Wasteland 2 Update 71: IT'S HERE!!! Director's Cut Out Now!

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

sabin1001
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 2 Update 71: IT'S HERE!!! Director's Cut Out Now!

Post by sabin1001 » October 14th, 2015, 12:02 pm

Salmanasar, what content was cut?

Salmanasar
Acolyte

Post by Salmanasar » October 14th, 2015, 12:32 pm

sabin1001 wrote:Salmanasar, what content was cut?
whole gippers faction, for example. I mean, Wasteland 2 Directors Cut afaik doesnt restore any real Cut Content from original Wasteland 2.

The Tallest
Adventurer

Post by The Tallest » October 14th, 2015, 2:15 pm

I've been trying to download the Director's Cut but I keep getting an error via Steam claiming a corrupt file. What gives?

**EDIT**

Never mind. I looked on GOG's site under Wasteland 2 in my library and it turns out there are a bunch of patches the game downloads to get to 100%. That's why Steam was giving an error because it'd download a patch then stop and then I'd have to click on it again. Got it to work and it looks AMAZING. I'm also loving the little changes to the game too.
I am a member of Macho Yintit's Society for Pantsless Landsharks.
David Ngo wrote: There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep.

MathieuG89
Novice

Post by MathieuG89 » October 14th, 2015, 9:29 pm

Is the console version a port of the PC or is it the other way around? Because quite honestly I can't tell. Although some of the changes to the UI are refreshing, I can't help but feel disapointed for the most part. Obviously, most changes were done to accomodate consoles and it shows.

- I really hate that I have to navigate through 4 pages to see attributes and skills when they simply used to be displayed on the same page before. What a chore.

- Trading which used to be an enjoyable part of the gameplay has become a huge source of frustration. Once again you need to navigate in between the "buying" and "selling" screen and sell everything one at a time. How could they screw that up is beyond me.

- Another huge let down is that you can't even save your custom characters anymore, a feature I used quite often before. Now, if you aren't satisfied with your current team you need to start all over again. I just can't understand why they had to remove that feature.

- There are absolutely no addition to the character creation screen. We're stuck with the same old hat, haircuts, faces, jackets and pants. Most of them looks terrible. And why the hell is there two different thong-like pants and a bra for male character? Is there anyone trying to do some drag-queen, transvetite desert ranger? It's like the devs intentionally didn't put any military/mercenary gears but wait heres some thongs and bras for your male character tho!

- Quirks would be a nice addition if they weren't so shitty, most of them have way too big of a drawback to be worth choosing. I was expecting "Quirks" to be more like "Traits" from Fallout. Remember "Gifted", "Bloody Mess", "Finesse" and the like? Now we get some drunk and weak circus clown quirks.

Seriously inXile, nice job on the graphics but that's pretty much it. Everything else is a downer.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » October 15th, 2015, 2:34 am

Are you serious Mathieu? Gifted was a totally overpowered Perk in FO, and pretty much everything else was useless. Fallout is not a good example of how to do Perks/Quirks.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 15th, 2015, 1:50 pm

MathieuG89 wrote:- I really hate that I have to navigate through 4 pages to see attributes and skills when they simply used to be displayed on the same page before. What a chore.
I hated having to fight a tiny little scroll bar to see everything, and still having to flip pages anyway.

Old character sheet wasn't exactly a sterling example of good design.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Gruftlord
Explorer

Post by Gruftlord » October 15th, 2015, 2:00 pm

Grats on the release, and thanks for working on the first patch so tirelessly.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 15th, 2015, 2:59 pm

MathieuG89 wrote:Is the console version a port of the PC or is it the other way around? Because quite honestly I can't tell.
I just want to go on record agreeing with you on a few things :)
- I really hate that I have to navigate through 4 pages to see attributes and skills when they simply used to be displayed on the same page before. What a chore.
Yeah. Even the "skills this character already has" frame is a tiny thing that has to be scrolled through! Flipping through three screens to select skills during creation is annoying too, though of course character creation doesn't take long.
- Trading which used to be an enjoyable part of the gameplay has become a huge source of frustration. Once again you need to navigate in between the "buying" and "selling" screen and sell everything one at a time. How could they screw that up is beyond me.
I was astonished that double clicking on something sold it ... and there's no "Sell This" button, nor any way to sell more than one thing at a time. The trade screen is the one thing in the DC that is flat out worse in every way.
Another huge let down is that you can't even save your custom characters anymore, a feature I used quite often before. Now, if you aren't satisfied with your current team you need to start all over again. I just can't understand why they had to remove that feature.
Honestly I think they just forgot when they designed the new (console) character creation screen. sear has assured us that this functionality will be restored in an upcoming patch. In fact it looks like it's already been added to their latest internal build! So that's good! :)
There are absolutely no addition to the character creation screen. We're stuck with the same old hat, haircuts, faces, jackets and pants. Most of them looks terrible. And why the hell is there two different thong-like pants and a bra for male character? Is there anyone trying to do some drag-queen, transvetite desert ranger? It's like the devs intentionally didn't put any military/mercenary gears but wait heres some thongs and bras for your male character tho!
The weirdest thing is that the pink lingerie can't even be used on female characters, it is male only :?
To be fair though, that was there in the original game. It's not like they added lingerie instead of more military stuff.
Still can't have gas masks on male characters, weak.
Quirks would be a nice addition if they weren't so shitty, most of them have way too big of a drawback to be worth choosing. I was expecting "Quirks" to be more like "Traits" from Fallout. Remember "Gifted", "Bloody Mess", "Finesse" and the like? Now we get some drunk and weak circus clown quirks.
Disagree here, the Quirks look weak at first glance but there are a number of very crunchy ones. And I don't just mean disphobia which everyone and his dog is exploiting.

TryNstopME024
Initiate

Post by TryNstopME024 » October 15th, 2015, 3:13 pm

Just wanted to stay that i spent 40 dollars on this for the xbox one and the whole game seems like it would be a cool to play except the whole thing feels janky. everything is slow and choppy. Thought to myself while playing this, Im better off playing xcom

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 15th, 2015, 3:55 pm

MathieuG89 wrote:- There are absolutely no addition to the character creation screen. We're stuck with the same old hat, haircuts, faces, jackets and pants.
One other thing that annoyed me is that not all the old stuff was actually updated - there may even be fewer options than before, contrary to what was advertised. The male Ranger face with the goggles is gone from the creation screen :(

MathieuG89
Novice

Post by MathieuG89 » October 15th, 2015, 5:12 pm

Zombra wrote:
MathieuG89 wrote:- There are absolutely no addition to the character creation screen. We're stuck with the same old hat, haircuts, faces, jackets and pants.
One other thing that annoyed me is that not all the old stuff was actually updated - there may even be fewer options than before, contrary to what was advertised. The male Ranger face with the goggles is gone from the creation screen :(
If inXile doesn't want to spend time and money to develop additional hats, haircuts, faces, jackets and pants then they could at least give us access to everything that is currently available in the game. There are dozens of models you can't choose from the character creation screen. And for the love of God take off the friggin' lingerie for male characters too.

favmir
Initiate

Post by favmir » October 15th, 2015, 8:09 pm

AndreGAS wrote:
MrMoe wrote:
heavy weapon balancing - no, heavy weapon became even more garbage, because of following (see below)

op AR rifles - as OP as they were, the only change is lower AR-ammo spawn (and HW uses same ammo, so never combine AR and HW in one squad = HW trash)

sniper rifles - as weak as they were

difficulty in general - same as it was

In terms of balance W2DC just the same game it was - AR op, HW - trash. Only EW and armor got some changes.

They DID rebalance the weapons, for example FAMMAS now takes 6 AP for a burst shot and only shoots 2 bullets at once. I also noticed AG Center boss now doesn't use his Midnight Special(which now uses 3AP instead of 2). I'm not sure how the new EW mechanic works, but there was certainly a change.

As for Submachine guns, I couldn't pinpoint the changes but I actually ran out of .38 ammo this time. Before I never had to buy .38.

phobos2077
Novice

Post by phobos2077 » October 16th, 2015, 1:39 am

I have only played for like 10 minutes to see what was changed in the new version, and new barter screen stroke me right away - so non-intuitive and frustrating to use!

MrMoe
Explorer

Post by MrMoe » October 16th, 2015, 2:23 am

Is the Southwestern Folklore skill still part of the DC ?

Remind me, where can I obtain those books?

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 16th, 2015, 11:30 am

MrMoe wrote:Is the Southwestern Folklore skill still part of the DC ?
Yep! Log in to the new backer reward page to get the code and instructions.

Krampf
Initiate

Post by Krampf » October 17th, 2015, 12:29 am

I like most of what I see, and appreciate the hard work. So far, my only two complaints:

1. Selling (incredibly frustrating.) Besides the double click, which sometimes winds up selling something unintended, it was nice to be able to add and remove things from the "to sell" pile to get the right amount for a purchase.

2. Saving characters for later use. I used this a LOT. It let me try a character, and then tweak it a bit the next time, without having to start from scratch, and try to remember how everything was previously to make the change.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 17th, 2015, 12:50 am

Krampf wrote:Saving characters for later use. I used this a LOT. It let me try a character, and then tweak it a bit the next time, without having to start from scratch, and try to remember how everything was previously to make the change.
This has been fixed and we can expect to see the Save Character button in I believe the next patch. :)

Darkeus
Acolyte

Post by Darkeus » October 17th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Zombra wrote:
MrMoe wrote:Is the Southwestern Folklore skill still part of the DC ?
Yep! Log in to the new backer reward page to get the code and instructions.
Hmm, that is interesting. My Ranger Center log in won't work for that and it tells me that my email does not exist. Totally not the case. I am an original backer, Day one! Lol.

Nevermind, got it. That was more convoluted that it needed to be. Lol...

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 17th, 2015, 6:24 pm

I won't ask what happened, but glad you got there in the end :)

MathieuG89
Novice

Post by MathieuG89 » October 19th, 2015, 12:25 pm

2-shot burst weapons are ridiculous... M16 should be 3-shot bursts and M4 should be fully automatic 5 or 6 shots (like full-auto weapons were in Fallout...)