Wasteland 2 Update 68: Director’s Cut, Locked and Loaded

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Brother None
Developer

Wasteland 2 Update 68: Director’s Cut, Locked and Loaded

Post by Brother None » August 26th, 2015, 12:04 pm

New Kickstarter Update: discussing our final steps to Director's Cut release and a few samples of the new voice-over work!
The PC, Mac, and Linux versions of the Director’s Cut will all be available for you to download and play on October 13th, no matter where you live in the world. If you have the game on Steam or GoG, it will be automatically unlocked for you to enjoy on that date.

The final month and a half of remaining time before release will be spent on some final touches as well as integrating full controller support on PC for those of you who would like to play it that way. We will continue to refine the interface, quirks, perks, precision strikes and combat scenarios until they pry our hands off the code.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Re: Wasteland 2 Update 68: Director’s Cut, Locked and Loaded

Post by SagaDC » August 26th, 2015, 1:27 pm

Looking forward to it. Not much else for me to say until it comes out. :P

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » August 26th, 2015, 2:17 pm

Definitely going to play it all again eventually, although launch timing together with Witcher 3 expansion is really unfortunate. I didn't really have anything interesting to play the whole summer, and by October its all going to blow up again.
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » August 27th, 2015, 12:50 am

Nothing interesting, with SRHK and PoE: White March ? I guess tastes vary ;)

-Archangel-
Adventurer

Post by -Archangel- » August 27th, 2015, 2:31 am

I still have not done my first play beyond first few areas, first waiting for bug patches, then overhaul patch that later turned into DC version wait.
Hoping to have awesome first play experience when this finally is out!

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » August 27th, 2015, 3:29 am

kilobug wrote:Nothing interesting, with SRHK and PoE: White March ? I guess tastes vary ;)
Those just came out, before that there was nothing. :)
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

Gruftlord
Explorer

Post by Gruftlord » August 27th, 2015, 3:31 am

-Archangel- wrote:I still have not done my first play beyond first few areas, first waiting for bug patches, then overhaul patch that later turned into DC version wait.
You are not alone ;). I'm looking fowards to finally playing through the campaign.
I'm considering getting a controler recently on top of that, really. Some games seem to benefit from it. Not sure i'd prefer it in WL2, but it might be a nice introduction to get the hang of controler benefits and downsides.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » August 27th, 2015, 4:48 am

It all looks very nice, but I would of preferred something more added to the game's systems like a new skill or two, or maybe some new content like the cut Reagon-worshippers area.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

-Archangel-
Adventurer

Post by -Archangel- » August 27th, 2015, 8:01 am

Gruftlord wrote:
-Archangel- wrote:I still have not done my first play beyond first few areas, first waiting for bug patches, then overhaul patch that later turned into DC version wait.
You are not alone ;). I'm looking fowards to finally playing through the campaign.
I'm considering getting a controler recently on top of that, really. Some games seem to benefit from it. Not sure i'd prefer it in WL2, but it might be a nice introduction to get the hang of controler benefits and downsides.
Controllers are good for games like Batman Arkham series or some fighting games, I would not recommend it for any kind of turn based game. I even tried to play Wizardry 8 with it, had all needed controls mapped for it and even with W8 being first person it was way worse than using M&K

Gruftlord
Explorer

Post by Gruftlord » August 27th, 2015, 8:23 am

From the gameplay videos it looked like we will control the movement of once character in exploration mode directly using a joystick. The other stick is maybe used to camera adjustmemts. One button might possibly be mapped to cycling through the highlighted characters, another one to cycling though available targets. A third one could bring up the circular menu, where pressing one of 8 directions on one of the sticks will make a selection, which is chosen by pressing the 4th button.

This sounds all way more fluid and immediate to me than the original k&m setting.
Navigating the menu and movement in combat are the things i expect to be worse with controller than k&m, still it may be worthwhile to experiencec the difference. I'm specifically curious how directly controling one character and having to focus less on some UI elements for selecting most options (like the different aimed shots; because selecting them with a stick works without looking at the menu) changes the feel of the game.

CymTyr
Initiate

Post by CymTyr » September 14th, 2015, 12:52 pm

I'm excited about this. I didn't get a chance to fund the game on KS due to severe lack of personal funds, but I do own a copy on steam, and have been waiting for the DC to play through it.
"I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter. I had to fall to lose it all, and in the end, it doesn't even matter...."

RIP Chester!

Colonel RPG
Initiate

Post by Colonel RPG » October 9th, 2015, 3:43 pm

Is there any word on the hour of release? Is it gonna be available to play at midnight on all territories? Like 0:00 GMT if you're GMT, and 0:00 PDT if you're PDT?

I've searched everywhere, but can't find any info. :(

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 9th, 2015, 4:26 pm

Colonel RPG wrote:Is there any word on the hour of release? Is it gonna be available to play at midnight on all territories? Like 0:00 GMT if you're GMT, and 0:00 PDT if you're PDT?

I've searched everywhere, but can't find any info. :(
We're planning a midnight PDT release.

Colonel RPG
Initiate

Post by Colonel RPG » October 9th, 2015, 6:27 pm

Hope it all goes well then! Hopefully I'll start a new game by lunchtime over here GMT :D

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 9th, 2015, 10:29 pm

Hopefully GOG will be on the ball and release at the same time :geek:

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 10th, 2015, 6:32 am

Zombra wrote:Hopefully GOG will be on the ball and release at the same time :geek:
We've been working with GOG.com (and Origin) this last week and both are aware of our release plans, so things should be pretty quick.

Every other store is a Steam key reseller, so those users should get the update instantly.