Wasteland 2 GOTY Edition announced for Xbox One and PS4

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

ffordesoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Wasteland 2 GOTY Edition Xbox One trailer

Post by ffordesoon » March 4th, 2015, 2:39 am

I return! :D

I just saw the Xbox One trailer, and I wanted to come here and see if everyone was screaming bloody murder about it.

Looks like it. :lol:

I am curious to see how WL2 could possibly work on a console, I must admit.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
As a poster, I speak only for myself. PM me if you have any problems with the way I moderate.

My Tumblr, if you're into that.

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » March 4th, 2015, 2:51 am

BLOODY MUUUURRRDEEERRRR!!! :x :twisted:
(am I doing it right?)

Not that I mind all future inXile releases inevitably being designed with a controller in mind.
Heck, I typed all that with just one finger.. :)
marmelade & jam

ffordesoon
Forum Moderator

Post by ffordesoon » March 4th, 2015, 3:02 am

dorkboy wrote:BLOODY MUUUURRRDEEERRRR!!! :x :twisted:
(am I doing it right?)

Not that I mind all future inXile releases inevitably being designed with a controller in mind.
Heck, I typed all that with just one finger.. :)
I for one welcome our new touchscreen overlords, and would like to remind them that as a trusted member of the Wasteland 2 community, I am in a prime position to bathe those with Wrong Beliefs in the glorious light of Genius Bartender Cyber-Jobs' In-App Reeducation Protocol.
As a poster, I speak only for myself. PM me if you have any problems with the way I moderate.

paradox-fi
Scholar

Post by paradox-fi » March 4th, 2015, 3:04 am

I'm very pleased with how inXile has handled this: up until now, they have been 100% focused to get the PC version right, and the possibility of a console port hasn't affected the keyboard+mouse controls or other aspects of the game*. I hope the console port(s, perhaps there will be a Playstation version too) will generate loads of income for inXile, allowing them to make more great (PC) games, even if the glory days of kickstarter are over (I'm very curious to see how the future Bard's Tale IV kickstarter will go, will it break the "it is no longer possible to get over 1.5 million through kickstarter" rule).

* Well, I guess it's possible that some development decisions were made, or were chosen not to be made, with the possible console ports in mind, but even if that is the case, at least I haven't noticed any trace of consolitis in WL2.

natzy
Acolyte

Post by natzy » March 4th, 2015, 3:16 am

Good for them!I'm sure PS will come. It's just like Diablo 3 case . Build the game for PC and then make it for consoles. I just hope we will get the new things as well. I'm hoping in the future we will have the games we love on all platforms with cloud save.
Look out below! Above! Sideways!

Vault_13
Scholar

Post by Vault_13 » March 4th, 2015, 3:35 am

Will these guys finally get in the game?

Will we ever see these ones live?

So perks are confirmed, but what are "quirks"?
Will we have an ability to shoot specific body parts now?

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » March 4th, 2015, 3:40 am

God I hope not on the first, and Damn I hope so on the second :D
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » March 4th, 2015, 3:59 am

First, let me say that I'd LOVE to see the car crabs make it into the game. WL2 has some fun enemies, but it leans way too heavily on just tossing Honey Badgers at you left and right. The game really needs more variety when it comes to non-human enemies, at least in the latter half of the game.
Vault_13 wrote:So perks are confirmed, but what are "quirks"?
The first thing that springs to MY mind is that this new system is more likely to be a "Merits & Flaws" sort of system, akin to the Trait system in Fallout (rather than the Perks system that everyone seems to be drawing assumptions toward). A lot of tabletop games (GURPS, Shadowrun, Cortex, Savage Worlds, etc.) allow a player to take positive character traits during character creation, as long as they're balanced out by negative traits (ie, "quirks").

Creating a system that helps to better differentiate characters in your party doesn't necessarily require an elaborate Fallout-style "Perk per X levels" system. Something akin to Fallout's Trait system would work almost as well, and would be leaps and bounds easier to program into the game.
Vault_13 wrote:Will we have an ability to shoot specific body parts now?
That's apparently what the new "Precision Attack" system is going to be. Can't say I'm a fan, but if it replaces the current broken headshot system I guess I can't complain too much. Yet. ;P

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » March 4th, 2015, 4:21 am

paradox-fi wrote:(I'm very curious to see how the future Bard's Tale IV kickstarter will go, will it break the "it is no longer possible to get over 1.5 million through kickstarter" rule).
This rule does exist? I doubt that. Today probably its even more important than before to have reputation or a prototyp to get funded. i think inXile has the reputation. But its a different question if there are so many people who are waiting for bards tale 4. People waited for another Wasteland/"Fallout 3". People waited for another Torment. But do they wait for another Bards Tale? Personally i dont. I will probably back it, but only a basic version.

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » March 4th, 2015, 4:28 am

Tets wrote:This rule does exist? I doubt that. Today probably its even more important than before to have reputation or a prototyp to get funded. i think inXile has the reputation. But its a different question if there are so many people who are waiting for bards tale 4. People waited for another Wasteland/"Fallout 3". People waited for another Torment. But do they wait for another Bards Tale? Personally i dont. I will probably back it, but only a basic version.
Its also worth pointing out that many of the old Kickstarter blockbusters have had their pledges artificially inflated by obscene amount of physical rewards. There's a lot of horror stories from devs that gathered 500.000+, only to end up with final budget to be half of that. So we can safely assume 1.5 million is the old 3 million. :lol:
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

paradox-fi
Scholar

Post by paradox-fi » March 4th, 2015, 5:23 am

Tets wrote:This rule does exist? I doubt that.
Well, I made that up, but 2014 was a really lousy year for new high profile kickstarters. In the past 12 months, the most funded 2014 project in video games was Amplitude, with $844K. There have been a couple of more successful projects in 2015, so perhaps it's picking up again, and hopefully BT4 will fare well too. But I agree with you, Bard's Tale might not have the same drive that Wasteland and Torment had. Anyway, this is highly offtopic tangent.

ColdBrew
Initiate

Post by ColdBrew » March 4th, 2015, 10:12 am

Will the PC version also get gamepad support?

LeBurns
Initiate

Post by LeBurns » March 4th, 2015, 12:09 pm

Dang glad I saw this. I almost bit and bought the game on sale at STEAM. Now I'll be definitely waiting again until I know the PC get's the Game of the Year edition.

citizen_x
Novice

Re: Wasteland 2 GOTY Edition announced for Xbox One and PS4

Post by citizen_x » March 4th, 2015, 12:42 pm

Well, people read the announcment, it goes to PS4 as well.Its gonna be based on the new unity 5 patched pc version.It will have aimed shots at certain body parts.Thats all good.
However i also dont like it very much, not because i hate consoles or console gamers, but what console gaming has become last few years they are making it worse and worse and we , the people who supported inxile and funded their games, helped them to make it kinda big and move towards this craphole.
InXile got their games funded by people, and this is where theyre going ?
And no, fact that W2 works on windows has nothing to do with it, it works on all major 3 oS`s, you have options.EVen with steam crap, you can go physical disc (thats at least what ive been hearing for some time) or go another digital provider, like GOG with no drm.
It could go 3 ways.
They can flop on consoles (probably for the best)
They can just get some money from them and keep PC as main platform still without drm (more or less)
OR, start making some console exclusive stuff, all funded by pc people.
I wouldnt call it good news, not for us.In the best of cases it means 2 more platforms to deal with which means less people to work on pc stuff.Also, anyone have good reliable info about W2 sales ? (units and revenue).I think we have the right to know.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » March 4th, 2015, 12:44 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/ ... ng-to-ps4/

For those who didn't see it. Who said anything about Xbox exclusive? ;)

ffordesoon
Forum Moderator

Post by ffordesoon » March 4th, 2015, 12:57 pm

sea wrote:http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/ ... ng-to-ps4/

For those who didn't see it. Who said anything about Xbox exclusive? ;)
MY TIDY NARRATIVE OF BETRAYAL IS CRUMBLING LIKE THE WALLS OF JERICHO

randir14
Explorer

Post by randir14 » March 4th, 2015, 3:52 pm

CEO Brian Fargo noted that "if you are backer of Wasteland 2 or have already purchased it on PC, fear not. We will announce great news for you later."
http://www.destructoid.com/wasteland-2- ... 8537.phtml

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » March 4th, 2015, 3:59 pm

Where's the Android version :D
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

Wile
Adventurer

Post by Wile » March 4th, 2015, 4:38 pm

I, for one, would really like to get my hands on Android version. Doom, Carmageddon and Hearthstone tend to get pretty boring on 7 hour train trips I need to do every now and then.

I wonder if it would be possible to convert one of my extra WL2 keys for a PS4 key or something in the future? I'm actually quite intrigued how this game runs on consoles.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » March 4th, 2015, 8:29 pm

citizen_x wrote:OR, start making some console exclusive stuff, all funded by pc people.
Seriously?

Sigh. Internet.
Alwa nasci korliri das.