Update 65: Wasteland Playing Cards, New Director's Cut Screenshots

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Brother None
Developer

Update 65: Wasteland Playing Cards, New Director's Cut Screenshots

Post by Brother None » July 2nd, 2015, 3:28 pm

Kickstarter Update 65: Wasteland playing cards and some brand-new Director's Cut screenshots!
The Director's Cut edition of Wasteland 2 is progressing well. We are running on all cylinders testing, polishing, and taking it through the required rigmarole for release. This includes the fun stuff – making sure the game is balanced and plays great – to the less exciting but still necessary, such as getting updated age ratings, re-doing the manual, creating new box art, and the big one, console certification.

We'll have more in-depth coverage as we get closer to release, but we wanted to share some brand-new screenshots and a few new clips from the trenches. Enjoy!
https://cdn.inxile-entertainment.com/wa ... shot_1.jpg

https://cdn.inxile-entertainment.com/wa ... shot_2.jpg

https://cdn.inxile-entertainment.com/wa ... shot_3.jpg

https://cdn.inxile-entertainment.com/wa ... shot_4.jpg
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Zombra
Global Moderator

Re: Update 65: Wasteland Playing Cards, New Director's Cut Screenshots

Post by Zombra » July 2nd, 2015, 4:02 pm

Very excited for the new release!!
sear wrote:We are running on all cylinders taking [W2:DC] through the required rigmarole for release. This includes ... re-doing the manual
Just remember this time! Lucida Handwriting is not the only possible font to use for the cool handwritten "margin notes" from Vargas, Angie, Thrasher, etc.!

Dafont.com has about a thousand 100% freeware handwriting fonts. Just be sure to filter by "100% free" under More Options.

Stansfield
Explorer

Post by Stansfield » July 3rd, 2015, 4:55 pm

Hugely excited to see these screenshots, looks very cool! One thing I'm hoping will be commented on at some point is whether or not the Scorpitron is receiving an upgrade from being a complete pushover to having some actual difficulty. Seriously, can it - I dunno - move?

Gruftlord
Explorer

Post by Gruftlord » July 4th, 2015, 2:54 am

Great screeshots. I can see the graphics are on full track for release. Every thing blends together nicelly (might also be due to the fact we are seeing more sideways sun illumination, but that's ok, means the scenery is really dynamic), and the shots show a confident close zoom in on the action (i will probably play with a much wider zoom most of the time :D). I like that i can now tell whether a shot is in CA or the desert region again. I like action camera in the first shot, probably allows some nice screenshots in the game. The fire in the second shot reflects nicelly on the tires, i guess that's the physically based rendering we're seeing. And the blood decals look gruesome in a good way. The one on top that spreads around the edge of the gate, i'd be impressed if we get to see this level of dynamic blood spraying. There is a big fat glaring bug in the screenshot, that makes me hopefull that it will be this way: on the lower right hand of the gate, one of the blood decals from the top of the wall extends down to some wall segment on the outside of the defense, it's applied in a horribly stretched fashion down there. Maybe there should be a limit to the maximum stretch a decal can receive when applied to a surface, but i'm happy to see just how (if i'm right) these thing are simulated currently.

lubben
Novice

Post by lubben » July 9th, 2015, 5:09 am

I can't WAIT!

I've been holding off finishing this game after I heard there would be a newer, shinier version. I have yet to finish it a single time! But I am dying to! God damn this wait is hard... But the wait is still on, and it will be till it's ready.

Keep it up guys! :D

Reppu
Initiate

Post by Reppu » July 9th, 2015, 9:35 am

Plz plz plz will you make weapons balanced and more useful like in community mods "weapon overhaul and re-balance etc."?!
No more squad full of AR and bigger caliber guns do more damage overal (M16 vs FN-FAL).

Edit: Oh oh and more character customization lolz.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » July 9th, 2015, 1:52 pm

Reppu wrote:Plz plz plz will you make weapons balanced and more useful like in community mods "weapon overhaul and re-balance etc."?!
No more squad full of AR and bigger caliber guns do more damage overal (M16 vs FN-FAL).

Edit: Oh oh and more character customization lolz.
A major weapon/armor rebalance is high on the list of things they tackled with the Director's Cut.

And there is definitely more character customization as well :)

sear
Developer

Post by sear » July 9th, 2015, 3:21 pm

Weapons have been completely rebalanced to play more differently between categories. Weapon damage output is much higher towards the late game now, and CON has also changed accordingly.