Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

sear
Developer

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by sear » May 11th, 2015, 7:19 am

Tets wrote:If it will look that way in the game, as it looks now on the pictures, its clearly W2 graphics 2.0 :D
Those shots were taken from a stand-alone build running on my computer. So yes, that's how the game looks. I've been pretty impressed by the changes too. :)

Stinktier
Acolyte

Post by Stinktier » May 11th, 2015, 11:26 am

It looks really good. Can't wait. Will wait.

shaigunjoe
Explorer

Post by shaigunjoe » May 11th, 2015, 1:56 pm

dorkboy wrote:
shaigunjoe wrote:[...] Not a huge fan of these 'Game of the Year" editions companies crank out. [...]
I think this may be the part PhoynixStriker was referring to.
Ah, yea, figures he misquoted me. Thanks for the clarification Dorkboy!

AWAC
Scholar

Post by AWAC » May 11th, 2015, 5:53 pm

Hmm it seems the quirks and perks may make it easier...? But they are from F-1 and 2 so (crickets chirping)
Change the weapon size

AWAC
Scholar

Post by AWAC » May 11th, 2015, 5:55 pm

I hope they put in at least one or two new areas. I am almost done with mine (didn't save the Ag Center) :) Also the shadow goes out of alignment in battles and you CANNOT change the camera angle it gets stuck and doesn't reset.
Change the weapon size

DKPortela
Initiate

Post by DKPortela » June 4th, 2015, 11:23 pm

I sincerely hope the devs took into account that the armors were just stats which destroyed immersion for me. If you have a power armor or any type of bulky armor the character should show it. With this new GOTY i'm hoping we will see that.

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » June 4th, 2015, 11:52 pm

DKPortela wrote:I sincerely hope the devs took into account that the armors were just stats which destroyed immersion for me. If you have a power armor or any type of bulky armor the character should show it. With this new GOTY i'm hoping we will see that.
Really, that was a no win situation for the devs. Half the players wanted them to have armor appear physically on character models, and the other half didn't. Given that the devs had already dedicated a significant amount of resources to all sorts of non-armor clothing items, it didn't really make sense to have armor immediately conceal all those other assets whenever you wore it.

It's entirely possible that they might end up making some sort of armor visibility toggle in the options menu, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I can't imagine it's a very high priority.