Wasteland 2 GOTY Edition announced for Xbox One and PS4

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Sephy88
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 2 GOTY Edition Xbox One trailer

Post by Sephy88 » March 3rd, 2015, 3:24 pm

Probably is a stupid question but, those enhancements will come to the PC version?

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » March 3rd, 2015, 3:32 pm

is there a link without age restriction?

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » March 3rd, 2015, 4:00 pm

You can bypass age restriction by editing the URL.

Original url:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpKUqHlOIDI

No restriction:
https://www.youtube.com/v/BpKUqHlOIDI
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

Darth Trethon
Acolyte

Post by Darth Trethon » March 3rd, 2015, 4:09 pm

Allying with Microsoft knowing full well what they tried to do at E3 2013 and what they intend to do to the gaming industry? Are you serious? Well I guess that does show your true colors and what your stance on the big sharks destroying the industry really is. Actions speak much louder than words and you just sold your souls. That's one way to spit in the faces of all your backers and I must say I absolutely regret having backed you at all......never again.

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » March 3rd, 2015, 4:20 pm

is it ok for you that they released it on windows for PC, because of microsoft? :D They release it on a console plattform owned by microsoft. they allready released it on a pc operating system owned by microsoft. thats it.
IHaveHugeNick wrote:You can bypass age restriction by editing the URL.
thx.
quirks & perks? precision strike system? updated graphics? doesnt sound bad :D

-Archangel-
Adventurer

Post by -Archangel- » March 3rd, 2015, 4:26 pm

Darth Trethon wrote:Allying with Microsoft knowing full well what they tried to do at E3 2013 and what they intend to do to the gaming industry? Are you serious? Well I guess that does show your true colors and what your stance on the big sharks destroying the industry really is. Actions speak much louder than words and you just sold your souls. That's one way to spit in the faces of all your backers and I must say I absolutely regret having backed you at all......never again.
LOl?!
Go wage your war where people care.

Darth Trethon
Acolyte

Post by Darth Trethon » March 3rd, 2015, 4:28 pm

Tets wrote:is it ok for you that they released it on windows for PC, because of microsoft? :D They release it on a console plattform owned by microsoft. they allready released it on a pc operating system owned by microsoft. thats it.
IHaveHugeNick wrote:You can bypass age restriction by editing the URL.
thx.
quirks & perks? precision strike system? updated graphics? doesnt sound bad :D
Exclusivity on Microsoft's console is directly and deliberately helping them recover and helping them destroy the games industry. Windows is just an OS, Microsoft don't control the games played on it and it's not exclusively playable on Windows. This move for Xbox One is more akin to making it exclusive on the now defunct Games For Windows Live.....this is a direct pledge of allegiance to Microsoft.

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » March 3rd, 2015, 4:34 pm

Darth Trethon wrote:Allying with Microsoft knowing full well what they tried to do at E3 2013 and what they intend to do to the gaming industry? Are you serious? Well I guess that does show your true colors and what your stance on the big sharks destroying the industry really is. Actions speak much louder than words and you just sold your souls. That's one way to spit in the faces of all your backers and I must say I absolutely regret having backed you at all......never again.
Deal with it.

Darth Trethon
Acolyte

Post by Darth Trethon » March 3rd, 2015, 4:52 pm

IHaveHugeNick wrote:
Deal with it.
You have no idea what you're talking about. You think that if Microsoft succeeds in making a console require 24 hour check ins before becoming a brick it will have no effect on PC gaming? You are kidding yourself, the big publishers all work hand in hand and the death of customer rights on consoles will, in time, lead to far more difficult life across all gaming platforms including PC.....except PC gamers have already given up all their rights with small movements for DRM free gaming being all that's left but those too will become futile and a lost cause if the console market ends up falling to demented DRM.

Note how quickly they deleted the comment about GDC being a week long event? I don't know what they thought they were doing but ID@Xbox is a program that mandates Xbox exclusivity, at least timed....the damage is already done.

Sxerks
Global Moderator

Post by Sxerks » March 3rd, 2015, 5:08 pm

I still have an unclaimed key at the Ranger Center, is Xbox One going to be added to the download service locations? Don't actually have one at the moment, just wondering.

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » March 3rd, 2015, 5:25 pm

[quote="Darth Trethon"
You think that if Microsoft succeeds in making a console require 24 hour check ins before becoming a brick it will have no effect on PC gaming?
That's exactly what I think, because the kind of service Microsoft wanted to do, already dominates on entire PC market - you may have heard of it, its called Steam. DRM - check. Can't lend games - check. Can't resell games - check. Broken offline mode - check. So no, it won't have any effect on PC gaming. At all.

Move with your holy console wars elsewhere , because nobody cares.

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » March 3rd, 2015, 6:08 pm

To what extent do the additions in the trailer reflect those of the balance/polish pass hinted at in the KS update?
marmelade & jam

LethalBurst
Initiate

Post by LethalBurst » March 3rd, 2015, 6:40 pm

1) Are these changes coming to the PC version? If so, when?

2) Why no PS4? XBONE sux.

randir14
Explorer

Post by randir14 » March 3rd, 2015, 6:55 pm

LethalBurst wrote: 2) Why no PS4? XBONE sux.
I'm not sure PS4 is totally out of the equation. People asked Brian Fargo about it on Twitter and he said "stay tuned".

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » March 3rd, 2015, 7:19 pm

Darth Trethon wrote:Exclusivity on Microsoft's console
Muh? You know this game exists on PC, right? :?

The Rain Dog
Initiate

Post by The Rain Dog » March 3rd, 2015, 7:25 pm

All I'm dying to know is - will these updates be patched into the PC version of the existing pc game or will the GOTY edition be sold as a new separate title??? If they are going to be patched, then when???

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » March 3rd, 2015, 8:28 pm

The Rain Dog wrote:All I'm dying to know is - will these updates be patched into the PC version of the existing pc game or will the GOTY edition be sold as a new separate title??? If they are going to be patched, then when???
It would be a little silly for them to sell the game to those who already own it :)

If this was like a content expansion pack or something, that might be different. But I'm assuming the balance patch and character system revamp will be an update to the base game.

Who knows though, no detailed announcement has been made.

Lexx
Scholar

Post by Lexx » March 4th, 2015, 12:04 am

I am wondering how horrible the game will play with a gamepad.

-Archangel-
Adventurer

Post by -Archangel- » March 4th, 2015, 12:35 am

Lexx wrote:I am wondering how horrible the game will play with a gamepad.
I don't care, but I am so happy about those upgrades coming for the PC version :)