Update 59: What a great way to end the year!

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Brother None
Developer

Update 59: What a great way to end the year!

Post by Brother None » January 6th, 2015, 8:02 am

A word from our leader in exile looking back at a very successful 2014!
We capped this year off by hitting #1 on the Steam sales chart again during the winter sale and being awarded the 2014 Game of the Year Award by PC World. This along with other wonderful mentions like TotalBiscuit announcing Wasteland 2 as the "Best Thing to come out of Crowdfunding".

Much of this yearly update is focused on Wasteland 2 for obvious reasons but Torment is making great strides and visually looks spectacular. The writing style is on point and does an excellent job of capturing the otherworldly feel of Numenera and the spirit of Planescape: Torment. Every word is being carefully crafted by an incredible design team. We are applying lessons learned from Wasteland 2 to Torment and are happy with our progress.

As for Wasteland 2, we will continue to support it in a myriad of ways, in fact we just released our fifth major patch. We will continue to address bugs, improve localization, make balance passes and you can expect a few surprises in the future. We will always go above and beyond the call of duty to build your trust in our studio. We value goodwill greatly here at inXile.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

skin
Novice

Re: Update 59: What a great way to end the year!

Post by skin » January 6th, 2015, 8:25 am

Congrats Inxile :D

SuAside
Global Moderator
Location: MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Suprisingly Obvious

Post by SuAside » January 6th, 2015, 8:56 am

That's really f***ing neato. :D
"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of touching a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it."

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » January 7th, 2015, 7:34 am

Torment will release later in the year
i doubt that :D
As for Wasteland 2, we will continue to support it in a myriad of ways, in fact we just released our fifth major patch. We will continue to address bugs, improve localization, make balance passes and you can expect a few surprises in the future.
Looking forward to patch 6, balance passes and surprises.. then im finally playing W2 :D

lubben
Novice

Post by lubben » January 7th, 2015, 8:41 am

Tets wrote: Looking forward to patch 6, balance passes and surprises.. then im finally playing W2 :D
Looking forward to patches as well, but I've been playing all the way to LA and haven't noticed that much of a problem, other than to avoid using weapons that might as well be the equivalent of dumping my ammo into a black hole, but it's not so bad you can't play the game, is it?

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » January 7th, 2015, 12:02 pm

i want to wait :D

Jukkahvi
Scholar

Post by Jukkahvi » January 7th, 2015, 12:19 pm

Well done!

Enjoying the game a lot for what it is. Had to break some gaming habits and expectations to see what you've really created with this RPG. Here's how I'm playing this currently:

Seasoned difficulty
4 people team size
Awareness and Speed attribute same for all characters so they're in sync with eachother. (10Awa, 6 Spe)
Everyone has an Int 1, so I only raise Coordination, Luck, Strenght and Charisma stats individually for character.
1 Main weapon skill. (2 Assault rifles and 2 sniper rifles so I need to spend scrap for ammo.)
2 Profession skills per character.
1 Flavor skill. (Not very high)
One Point in brawling so they can all punch a little and actually swarm on somebody if needed.

With this setup the gameplay feels fast and satisfying. And I think the levels get to shine more with less PC's running around. I don't get to do everything which feels awesome. I don't save scum so what happens happens(unless the damn surgeon goes down xD) I've been mocking around with the ranger editor and let me tell you.. YOU need to put all those clothes for the players. I didn't even know there were so damn cool looking gear in this game!! I found out how to put that hockey chest guard(Leather Jerk shoulders) on top of other clothes and the combinations are infinite! Add that shoulders slot naov.

With the ranger editor I just started updating the character Bio and came with an idea to giving all characters speciality tag and trait tag, according with each character appearance and stats. Didn't increase any stats, but with that editor anyone can basically make their own perks/traits as they like. :o

All in all. This game rocks! What I made is a team that works as a one. BUTBTUUTUTUBTUTTUBTUT you don't need to play like that. I could play like a teaparty and .uummph. yeah the game allows that.

Can't wait for game editor and start playing dressup for the whole game xD xD xD

Audron
Initiate

Post by Audron » February 5th, 2015, 10:36 am

Congratulations InXile, you deserve it.