Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

AWAC
Scholar
Posts: 128
Joined: April 1st, 2012, 2:59 pm

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by AWAC » May 8th, 2015, 6:10 pm

Are there added areas if you save one or the other in Wasteland 2? I know there are added areas if you save Highpool...(spoiler) like when the %$%^ spreads because you didn't save Ag Center.
Change the weapon size

SagaDC
Global Moderator
Posts: 3506
Joined: May 2nd, 2012, 5:51 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by SagaDC » May 8th, 2015, 6:25 pm

AWAC wrote:Are there added areas if you save one or the other in Wasteland 2? I know there are added areas if you save Highpool...(spoiler) like when the %$%^ spreads because you didn't save Ag Center.
Those areas are still accessible, even if you save the Ag Center. Regardless, I don't believe they've announced anything in regards to actually adding new areas or changing the storyline for the GotY Edition. Thus far, they've only confirmed mechanical changes and graphical upgrades.

-Archangel-
Adventurer
Posts: 984
Joined: February 21st, 2014, 4:06 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by -Archangel- » May 9th, 2015, 5:55 am

shaigunjoe wrote:Was it ever the plan for this not to be given to backers? I would be extremely surprised if that was the case.
There is no rule that say they have to give anything for free. If companies could charge for patches for bugs they would.
It is always a balance between profit and good will. And if you are thinking short term or long term (as good will can produce more profit long term).

I am sure lots of people would have bought the GotY as a DLC or something (I would for sure) but might not support them afterward after feeling betrayed or something. After I read it is free I informed my wife I want to buy TToN from their site and I plan to support BT4 KS if it at least decent. I was waiting for this WL2 GotY announcement before I made those decisions. So at least in my case their good will move got them more money than just what I would pay for WL2 GotY if they were charging for it.
But maybe most people would pay for GotY upgrade and support their future games as well.

SagaDC
Global Moderator
Posts: 3506
Joined: May 2nd, 2012, 5:51 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by SagaDC » May 9th, 2015, 8:17 am

shaigunjoe wrote:Was it ever the plan for this not to be given to backers? I would be extremely surprised if that was the case.
I think it was always implied that it would be given as a free upgrade to the PC crowd, but it was never outright stated as such until now. And you know how it is with the internet. If something isn't blatantly stated, there will always be the pessimists and the alarmists, ready to predict the worst and over-react in advance.

AWAC
Scholar
Posts: 128
Joined: April 1st, 2012, 2:59 pm

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by AWAC » May 9th, 2015, 9:21 am

SagaDC wrote:
AWAC wrote:Are there added areas if you save one or the other in Wasteland 2? I know there are added areas if you save Highpool...(spoiler) like when the %$%^ spreads because you didn't save Ag Center.
Those areas are still accessible, even if you save the Ag Center. Regardless, I don't believe they've announced anything in regards to actually adding new areas or changing the storyline for the GotY Edition. Thus far, they've only confirmed mechanical changes and graphical upgrades.

Saga I thought you destroyed the source of the ##@$@#$ when you saved the Ag Center how could it spread?..bad writing.
Change the weapon size

AWAC
Scholar
Posts: 128
Joined: April 1st, 2012, 2:59 pm

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by AWAC » May 9th, 2015, 9:23 am

Wasteland 2 GOTY Sounds like F-1 and 2 with the perks but I have no problem with F-1 and two none.
Change the weapon size

SagaDC
Global Moderator
Posts: 3506
Joined: May 2nd, 2012, 5:51 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by SagaDC » May 9th, 2015, 9:28 am

AWAC wrote:Saga I thought you destroyed the source of the ##@$@#$ when you saved the Ag Center how could it spread?..bad writing.
It's not bad writing. You just need to talk to the right NPCs, or find the right clues.

If you want a more specific answer, then click on this clump of spoiler bars (since this is a spoiler-free zone):

If you save the location, certain NPCs will reveal that the mutated seeds were already spread to three settlements, before they realized that the seeds were dangerous. Those are the same settlements that you're pointed toward even if you don't save the Ag Center. The main difference is that if you don't save the Ag Center, the main source of the mutation still exists (ie, the ruins of Ag Center) and it continues to spread (as stated in the end-game epilogue). If you saved Ag Center, then cleaning up the three infection sites contains the threat, and stops the mutation from spreading entirely.

shaigunjoe
Explorer
Posts: 382
Joined: April 8th, 2012, 10:07 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by shaigunjoe » May 9th, 2015, 8:29 pm

-Archangel- wrote:
shaigunjoe wrote:Was it ever the plan for this not to be given to backers? I would be extremely surprised if that was the case.
There is no rule that say they have to give anything for free. If companies could charge for patches for bugs they would.
It is always a balance between profit and good will. And if you are thinking short term or long term (as good will can produce more profit long term).

I am sure lots of people would have bought the GotY as a DLC or something (I would for sure) but might not support them afterward after feeling betrayed or something. After I read it is free I informed my wife I want to buy TToN from their site and I plan to support BT4 KS if it at least decent. I was waiting for this WL2 GotY announcement before I made those decisions. So at least in my case their good will move got them more money than just what I would pay for WL2 GotY if they were charging for it.
But maybe most people would pay for GotY upgrade and support their future games as well.
Nobody said anything about rules.

Kind of funny, as that is the opposite of how I feel. Not a huge fan of these 'Game of the Year" editions companies crank out. It is why I never buy the witcher new, I just wait for the GOTY edition to get a more complete experience at a cheaper cost. And this WL2 announcement pretty much guarantees I will not be backing another Inxile project. Call me old fashioned, but when a game is released it needs to be finished, quite frankly I think this GOTY should have been the game we were promised, but it looks like everyone has been beta testing for a while on a pre-release version masquerading as a full release.

kilobug
Adventurer
Posts: 979
Joined: September 21st, 2014, 1:07 am
Location: Paris, France

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by kilobug » May 10th, 2015, 12:42 am

shaigunjoe wrote:Not a huge fan of these 'Game of the Year" editions companies crank out. It is why I never buy the witcher new, I just wait for the GOTY edition to get a more complete experience at a cheaper cost. And this WL2 announcement pretty much guarantees I will not be backing another Inxile project. Call me old fashioned, but when a game is released it needs to be finished, quite frankly I think this GOTY should have been the game we were promised, but it looks like everyone has been beta testing for a while on a pre-release version masquerading as a full release.
Companies don't do that on purpose to disappoint you. They do it because they can't do otherwise.

First, you can't make such a big RPG with so many alternative ways to do things and have it bug free on day 1. It would require an immense amount of testing that no company can reasonably afford. As for being "old fashioned" because games should be bug free at first... even in the good old times, they were not. Fallout 2 was ridden with bugs when it came out, just to take one example among many.

Second, companies, especially small ones like inXile, don't have unlimited budget. That's why they call to kickstarters. The money they spend on making the GOTY is money they didn't have initially, when the released the base game. What a good company does is reinvesting the profits (or at least a big share of them) of selling the base game into improving it (GOTY edition) or into making new games, which is what inXile is doing. But you can't ask them to magically create money they don't have.

If you refuse to kickstart their game again because of the GOTY business, you're just making the situation that drives them to do GOTY even worse. You shouldn't expect people to do the impossible, but to do what they reasonably can with the resources and constraints they have. And so far inXile did very well.

PhoynixStriker
Initiate
Posts: 11
Joined: May 9th, 2015, 12:12 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by PhoynixStriker » May 10th, 2015, 1:06 am

This is an unfair attack on all companies that create GOTY editions, when many are just rewarding fans.
Witcher 1 was made by a small group... it did so well they expanded into a full fledged company and revisted witcher 1, witcher2 was much the same... it did so well they could afford to do a GOTY edition.

They are moving the game to unity 5... it was not released when they started development and if they stopped development to upgrade and pay for the newer license for a newer development base they would go broke and never release a game. Further many of the things they are adding may not have been possible with the previous version of Unity.

I am not defending inxile... The balance was horrible... but it may have been due to many cooks in the kitchen with the fan base demanding changes. Story wise the game delivered, balance progression and tactics wise it failed badly... but still quite playable.

shaigunjoe wrote:
-Archangel- wrote:
shaigunjoe wrote:Was it ever the plan for this not to be given to backers? I would be extremely surprised if that was the case.
There is no rule that say they have to give anything for free. If companies could charge for patches for bugs they would.
It is always a balance between profit and good will. And if you are thinking short term or long term (as good will can produce more profit long term).

I am sure lots of people would have bought the GotY as a DLC or something (I would for sure) but might not support them afterward after feeling betrayed or something. After I read it is free I informed my wife I want to buy TToN from their site and I plan to support BT4 KS if it at least decent. I was waiting for this WL2 GotY announcement before I made those decisions. So at least in my case their good will move got them more money than just what I would pay for WL2 GotY if they were charging for it.
But maybe most people would pay for GotY upgrade and support their future games as well.
Nobody said anything about rules.

Kind of funny, as that is the opposite of how I feel. Not a huge fan of these 'Game of the Year" editions companies crank out. It is why I never buy the witcher new, I just wait for the GOTY edition to get a more complete experience at a cheaper cost. And this WL2 announcement pretty much guarantees I will not be backing another Inxile project. Call me old fashioned, but when a game is released it needs to be finished, quite frankly I think this GOTY should have been the game we were promised, but it looks like everyone has been beta testing for a while on a pre-release version masquerading as a full release.

User avatar
Tets
Master
Posts: 1359
Joined: December 28th, 2012, 8:53 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by Tets » May 10th, 2015, 3:37 am

Nice to get the free upgrade.. is seems like it will pay of that im still waiting to finally play W2 :D

In fact there arent so many completly new informations in the kickstarter update, except that it will be free! :) But there is a little bit:

Perks & Quirks
It was the first time they metioned there will be arround 20 quirks and 80 perks. To me this number sounds quite good. Most people play a game only once, so it would seem a little bit excessive to create even more quirks and perks. Of course, like someone mentioned before, if this number will feel high or low, depends on how many perks and quirks a ranger or a ranger party can get in a playthrough. I hope it wont be to much and wont be to low. You could do some math to see which number feels good, 100 quirks & perks and 4 rangers / 7 party members. 4 Ranger x 25 Quriks & Perks = 100 quirks & perks used. 7x14 = 98. If a ranger can get 7-9 quirks and perks in a playthrough for example, this would mean 4 Ranger x 9 Perks & Quirks = 36 Perks and Quirks used in total (~33% out of 100). Depending on how many times your companions level up this number would rise further (+50% out of 100?). etc.

I would still like to see a perk which allows you to respec character stats slightly, i explained here why i think it would be good and also fitting for various reasons: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12738&start=20#p149152

Graphics
Second big news are the new pictures :D The graphic update looks really good. In the beta the graphics looked good enough to play the game, with the final release many places looked good and the graphic quality improved clearly compared to the beta. On this pictures now the graphics look very nice, good for immersion.. I think the lightning effects will be best seen in motion and dark places, especially indoors. Also the new character models look much better. If it will look that way in the game, as it looks now on the pictures, its clearly W2 graphics 2.0 :D

Also all the other, not so new informations, summed up in the kickstarter update, sound promising :D Also nice to have more VO, and of course precison strikes, better loot drops, etc.pp. it sounds definitly like a big upgrade, probably even like Wasteland 2 Version 2.0.

Open Questions
Like someone else pointed out before, most updates and changes refer to graphics and game mechanics, but whats about content? Will there be different and better fitting character portaits for npcs? Will bigger plotholes or story problems be adressed?

I would also be interessted if some changes are planned regarding random encounters and the water system on the world map? And if there will be more features for local maps or if a minimap will be reintroduced?

Last but not least, i would be interessted if your planning to allow more solutions without battle or if you plan to reduce combat a little bit to make it less combat heavy at it is right now?

Looking forward to the GOTY Release :D

shaigunjoe
Explorer
Posts: 382
Joined: April 8th, 2012, 10:07 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by shaigunjoe » May 10th, 2015, 6:52 am

kilobug wrote: Companies don't do that on purpose to disappoint you. They do it because they can't do otherwise.
Oh, I know they don't do it to disappoint anyone, but that certainly wouldn't effect whether I like it or not.
First, you can't make such a big RPG with so many alternative ways to do things and have it bug free on day 1. It would require an immense amount of testing that no company can reasonably afford. As for being "old fashioned" because games should be bug free at first... even in the good old times, they were not. Fallout 2 was ridden with bugs when it came out, just to take one example among many.
My good times were before your good times. And besides, it is not just the bugs that....bug...me (although, WL2 had an embarrassingly large amount). I said finished. And you are just flat out wrong about testing. Thanks to early access (which Inexile used btw) you can actually get paid to have your game tested, my beef is they released it out of early access way too early, and if it was because of budget reasons, then they failed at planning. I can handle bugs usually as long as they don't break an aspect of the game. But this GOTY year edition has fixed a lot more than just bugs. I think its good they are adding these things, but like I said, the GOTY edition is just the finished WL2.
Second, companies, especially small ones like inXile, don't have unlimited budget. That's why they call to kickstarters. The money they spend on making the GOTY is money they didn't have initially, when the released the base game. What a good company does is reinvesting the profits (or at least a big share of them) of selling the base game into improving it (GOTY edition) or into making new games, which is what inXile is doing. But you can't ask them to magically create money they don't have.
That's not really a second point, you certainly made that point in the first paragraph. Nobody has unlimited money, no one is suggesting they do.
If you refuse to kickstart their game again because of the GOTY business, you're just making the situation that drives them to do GOTY even worse. You shouldn't expect people to do the impossible, but to do what they reasonably can with the resources and constraints they have. And so far inXile did very well.
That is exactly what I expect.
PhoynixStriker wrote: This is an unfair attack on all companies that create GOTY editions, when many are just rewarding fans.
Witcher 1 was made by a small group... it did so well they expanded into a full fledged company and revisted witcher 1, witcher2 was much the same... it did so well they could afford to do a GOTY edition.
Not unfair at all, the criticism is extremely fair on the specific types of GOTY editions I am criticizing.
They are moving the game to unity 5... it was not released when they started development and if they stopped development to upgrade and pay for the newer license for a newer development base they would go broke and never release a game. Further many of the things they are adding may not have been possible with the previous version of Unity.

I am not defending inxile... The balance was horrible... but it may have been due to many cooks in the kitchen with the fan base demanding changes. Story wise the game delivered, balance progression and tactics wise it failed badly... but still quite playable.
Eventually it became"quite playable" but I don't really have an issue with that. Story was a big failure as well. I think there were a couple of really good spots (Titan Canyon and Rodia for instance), and they had some interesting groups of characters. But the narrative lacked any interesting individual characters, absolutely none at all. The overarching plot was just flat out terrible, and was oddly absent of some of the good ideas that made some of the smaller plots so enjoyable.

PhoynixStriker
Initiate
Posts: 11
Joined: May 9th, 2015, 12:12 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by PhoynixStriker » May 10th, 2015, 7:35 am

We disagree I think the story was good... you even admit it was with side plots... oddly they are part of the game and total experience.

Tell you what, to show how silly your argument is about "FINISHED" games...

You are using circular logic I cant disprove such logic(if a company releases GOTY edition then the non GOTY was unfinished)... I can however apply your own logic to any game you feel is complete and prove it otherwise by coming up with ideas that would make it better. If the company then created a GOTY edition adding those improvements you would have to dislike the original game like a binary switch being flipped... Kinda silly.

Something that holds ture for computer games and actual computer programming in general.

"Art is never finished, only abandoned."
Leonardo da Vinci

So straight up question...

If a game developer makes a crapton of money.

Do you honestly believe putting some of that money back into a project to create a better version for the customers that paid that money is a bad thing?
Would you prefer they not bother trying to improve a game?

shaigunjoe wrote:
kilobug wrote: Companies don't do that on purpose to disappoint you. They do it because they can't do otherwise.
Oh, I know they don't do it to disappoint anyone, but that certainly wouldn't effect whether I like it or not.
First, you can't make such a big RPG with so many alternative ways to do things and have it bug free on day 1. It would require an immense amount of testing that no company can reasonably afford. As for being "old fashioned" because games should be bug free at first... even in the good old times, they were not. Fallout 2 was ridden with bugs when it came out, just to take one example among many.
My good times were before your good times. And besides, it is not just the bugs that....bug...me (although, WL2 had an embarrassingly large amount). I said finished. And you are just flat out wrong about testing. Thanks to early access (which Inexile used btw) you can actually get paid to have your game tested, my beef is they released it out of early access way too early, and if it was because of budget reasons, then they failed at planning. I can handle bugs usually as long as they don't break an aspect of the game. But this GOTY year edition has fixed a lot more than just bugs. I think its good they are adding these things, but like I said, the GOTY edition is just the finished WL2.
Second, companies, especially small ones like inXile, don't have unlimited budget. That's why they call to kickstarters. The money they spend on making the GOTY is money they didn't have initially, when the released the base game. What a good company does is reinvesting the profits (or at least a big share of them) of selling the base game into improving it (GOTY edition) or into making new games, which is what inXile is doing. But you can't ask them to magically create money they don't have.
That's not really a second point, you certainly made that point in the first paragraph. Nobody has unlimited money, no one is suggesting they do.
If you refuse to kickstart their game again because of the GOTY business, you're just making the situation that drives them to do GOTY even worse. You shouldn't expect people to do the impossible, but to do what they reasonably can with the resources and constraints they have. And so far inXile did very well.
That is exactly what I expect.
PhoynixStriker wrote: This is an unfair attack on all companies that create GOTY editions, when many are just rewarding fans.
Witcher 1 was made by a small group... it did so well they expanded into a full fledged company and revisted witcher 1, witcher2 was much the same... it did so well they could afford to do a GOTY edition.
Not unfair at all, the criticism is extremely fair on the specific types of GOTY editions I am criticizing.
They are moving the game to unity 5... it was not released when they started development and if they stopped development to upgrade and pay for the newer license for a newer development base they would go broke and never release a game. Further many of the things they are adding may not have been possible with the previous version of Unity.

I am not defending inxile... The balance was horrible... but it may have been due to many cooks in the kitchen with the fan base demanding changes. Story wise the game delivered, balance progression and tactics wise it failed badly... but still quite playable.
Eventually it became"quite playable" but I don't really have an issue with that. Story was a big failure as well. I think there were a couple of really good spots (Titan Canyon and Rodia for instance), and they had some interesting groups of characters. But the narrative lacked any interesting individual characters, absolutely none at all. The overarching plot was just flat out terrible, and was oddly absent of some of the good ideas that made some of the smaller plots so enjoyable.

Stinktier
Acolyte
Posts: 64
Joined: April 3rd, 2015, 2:21 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by Stinktier » May 10th, 2015, 9:27 am

I think there's a valid argument to whether a game is being finished or not. Back in the 8-bit days, it was more of a rule than an exception that games came out premature because of publishers simply not caring about the product (even if the developers did). That was part of what lead to the legendary market crash. Interestingly enough, the console market did rise from that mess when nintendo put a release cap per term on publishers for their system. Still, a lot of games (some from well respected developers) came out a mess. In Sweden we had a pretty strict import monopoly so we didn't see much of the whole library back then but looking at the amount of bad movie tie-ins and so forth in europe and the us kinda makes me thankful for that fact (in retrospect... as a kid i hated it). And it seems many of the 'trash' games in the NES era came from publishers starting sister companies just to release more stuff earlier than they would handle, which lead to developers having to release half-done stuff. Most konami games released in europe at least were pretty solid or absolutely excellent. Most games released on their other labels, palcom and ultra, weren't. These are all games made in times where patches and 'deluxe editions' weren't common or viable, meaning that it's not just in the perspective of if there's a second version or not that gives indicies that a game was a little or a lot too rushed.

shaigunjoe
Explorer
Posts: 382
Joined: April 8th, 2012, 10:07 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by shaigunjoe » May 10th, 2015, 11:18 am

PhoynixStriker wrote:We disagree I think the story was good... you even admit it was with side plots... oddly they are part of the game and total experience.

Tell you what, to show how silly your argument is about "FINISHED" games...

You are using circular logic I cant disprove such logic(if a company releases GOTY edition then the non GOTY was unfinished)... I can however apply your own logic to any game you feel is complete and prove it otherwise by coming up with ideas that would make it better. If the company then created a GOTY edition adding those improvements you would have to dislike the original game like a binary switch being flipped... Kinda silly.

Something that holds ture for computer games and actual computer programming in general.

"Art is never finished, only abandoned."
Leonardo da Vinci

So straight up question...

If a game developer makes a crapton of money.

Do you honestly believe putting some of that money back into a project to create a better version for the customers that paid that money is a bad thing?
Would you prefer they not bother trying to improve a game?
Hmm, I take it English isn't your first language? Because I am not saying pretty much anything you think I am saying. In addition, you did nothing to show how silly my argument is, which means you don't understand my argument. Fault like that usually lies with both parties, and I am happy to clarify anything you are unclear on.

The notion of something being finished is highly subjective, so since you seem so caught up on proving and disproving something, and you can't seem to grasp what a continuum is in regards to criticism, I think there is some kind of language barrier here.

Also, another fun quote:

"A film is never finished, only abandoned."
George Lucas

I think a lot of people wish George Lucas had abandoned his films a little earlier.
Last edited by shaigunjoe on May 10th, 2015, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhoynixStriker
Initiate
Posts: 11
Joined: May 9th, 2015, 12:12 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by PhoynixStriker » May 10th, 2015, 7:49 pm

You put quotation marks... well you didn't you used an Apostrophe on one side and double quotation mark on the other, I am assuming you were paraphrasing to point out irony as you saw it.
"That is game of the year editions are not game of the year editions"
Everything you wrote after supported this assumption, you went on about Witcher and GOTY then Inxile and how the GOTY edition should have been the original release... which is not even released and we have no idea if its actually a real improvement or if Inxile are going to screw everything up and it will be a buggy unplayable mess.(possible)


English is my only language, even though I don't claim to be super at it, you may want to hold off attacking peoples English skills when your own are not exactly up to par.

"The notion of something being finished is highly subjective, so since you seem so caught up on proving and disproving something, and you can't seem to grasp what a continuum in regards to criticism, I think there is some kind of language barrier here."

I am not going to assume I know what you were trying to say with this sentence... because the second half actually makes no sense... I believe I know what you INTENDED but since that already caused problems and had you attacking my language skills...Perhaps you should either fix the sentence or explain why you think its valid grammatical statement.

shaigunjoe wrote:
PhoynixStriker wrote:We disagree I think the story was good... you even admit it was with side plots... oddly they are part of the game and total experience.

Tell you what, to show how silly your argument is about "FINISHED" games...

You are using circular logic I cant disprove such logic(if a company releases GOTY edition then the non GOTY was unfinished)... I can however apply your own logic to any game you feel is complete and prove it otherwise by coming up with ideas that would make it better. If the company then created a GOTY edition adding those improvements you would have to dislike the original game like a binary switch being flipped... Kinda silly.

Something that holds ture for computer games and actual computer programming in general.

"Art is never finished, only abandoned."
Leonardo da Vinci

So straight up question...

If a game developer makes a crapton of money.

Do you honestly believe putting some of that money back into a project to create a better version for the customers that paid that money is a bad thing?
Would you prefer they not bother trying to improve a game?
Hmm, I take it English isn't your first language? Because I am not saying pretty much anything you think I am saying. In addition, you did nothing to show how silly my argument is, which means you don't understand my argument. Fault like that usually lies with both parties, and I am happy to clarify anything you are unclear on.

The notion of something being finished is highly subjective, so since you seem so caught up on proving and disproving something, and you can't seem to grasp what a continuum in regards to criticism, I think there is some kind of language barrier here.

Also, another fun quote:

"A film is never finished, only abandoned."
George Lucas

I think a lot of people wish George Lucas had abandoned his films a little earlier.

shaigunjoe
Explorer
Posts: 382
Joined: April 8th, 2012, 10:07 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by shaigunjoe » May 10th, 2015, 8:30 pm

PhoynixStriker wrote:You put quotation marks... well you didn't you used an Apostrophe on one side and double quotation mark on the other, I am assuming you were paraphrasing to point out irony as you saw it.
Makes no sense, where did I do this?
"That is game of the year editions are not game of the year editions"
Are you quoting me here? Where did I say this?
Everything you wrote after supported this assumption, you went on about Witcher and GOTY then Inxile and how the GOTY edition should have been the original release... which is not even released and we have no idea if its actually a real improvement or if Inxile are going to screw everything up and it will be a buggy unplayable mess.(possible)


English is my only language, even though I don't claim to be super at it, you may want to hold off attacking peoples English skills when your own are not exactly up to par.
I wasn't attacking, I was genuinely asking. I work with people from several countries and sometimes things said in one language come across differently to others.
"The notion of something being finished is highly subjective, so since you seem so caught up on proving and disproving something, and you can't seem to grasp what a continuum in regards to criticism, I think there is some kind of language barrier here."

I am not going to assume I know what you were trying to say with this sentence... because the second half actually makes no sense... I believe I know what you INTENDED but since that already caused problems and had you attacking my language skills...Perhaps you should either fix the sentence or explain why you think its valid grammatical statement.
That isn't how this works, you need to say what you thought it meant that way it can bring us both closer to some understanding. There was a typo though, I fixed it. Although, based on what you just wrote, I actually think you are just trolling at this point, and I don't feed the trolls.

User avatar
dorkboy
Master
Posts: 1772
Joined: November 26th, 2012, 10:37 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by dorkboy » May 10th, 2015, 9:02 pm

shaigunjoe wrote:[...] Not a huge fan of these 'Game of the Year" editions companies crank out. [...]
I think this may be the part PhoynixStriker was referring to.
marmelade & jam

PhoynixStriker
Initiate
Posts: 11
Joined: May 9th, 2015, 12:12 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by PhoynixStriker » May 11th, 2015, 12:53 am

*SIGH*
Dorkboy is correct.
Sadly I feel this discussion is not going to go anywhere but down, and its going to spam the thread so I'm out unless its game specific.

IHaveHugeNick
Master
Posts: 1200
Joined: September 23rd, 2014, 7:31 am

Re: Update 61: Game of the Year Edition Coming Free to All Owners

Post by IHaveHugeNick » May 11th, 2015, 3:28 am

Bard is most likely the reason they've probably waited so long to announce that WL2 GOTY is free. Gives them that extra publicity before Kickstarter launches.
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest