Wasteland 2 GOTY Edition announced for Xbox One and PS4

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

ffordesoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Wasteland 2 GOTY Edition announced for Xbox One and PS4

Post by ffordesoon » March 21st, 2015, 11:01 am

Oh, okay, I see what you mean. I thought that might be it, but I wasn't sure.

I think your worry is valid, but this game was designed as a PC game first, so I doubt there will be any issues with the port that transfer over to the PC version. I would actually be interested in gamepad support for the PC version, if only to try the console setup out without having to spend fifty bucks on the PS4 version. But I obviously don't want them to take anything out of the PC version that's in there currently.

What happened with the Deus Ex Director's Cut? I didn't know it was any different than the vanilla PC version, which I thought was a surprisingly excellent port.

Your English is fine, by the way. Seen plenty of native speakers do far worse. :)
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
As a poster, I speak only for myself. PM me if you have any problems with the way I moderate.

My Tumblr, if you're into that.

JETjunkie95
Novice

Post by JETjunkie95 » March 21st, 2015, 1:34 pm

It is nice that console gamer's will be able to experience the game.

Surprised there isn't at least a Wii U port as Unity 5 hardware utilization is considerably if not far better than Unity 4 thus for same level of complexity/detail the requirements should be considerably if not much lower.

kurosawa
Acolyte

Post by kurosawa » March 24th, 2015, 2:07 pm

@ffordesoon

The 'deus ex director s cut' had a few controversial changes.
My favourite was the "golden glow" discussion in the steam forum. They removed that glow for the directors cut to make it look 'more realistic'.
I watched the concept arts guys (barontieri) that planned that game in the beginning and believe it looked as it should like (with the golden glow).
For the directors cut they had a few technicians that changed that.
You can compare it with the star wars digital restoration and the changes they made.
"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me." , The Departed (2006)

Azmodiuz
Acolyte

Re: Wasteland 2 GOTY Edition Xbox One trailer

Post by Azmodiuz » July 5th, 2015, 8:28 am

Darth Trethon wrote:Allying with Microsoft knowing full well what they tried to do at E3 2013 and what they intend to do to the gaming industry? Are you serious? Well I guess that does show your true colors and what your stance on the big sharks destroying the industry really is. Actions speak much louder than words and you just sold your souls. That's one way to spit in the faces of all your backers and I must say I absolutely regret having backed you at all......never again.
WOW, true, was supposed to be a console only game. They did promise that. Now the franchise has already sold out, and is offering bonus'es to the console owners OVER the PC version. THAT is where I draw the line. Here. No further. You will never get my money again. I will now attempt to charge back with my credit card company, as I am no longer satisfied.

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » July 5th, 2015, 9:02 am

No offense, Azmodiuz, but you seem a bit confused. The console version was announced months ago, and you're responding to a thread that hasn't seen any activity since March.

That aside, the console verison won't be containing anything that's not already included in the PC version. In fact, all of the "extras" will be provided as a free Director's Cut download for people who already own a legit copy of the PC version. This has been fairly clearly stated in several of the other more recent news entries.

I would recommend reading some of the more recent news articles to keep yourself fully informed on the free upgrade that the PC version will be receiving, before you do anything rash. I'd also, of course, recommend against committing chargeback fraud, which is essentially what you just announced you plan on doing.

waltc
Scholar

Post by waltc » July 26th, 2015, 7:57 pm

Worrying about the console version when you own the PC version seems like a lot of worry over absolutely nothing to me. It really doesn't matter what they try and do to elevate the console version of the game--it will never be the equal of the PC version for the most obvious of reasons--the best they can do is *try* to make it the equal, and I have no problems there because it isn't going to happen. Look, the poor consolers can't afford anything better and if they could they wouldn't be gaming on a console, right? Riii-i-i-i-i-i-ight....;) So, let them have their illusions, I say. Let 'em eat cake, poor sods...;)

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » July 27th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Dragging up a thread after nearly a month just to troll console users is pretty weak sauce.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

septembertopia
Initiate

Post by septembertopia » October 13th, 2015, 1:06 pm

well unfortunately the xbox one version is buggy and broken. so sad the state of the industry stuff like this can happen

chargrilled
Acolyte

Post by chargrilled » October 13th, 2015, 10:11 pm

septembertopia wrote:well unfortunately the xbox one version is buggy and broken. so sad the state of the industry stuff like this can happen
i have to agree with this, having reached an impassable bug in the game.

isnt this version, after months and months of testing on the original game, supposed to be pretty much bug free now?
if anything its worse. adding in bugs where none existed before.

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » October 13th, 2015, 10:15 pm

It's actually rather surprising, considering the XB1 is purportedly more or less running some sort of Windows 10 and should therefore be closest to the PC code. Or is that actually the reason, that it is so close that the little differences are missed and end up being the show stoppers?

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 13th, 2015, 10:54 pm

chargrilled wrote:
septembertopia wrote:well unfortunately the xbox one version is buggy and broken. so sad the state of the industry stuff like this can happen

isnt this version, after months and months of testing on the original game, supposed to be pretty much bug free now?
We haven't had any significant issues reported by reviewers who have been playing for days/weeks now. It'd be helpful to let us know what game-breaking issues you are encountering. Thanks!

septembertopia
Initiate

Post by septembertopia » October 13th, 2015, 10:59 pm

sear wrote:
chargrilled wrote:

We haven't had any significant issues reported by reviewers who have been playing for days/weeks now. It'd be helpful to let us know what game-breaking issues you are encountering. Thanks!

Wrote a detailed post on the technical help section of your forum

chargrilled
Acolyte

Post by chargrilled » October 14th, 2015, 12:13 pm

whats the new update for today?

i was playing fine (uk version) yesterday.
now ive got to download 8.6gb.

wtf??

DukeofIbanez
Initiate

Post by DukeofIbanez » October 14th, 2015, 4:04 pm

First post here!

I've been playing the Xbox One version for 23 total hours now and I have not encountered any "game breaking" bugs. A few minor bugs like Pods not exploding in the AG Center when flashing red back at the start of the game but nothing major.

I do have some input I would like addressed.

The save files Can not be renamed. It is just "User Save 1" "User Save 2" etc.... That seems like an oversight or something to me. There was a patch today on Xbox and I was hoping it would fix that but didn't. Is there any place on the forums that I can suggest this to a developer?

septembertopia
Initiate

Post by septembertopia » October 14th, 2015, 7:53 pm

still broken for me on xbox. even after 8 gig patch. this is gettin really silly...

Hudson
Initiate

Post by Hudson » November 4th, 2015, 7:00 am

Any information about a new patch for the PlayStation 4 version?

[Edit]: Found the correct thread, apologies!
“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” - Calvin & Hobbes