 1:21 am

Acid wrote: The other thing allow us to bury our Ranger's when they die, when it comes up with the "..... has died in combat and will be remembered" give us an option that says do you want to bury them or have the rangers pick them up (not your squad) and take them back to Ranger Citadel to be buried there like with Ace. Also let us pick up there Ranger star when they die. This may seem insignificant but its these small details that I like in games.
But what gameplay point does that serve? Seems like a bunch of mucking around for nothing.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Gruftlord
Explorer

Post by Gruftlord » October 31st, 2015, 1:47 am

Crosmando wrote:
Acid wrote: The other thing allow us to bury our Ranger's when they die, when it comes up with the "..... has died in combat and will be remembered" give us an option that says do you want to bury them or have the rangers pick them up (not your squad) and take them back to Ranger Citadel to be buried there like with Ace. Also let us pick up there Ranger star when they die. This may seem insignificant but its these small details that I like in games.
But what gameplay point does that serve? Seems like a bunch of mucking around for nothing.
It serves the same purpose as starting the game on a graveyard.

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » October 31st, 2015, 1:55 am

What about the luck attribute?

Acid
Scholar

Post by Acid » October 31st, 2015, 4:13 am

Crosmando wrote:
I'd just like the option to bury them instead of just leaving them, plus you could choose whether to leave them as is now or bury them, just click the spade over the body and it leaves a cross where they fall. I just thought it would add a bit of realism and I like the idea, and also if ace got buried, why cant your own rangers.

teshia
Initiate

Post by teshia » October 31st, 2015, 9:55 am

Thank you for the update. Much appreciated!

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 31st, 2015, 12:20 pm

Crosmando wrote:But what gameplay point does that serve? Seems like a bunch of mucking around for nothing.
Throwback to original.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » October 31st, 2015, 12:59 pm

Persistent grave markers in the game? Ones that indicate how many PC's the player has gone through ;(they add up). The Player can start a cemetery, and hopefully [optionally] bury the PC with their inventory; and technically make the grave a cache to be looted ~either by them at a later date (if they play that kind of disposition), or by scavengers. IE. like 'Sad Hill' where [at least] one grave has the gold.